The Student Room Group

What club do you hate and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by andrew17
The Court seemed to take a different view.

Of course not, but you stop representing the club. If some Rangers supporting idiot wants to voice their support of the UVF at home then that's not the club's problem. If they do it at Ibrox then it is, and I, and most other fans, would be having a word.

The fact we can sit here and have this argument sums it up - I just laugh at other team's fans. Particularly Hearts and Motherwell who seem to think qualifiers mean Europe. And Aberdeen fans who think we care about them.

The Courts adhered to the letter of the law more than its spirit.

Meh. The amount of times i've seen Rangers fans all suited and scarfed up expressing that sort of view... They're as much your responsibility as the “up the ra” lads are ours.

Hearts are the worst. Far too big for their boots, no sense of sportsmanship... Like your lot, but without trophies. Heh.
Reply 81
Original post by NR09
That's Old Firm fans all over; we are better than all of you because we win the title every year. You're all glory hunting bastards and you're right; Scottish football is a joke and it's because of the Old Firm.
If they went to England the league would be much more competitive and exciting. Yes there would be no money in it and the quality of the football would be ****e, but at least there would be some competition in the SPL.

Och, here we go. “Your team is better than mine, you must support them for that reason, how dare you be proud of your team's success”. And then they try to deport us.
Reply 82
Original post by Bardamu
The Courts adhered to the letter of the law more than its spirit.

Meh. The amount of times i've seen Rangers fans all suited and scarfed up expressing that sort of view... They're as much your responsibility as the “up the ra” lads are ours.

Hearts are the worst. Far too big for their boots, no sense of sportsmanship... Like your lot, but without trophies. Heh.

Well that is the Courts job isn't it?

Fair enough - living in Edinburgh I don't see the scum that claim to support the club when they never go to games.

Hearts aren't that bad. I live very close to Gorgie so I know plenty of Hearts fans. There are 3 types: ones who just want to watch the football and support the club, the 'loyalist' ones (half of which are scum, the other half are basically the first category while singing the sash) and the self-obsessed nationalists who seem to care more about criticising the 'loyal' Hearts fans than actually supporting the team. Typical SNP supporters I guess.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by jam277
Yup. Exactly. Always the victim. The thing is I generally liked liverpool fans until moving to liverpool, it wasn't even a general hate thing. For example they hate us because of a benitez-mourinho rivalry? Like seriously! It's like me saying I don't like arsenal because lampard hates fabregas.

No we hate you because you have **** impatient fans, equally a rich Russian who made you good, no manager gets to build a team because they're sacked, and you have some of the most repulsive players in the Premier League.
Reply 84
I know nothing about football...but hate Birmingham City cause
a] My ex supports them
b] Loads of the fans look scummy and hooligan-ey compared to other clubs
c] My mate told me about their player who is on the sex offenders' register which is think is disgusting seeing as in the real world he probably wouldn't even get a job at Primark
d] The football chants the fans have regarding said sex offender
Reply 85
Original post by abc:)
I know nothing about football...but hate Birmingham City cause
a] My ex supports them
b] Loads of the fans look scummy and hooligan-ey compared to other clubs
c] My mate told me about their player who is on the sex offenders' register which is think is disgusting seeing as in the real world he probably wouldn't even get a job at Primark
d] The football chants the fans have regarding said sex offender

Do you even know the player's name?

Think A is the only real reason you have, and it's not even a reason
Reply 86
Well that is the Courts job isn't it?

Fair enough - living in Edinburgh I don't see the scum that claim to support the club when they never go to games.

Hearts aren't that bad. I live very close to Gorgie so I know plenty of Hearts fans. There are 3 types: ones who just want to watch the football and support the club, the 'loyalist' ones (half of which are scum, the other half are basically the first category while singing the sash) and the self-obsessed nationalists who seem to care more about criticising the 'loyal' Hearts fans than actually supporting the team. Typical SNP supporters I guess.

Wow, sectarian abuse for both sides in the one comment. Bravo. Bet you're a pathetic wee Dundee United fan.

Reported by the way.

Not to administer justice?

Lucky you.

Meh. My experience of them has been primarily negative. I've just met the scum, it'd seem. Och, you had to bring politics into it as well...

Yeah, also reported it.
Reply 87
Do you even know the player's name?

Think A is the only real reason you have, and it's not even a reason

Marlon King... I only remember it because the chant is 'she said yes marlon' in response to other fans' 'she said no marlon'

no the first reason is more of a bias obviously
Reply 88
Original post by Jim-Jam
No we hate you because you have **** impatient fans, equally a rich Russian who made you good, no manager gets to build a team because they're sacked, and you have some of the most repulsive players in the Premier League.

Luiz suarez still plays for your team.
I'm sure man city beats us for the amount of cocks there are in the team.
Oh, and wait, who's building your team right now, you've had more managers in the past 3 seasons than we have as well. Have fun clutching at straws.

