The Student Room Group

What club do you hate and why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pn94
Why would there need to be justice for Heysel when everybody responsible was brought to justice? Clueless ****.

So you admit it's Liverpool's fault then?

Now answer my point about the club sweeping it under the carpet.
So much hate in this thread. When people are writing essays on why they despise something, you just know their lives are full of bitterness and self pity if they are to hate something in football that much to get so pissed off.

As for classifying a whole group of fans by a minority. It's really hilarious how much this point comes in to the debate. All clubs have their cretin supporters. I know a bunch of idiots who support Swansea who have been done for racist abuse etc. Yet the media don't bother with this. Yet when a Liverpool fan shouts racist abuse in a match this gets the media attention. Many threads on here were made about it and all. I just think everything stinks of hypocrisy. I honestly think Liverpool get a lot of bad PR. I don't think it helped having Dalglish back and the way everything has been handled this season. Nothing short of awful. But this could have been covered up by good PR. It's just this department has seemingly let the club down. But all it is if it didn't happen would have just been good spin. Someone like Rodgers is actually likeable to other fans and is very respectable. I honestly think a lot of it is just a vicious circle with the club and the media. And the media is just so powerful it's quite scary.

The TomDixie guy is the funniest bitter i've read here though. When describing people from the same city he tries to make out Liverpool fans are the anti christ and yet Everton fans are the chosen ones. Clearly bitter. It's just not healthy for such a hatred. Rivalry is one thing, hatred is another.

Could write a lot more but leave it like this aha.

Take it easy and remember football is just that. A game. So lighten the **** up and enjoy it for what it is :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by Pn94
Why would there need to be justice for Heysel when everybody responsible was brought to justice? Clueless ****.

I agree. Don't understand why people say JFT39. I have complete remorse & condolence for the fans & their families, but 'justice' - if you can call it that - has been done. The fans got punished.
Hillsborough, on the other hand - no one has ever been help responsible for it & files are still kept private. This is why people say JFT96

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 163
If someone could point out what Justice for the 39 you all so pasionatelly want, that would be ****ing great.

Because the history books show LFC supporters we're extraditated, put on trial and jailed for manslaughter for their part in the heysel tragedy.

Get ya facts right, you ****ing helmets.
Original post by Gob Bluth
So much hate in this thread. When people are writing essays on why they despise something, you just know their lives are full of bitterness and self pity if they are to hate something in football that much to get so pissed off.

As for classifying a whole group of fans by a minority. It's really hilarious how much this point comes in to the debate. All clubs have their cretin supporters. I know a bunch of idiots who support Swansea who have been done for racist abuse etc. Yet the media don't bother with this. Yet when a Liverpool fan shouts racist abuse in a match this gets the media attention. Many threads on here were made about it and all. I just think everything stinks of hypocrisy. I honestly think Liverpool get a lot of bad PR. I don't think it helped having Dalglish back and the way everything has been handled this season. Nothing short of awful. But this could have been covered up by good PR. It's just this department has seemingly let the club down. But all it is if it didn't happen would have just been good spin. Someone like Rodgers is actually likeable to other fans and is very respectable. I honestly think a lot of it is just a vicious circle with the club and the media. And the media is just so powerful it's quite scary.

The TomDixie guy is the funniest bitter i've read here though. When describing people from the same city he tries to make out Liverpool fans are the anti christ and yet Everton fans are the chosen ones. Clearly bitter. It's just not healthy for such a hatred. Rivalry is one thing, hatred is another.

Take it easy and remember football is just that. A game. So lighten the **** up and enjoy it for what it is :wink:

Sit down you tit.

He was very gracious.

LFC - Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

The world's top grievers.
Reply 165
Manchester United FC - Glory hunters.
Original post by SamHLFC
I agree. Don't understand why people say JFT39. I have complete remorse & condolence for the fans & their families, but 'justice' - if you can call it that - has been done. The fans got punished.
Hillsborough, on the other hand - no one has ever been help responsible for it & files are still kept private. This is why people say JFT96

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Do you accept the fact that Liverpool supporters were partially to blame?
Reply 167
Original post by Wilfred Little
Sit down you tit.

He was very gracious.

Get your own original strap line, you boring helmet.

LFC - Couldn't give a **** what some blert from huddersfield thinks.
Reply 168
Do you accept the fact that Liverpool supporters were partially to blame?

Can you show me were anyone here has ever said LFC fans were not partially to blame? Of course we were to blame. But UEFA have to share their own responsibility, as do the Juventus fans who were throwing fireworks and bricks into the LFC end.

29th may 1985 is a shameful day in our history.
Original post by L18
Get your own original strap line, you boring helmet.

LFC - Couldn't give a **** what some blert from huddersfield thinks.

You are the world's top grievers though. I'm guessing Hillsborough was totally the fault of the police and Liverpool supporters were completely innocent?

Is Suarez innocent too?

Disgusting club. Ugh.
Original post by L18
Can you show me were anyone here has ever said LFC fans were not partially to blame? Of course we were to blame. But UEFA have to share their own responsibility, as do the Juventus fans who were throwing fireworks and bricks into the LFC end.

29th may 1985 is a shameful day in our history.

