The Student Room Group

My impression of British girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeanofJelly
I can see why you say that. But there is an atmosphere of hate towards women, hate that often revolves around unfair double-standard expectations of their appearance and behaviour (particularly sexual behaviour) and threads like these are a part of it.

I will not be afraid or ashamed to use the words sexist or mysogynistic to describe an OP which is purely about the criticism and hatred of women on grounds which are totally unfair because they apply equally to men / are complete generalisations which show a failure to appreciate women as individual human beings / come back and back again to the old controlling, sexist themes on women's sexual behaviour and the extent to which their lives do or do not revolve around men's needs.

When do you ever see a positive thread about women on this site? And how often does one come up that just criticises and attacks women along much the same lines as this one does?

Intelligent people who view women with respect and as equals don't make threads like these. If they have a problem with alcoholism (for example) I can't see why they couldn't post something less spiteful and not entirely directed at women. Only a sexist makes a thread like this. Compare your impression of py0alb to the OP from this thread. You're not an idiot.

Yeah but that's more egotistical than sexist, in my opinion. In the same way, some people not only have musical preferences, they criticize those who don't share their views or hate a type of music then criticize those who like it e.g. by calling those people mindless sheeples. Some people have sexual preferences and expect women to adhere to these standards. It's just all arrogance/egoistical. He doesn't have a problem with these lifestyles. He has a problem with women adhering to these lifestyles because they make them unattractive and the more unattractive women are, the less likely he is to find a compatible partner, see relates back to him and his ego. Who wants to settle for having niche interest? People want their interest/preferences to be mainstream.

Well that's not a surprise because there's no space for positive threads. This is in the relationship sub-forum where the majority of stories tend to be negative aspects of relationships and problems. How many times do you see praise of Britain? Or British society? It's always we're US's puppy, police state, too many immigrants, war, broken Britain etc. Rarely anything positive. It's a part of British culture to moan man.

I'm an optimist, I always like to see the best in people and when there's not-so-clear threads like these, I always like to assume the best of intentions.
Original post by Dark Horse
You say biased as though I want things to be this way. Not true. The shortcomings plaguing the women of our generation trouble me greatly.

And I'm not interested in debating the semantics of sexism and what qualifies as such. Not only do I not care about such ridiculous hair-splitting topics but you probably want to go down that route because your hard up for a response to the things I said.

More proof, as if it was needed, that women can't debate about their own gender without getting all touchy and losing their composure.

All shortcomings of women can be applied to men. There's no need to be separatist, if you have a problem with British society state it but don't just outline one offender. That's like outlining black people for doing X when white people do the same, racist generally do this.

It's not really anything to do with gender. Describe a black man as a "illogical creature" and see how he reacts. Some people's identity revolves around their gender more than others ergo tend to be more sensitive to criticism of their genders (especially when the criticism isn't representative or caused by the person being of said gender). This applies to men equally. Go to reddit's men's right page and you'll see many cases of men crying sexism and misandry at little jokes/non-serious statements against men.
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
All shortcomings of women can be applied to men. There's no need to be separatist, if you have a problem with British society state it but don't just outline one offender. That's like outlining black people for doing X when white people do the same, racist generally do this.

It's not really anything to do with gender. Describe a black man as a "illogical creature" and see how he reacts. Some people's identity revolves around their gender more than others ergo tend to be more sensitive to criticism of their genders (especially when the criticism isn't representative or caused by the person being of said gender). This applies to men equally. Go to reddit's men's right page and you'll see many cases of men crying sexism and misandry at little jokes/non-serious statements against men.

I see we're back to semantics again. :rolleyes:

You're more concerned with the why and the how instead of the what. Debating with you would bore me.
I see we're back to semantics again. :rolleyes:

You're more concerned with the why and the how instead of the what. Debating with you would bore me.

Do you know what semantics mean? You throw around the word when it's not even relevant. And what's the what? What British women do wrong?

More proof, as if it was needed, that women can't debate about their own gender without getting all touchy and losing their composure.

Pointing out how unfair and stupid sexism is, isn't touchy. You attempt to debase it to such because you've nothing else to say.

Where have I lost my composure? Have I descended into poor spelling or series of characters? Given that I haven't, I'd like to know how across the internet you've managed to assess that composure has been lost. Is that one of your awesome masculine powers?

You're desperate, clutching at straws, trying to aggravate me, trying to embarass me. Trying to make it personal because reason won't support you.