I guess FSG had no money too, that's why they can afford spending a net worth of 40 million pounds.

Also, what does that have to do with liverpool FC? By that logic you hate man city, yet were celebrating with them because united didn't win the league.
Reply 89
Original post by jam277
Oh, and wait, who's building your team right now, you've had more managers in the past 3 seasons than we have as well. Have fun clutching at straws.

I guess FSG had no money too, that's why they can afford spending a net worth of 40 million pounds.

Also, what does that have to do with liverpool FC? By that logic you hate man city, yet were celebrating with them because united didn't win the league.

Yeah I hate Man City for those reasons, but they don't have players like yours. Tevez and Balotelli are idiots but they don't go into full on prick mode like Terry and Cashley.
Reply 90
Original post by Bardamu
Not to administer justice?

Lucky you.

Meh. My experience of them has been primarily negative. I've just met the scum, it'd seem. Och, you had to bring politics into it as well...

Yeah, also reported it.

No, it's to uphold the law. If it was to administer justice then people wouldn't be punished for possessing cannabis.

I'm not wanting a political discussion but it's all that type of Hearts fan talks about!

Hibs fans are much worse than Hearts though. Bitter, sad people.

Original post by abc:)
Marlon King... I only remember it because the chant is 'she said yes marlon' in response to other fans' 'she said no marlon'

no the first reason is more of a bias obviously

Okay, I do apologise.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by Jim-Jam
Yeah I hate Man City for those reasons, but they don't have players like yours. Tevez and Balotelli are idiots but they don't go into full on prick mode like Terry and Cashley.

You're the definition of a deluded scouse supporter
Cole and terry worse than tevez and balotelli.

All cole did was cheated on his wife.
Tevez took a 6 month holiday to argentina because he felt like it then comes back because he's losing money, he plays when he wants.
Balotelli. Well he's just a cock on and off the pitch, he also plays when he wants.

Terry racially abused someone, but really that was a one off, people just follow the terry bandwagon, when he kneed sanchez, sanchez was holding his hamstring when he hit his back, no one says anything about that. Tevez goes to punch barton. No one says anything about that.

Don't clutch at straws, because I will have more to back my point.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
Am I the only one that thinks if any club did deserve a billionaire owner coming in then it is Manchester City?

Some of the best fans in the world, and they've had to put up with United over the years.

They were selling out Maine Road in League 1, that deserves respect.
Reply 93
No, it's to uphold the law. If it was to administer justice then people wouldn't be punished for possessing cannabis.

I'm not wanting a political discussion but it's all that type of Hearts fan talks about!

Hibs fans are much worse than Hearts though. Bitter, sad people.

Okay, I do apologise.

But to administer justice where possible. In this case, the judge had the option. Cannabis is different because the government insists on pretending that it's bad.

I'm SNP, but I know the type.

I have a bit of affection for Hibs. They're basically a crap, Edinburgh version of us. I like an underdog, I dislike the Hearts team and, on the whole, Hibs play with a bit of integrity. They seemed a bit over excited at the Cup final derby though.
I just hate Ipswich. So happy we thrashed them last season.

Other than that, it's mainly players I don't like.
Reply 95
Original post by jam277
You're the definition of a deluded scouse supporter

Let's not lump Everton in with that lot
Original post by jam277

To be honest you talk to Jim-Jam. So I can see why you think were what you say we are. I would advise you to just ignore, you won't get an intelligent conversation with that one.
Reply 97
Am I the only one that thinks if any club did deserve a billionaire owner coming in then it is Manchester City?

Some of the best fans in the world, and they've had to put up with United over the years.

They were selling out Maine Road in League 1, that deserves respect.

I'm going to be biased and say we deserved one more :tongue:

Unfortunately Kenwright wouldn't even sell Everton if you offered him ownership of an actual oil field.
Reply 98
Original post by TomDixie
I'm going to be biased and say we deserved one more :tongue:

Unfortunately Kenwright wouldn't even sell Everton if you offered him ownership of an actual oil field.

I have a lot of respect for Everton as well. Got a soft spot for you now that you have Jelavic - £5m was an absolute steal. Easily worth triple that.

Although if you poach Naismith then I will never forgive you! He's an outstanding player, would really do a job in England. He would have single handedly won us the SPL even with the 10 point deduction if it wasn't for his injury. The Kilmarnock Messi is what I like to call him haha!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Bardamu
But to administer justice where possible. In this case, the judge had the option. Cannabis is different because the government insists on pretending that it's bad.

I'm SNP, but I know the type.

I have a bit of affection for Hibs. They're basically a crap, Edinburgh version of us. I like an underdog, I dislike the Hearts team and, on the whole, Hibs play with a bit of integrity. They seemed a bit over excited at the Cup final derby though.

Well we'll agree to disagree on that then.

Leith is filthy!

Quick Reply

Latest