I'm on about Hillsborough you retard.
Sit down you tit.

He was very gracious.

Swansea fan. Do like Liverpool i'll admit and have said before someone says it.

I just think it is so sad to see there are such bitters like you who have a vehement dislike of a group of people of which you don't even know anywhere near 0.0000000001% of the fan base.

Why do you case so much about a football club that isn't yours ultimately? You're clearly just another unintelligent being with nothing else better to do.
Reply 172
I'm on about Hillsborough you retard.

Well then your a ****ing retard then.

Go read the taylor report, you uneducated mong. No point arguing with a spaz.

Why dont you tell me about this justice for the 39 campaign you are obviously so concerned with. What are their aims?
(edited 11 years ago)
Swansea fan. Do like Liverpool i'll admit and have said before someone says it.

I just think it is so sad to see there are such bitters like you who have a vehement dislike of a group of people of which you don't even know anywhere near 0.0000000001% of the fan base.

Why do you case so much about a football club that isn't yours ultimately? You're clearly just another unintelligent being with nothing else better to do.

I don't follow any team. I just find it embarrassing that Liverpool supporters are always playing the victim card. Is Suarez innocent?

Original post by L18
Well then your a ****ing retard then.

Go read the taylor report, you uneducated mong. No point arguing with a spaz.

Answer the question, were your fans partially to blame or not?

I accept some blame has to be held by West Yorkshire Police and the stewarding but are you seriously trying to tell me that there weren't any jibbers? Come off it lad.
Reply 174
Is Suarez innocent?

No hes not. He was quite clearly trying to wind up Evra. Whether there was sufficent evidence to back the claim, and wether Evra deserved a charge for his actions also, is a different matter.

I accept some blame has to be held by West Yorkshire Police and the stewarding but are you seriously trying to tell me that there weren't any jibbers? Come off it lad.

Of course there was. Are you seriously trying to tell me if a gate was opened outside wembley during a semi final, fans of any team in the league wouldn't of ran in?

There was sufficent room in the ground to hold the number of fans who were inside. The numbers were not the issue.

Either read up on it, or stop talking.
I don't follow any team. I just find it embarrassing that Liverpool supporters are always playing the victim card. Is Suarez innocent?

Answer the question, were your fans partially to blame or not?

No, he was guilty. I'm not going to go in to the points of the case but i believe there is a lot more to it than meets the eye.

If you have any intelligence you would realise Liverpool fans are not a different species of human. Every fanbase has cretins and i understand someone saying they dislike a certain club than others. But some of the reasons here just makes me consider how unintelligent a lot of people are. It's just supporting a bloody football team. Not like only idiots go to support the club really is it? Especially when apparently the other half of fans in the city are supposed to be angelic in comparison according to TomDixie.
Reply 176

It's football hatred, not actual hatred :biggrin:

For example at the Semi-Final I spent a good hour with about 20 Kopites (actual Scouse ones) having a fair few drinks next to Wembley way beforehand. Every year I get a ticket for my Kopite cousin for the Goodison derby and we go together. A few members of my family and some of my friends support Liverpool.

I guess you missed the post where I said "I respect them as a club and their hardcore fans, but that a rivalry is a rivalry."

I do believe that the culture of Liverpool and Everton are fundementally different in a fair few ways however.
Reply 177
So you admit it's Liverpool's fault then?

Now answer my point about the club sweeping it under the carpet.

I'm yet to know of a Liverpool fan who doesn't. Not to say there weren't other factors involved.

Swept under what carpet? The kop held up a murial when we played Juventus in 05, there's a plaque commemorating the disaster at Anfield, and there's a yearly tribute posted on the website as well as numerous tributes from fans.

**** wum.
Original post by L18
No hes not. He was quite clearly trying to wind up Evra. Whether there was sufficent evidence to back the claim, and wether Evra deserved a charge for his actions also, is a different matter.

Of course there was. Are you seriously trying to tell me if a gate was opened outside wembley during a semi final, fans of any team in the league wouldn't of ran in?

There was sufficent room in the ground to hold the number of fans who were inside. The numbers were not the issue.

Either read up on it, or stop talking.

Not debatable. He used the word negro and tried to justify it.

Every club has jibbers, Liverpool aren't any different or any worse but it would ne nice if the fans and club acknowledged this.

No, he was guilty. I'm not going to go in to the points of the case but i believe there is a lot more to it than meets the eye.

If you have any intelligence you would realise Liverpool fans are not a different species of human. Every fanbase has cretins and i understand someone saying they dislike a certain club than others. But some of the reasons here just makes me consider how unintelligent a lot of people are. It's just supporting a bloody football team. Not like only idiots go to support the club really is it? Especially when apparently the other half of fans in the city are supposed to be angelic in comparison according to TomDixie.

I totally agree with this.

TomDixie was pretty gracious though so save your rant.
Reply 179

I totally agree with this.

TomDixie was pretty gracious though so save your rant.

Aye, we have a fair few scalls ourself.

And cheers mate, I think my initial rant was taken a tad too seriously by him. The whole point of football is to "hate" your nearest rivals, it's what football is built upon. But there is a difference between "hatred" within football and actually hating people.

Quick Reply

Latest