Pretty obvious and pretty low.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 145
not all girls are as you see them. they may dress or act a certain way because they have no choice to. boys are just as bad in the way they dress and behave. its a two way street in this scenario. never base your decisions on the cover of a book, read it first to understand!! belittling women make them do crazy things like this!! the stereotypes of women belonging in the house is old and outdated and we just want to express that e are humans too - not some robot that cooks and cleans!!
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Do you know what semantics mean? You throw around the word when it's not even relevant. And what's the what? What British women do wrong?

You've come into a thread about the shortcomings of British girls and encourage the gender war by stating things such as "well this could be applied to men as well". Why? Why don't you make a thread about the shortcomings of men? Perhaps it's just your nature to over-complicate things.

Although I can't say I'm surprised. Any thread or post that tries to refer to the nature and typical behaviors of any gender is doomed to go down the same gender war route.

Pointing out how unfair and stupid sexism is, isn't touchy. You attempt to debase it to such because you've nothing else to say.

Where have I lost my composure? Have I descended into poor spelling or series of characters? Given that I haven't, I'd like to know how across the internet you've managed to assess that composure has been lost. Is that one of your awesome masculine powers?

You're desperate, clutching at straws, trying to aggravate me, trying to embarass me. Trying to make it personal because reason won't support you.

Pretty obvious and pretty low.

This was a very defensive post and we're already way off topic. Thanks for proving my point.

Original post by Shennie
A fair few of those books are set in the past, so of course it stands to reason modern British women will not be like this in real life. Probably should have thought that one through :smile:

It still portrays them as beautiful and loyal women.
Reply 148
You obviously havrn't met my gf, shes none of what you say.
Reply 149
I shall use this as a stereotypical, prejudiced example in my Hums exam tomorrow.
Original post by zangorou
I shall use this as a stereotypical, prejudiced example in my Hums exam tomorrow.

British women, frankly, are no good. Its a true fact and is none of the stuff of '' sterotypical. ''

So with that case, case closed.
Original post by M4LLY
You obviously havrn't met my gf, shes none of what you say.

I don't think the OP has met enough British women in general.
Original post by The Retard
Way better to be a virgin , then to open ur pussy like a *all you can eat kebab shop* :cool:

Lol lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by x_Natalie_x
Somebody's a virgin.

...you just proved OP's point. Good job.

Original post by DWLLVBDYHG
I will preface this by saying not ALL British girls are like this, there are many exceptions mostly in the higher social classes, but this is basically the impression I have got from the majority of British girls

-Think they are the greatest thing ever, difficult to approach and prone to become bitchy.
-Expect you to do all the talking, can't hold a conversation that isn't about them or some crappy reality TV show.
-Unclean, unattractive lifestyles. Smoking, binge drinking and crap food.
-Masculine, agressive voices and mannerisms
-Too slutty to trust in a relationship, cheat more than the guys
-Overweight or downright fat. If not than often shapeless and skinny fat.

Whenever I leave the UK I am always stuck by how down to earth, healthy, affectionate and feminine the girls seem. Why is this? Any other guys feel the same way?

Amen to that.
I have met many girls from around the world and UK girls are mostly utter bitches and also ugly. I have done many threads on this before and it is good to see that you too point out the exact same problems.
The girls expect you to entertain them, even if they are some fat moron who should never expect anything from a man besides insults.

Original post by sinfonietta
I don't think the OP has met enough British women in general.

No, OP has and he is right as I too have seen the exact same problems.
What is comes down to is that you will not have met foreign women as only when you see the vast difference do you open your eyes and see just how broken the women in this country are.

Original post by minniiee
you must be hanging it in some pretty nasty places

although i do know some women that fit that bill the most i know are the complete opposite...

Where do you live?!
I have heard many girls claim this before, but never have I met these mass groups of girls who are opposite to what OP describes, unless of course you all are in one tiny corner of the UK hiding away.

Standard post.

Attempts disclaimer to try to prevent the horrible **** he has to say about women from being criticised. "Not saying ALL British girls are like this", "My impression", simper simper.

Goes on to criticise women in a totally predictable way:

- Waah women rejected me
- Women are stupid and boring
- Women aren't feminine enough (ie: resentment toward women who do not conform to the very stereotypes that are used to control and belittle them)
- Women are sluts
- Women are not sexy/attractive enough, there is -insert- wrong with their bodies

As for the unhealthy lifestyles, I'll admit that's slightly more original - but anyone should know that british women drink, smoke and weigh less than their male counterparts. So, err maybe you should correct your post to a hateful rant about all british people*?

*Have not even gone into the Britain/western culture hate/prejudice part of your post, I'll stick with the misogyny for now I think.

In summary? Women should all want to have sex with you (and should do this easily, or else they are stuck up), but they shouldn't want to have sex with anyone else (that would make them sluts). They should be "feminine" in their behaviours and interests, but expect to be criticised as stupid and boring if they are. And ofc, they should look hot because that's the most important thing about them.

Now I expect to be accused of reading too much into what you've said, being a loony feminist etc etc

But is it really just me, or are there rather a lot more threads about lovely people's "impressions" of girls, women, "british women" without anything positive to say at all on here than you might expect without a little (a lot of) sexism being involved?

:giggle:
You have not met many foreign women have you?
Just because OP wants a woman to be feminine and interesting does not make him crazy or jealous. It simply means he has standards and you do not.
(edited 11 years ago)

This was a very defensive post and we're already way off topic. Thanks for proving my point.

Funny how you think I'm defensive and hysterical because I'm a woman...

(Notice you keep on saying I'm proving your point. Can I just start saying that too? Thanks for proving my point Dark Horse. Yeah, I've totally "won" now. I'm so grown up).

Original post by Jimbo1234

:giggle:
You have not met many foreign women have you?
Just because OP wants a woman to be feminine and interesting does not make him crazy or jealous. It simply means he has standards and you do not.

But this guy assumes I'm a desperate man without standards!

Maybe I just disagree with both of you (and the OP) for being sexist, and it has nothing to do with my gender?

One might argue that this illustrates your shared tendency to make sexist presumptions, which are clearly baseless because my gender isn't actually obvious from what I've said (you guys can't work it out). Or perhaps its more that you both like to use a personal attack to drive home an otherwise weak point?

And as an aside (not at all related to the above points but jeez it has to be said): seriously Jimbo "mostly utter bitches and also ugly" - so rude and really, bordering on the ridiculous. Will you ever stop feeling sorry for yourself? Move to Europe or somewhere else in the world. Go on, just do it. I don't even care for arguing with you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jimbo1234
No, OP has and he is right as I too have seen the exact same problems.
What is comes down to is that you will not have met foreign women as only when you see the vast difference do you open your eyes and see just how broken the women in this country are.

I do know non-British women - I have more contact with women who aren't British in my private time than I do with women who are. I actually know a Romanian woman who fits the description in the OP as well as any British women who fits it, but that's not the point of this thread so I won't turn that into an argument.

On that note, I would like to say thank you to everyone posting in this thread for keeping my lovely Austrian lady entertained (after she got past her initial offence of my behalf) - we've had a good laugh together reading this. :wink:
But this guy assumes I'm a desperate man without standards!

Maybe I just disagree with both of you (and the OP) for being sexist, and it has nothing to do with my gender?

One might argue that this illustrates your shared tendency to make sexist presumptions, which are clearly baseless because my gender isn't actually obvious from what I've said (you guys can't work it out). Or perhaps its more that you both like to use a personal attack to drive home an otherwise weak point?

How the hell is this sexiest? :curious: I would suggest you grab a dictionary as complaining about those traits is not sexist as those features have nothing to do with being a woman...........which is really the problem :redface: Also clearly making a generalisation is not sexiest, especially when it happens to be true.

You simply can not argue against the points that have be raised and are hoping that by shouting "sexist" that you will magically win the argument. Thankfully that **** won't fly here.

I do know non-British women - I have more contact with women who aren't British in my private time than I do with women who are. I actually know a Romanian woman who fits the description in the OP as well as any British women who fits it, but that's not the point of this thread so I won't turn that into an argument.

On that note, I would like to say thank you to everyone posting in this thread for keeping my lovely Austrian lady entertained (after she got past her initial offence of my behalf) - we've had a good laugh together reading this. :wink:

So please do tell us how British women do vary from their foreign peers, and before you say "they are the same", just remember that they clearly are not hence why so many are fat etc.
Original post by The Marshall
British women, frankly, are no good. Its a true fact and is none of the stuff of '' sterotypical. ''

So with that case, case closed.

You can't make sentences properly. Just saying.
You can't make sentences properly. Just saying.

:confused:

my lovely Austrian lady???????????????????????? A relationship of love?:confused::confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending