The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rockrunride
Noice. I want a new pair of deckies. Scrimping on a Burton's pair didn't really work, and they've become my fall back pair for grubby nights out where they'll accumulate all types of vomit, piss, mud and alcohol. Would like to go for the real deal, eg a pair of Sperry or Sebago shoes. But to pay for the brand? Haha.

Tbh this is my first pair of boat shoes. i ordered some from topman that loked decent on the website and looked good at home, but when you try them on they feel flimsy and just dont fit right. I wouldn't have bought these but for £40 after vouchers and **** its fine i think.

Gutted i missed the timberland boat shoes for ~£35 in asos i while back before discounts.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
They look bloody awful. Like something a grandmother would wear in the conservatory.
Reply 22
Original post by paddy
I'm wanting a pair of these:

the hell is that?
Reply 23
Would these be good boat shoes? I'm not particularly a big fan of boat shoes tbh but I just fancied trying them out. Don't ask why

Reply 24
I don't like them. I just have deck shoes, shiny leather shoes and my trainers. Oh and some boots lol.
Reply 25
Original post by RobML
Would these be good boat shoes? I'm not particularly a big fan of boat shoes tbh but I just fancied trying them out. Don't ask why

The ropey sole makes it different to a lot of other shoes out there so yeah give em a go.
in
Where's the best place to buy jeans? I know the weather is warm but I need a new pair badly. I want a nice fit - not too tight or too baggy. So hard buying jeans!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
:biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by BACTSR2
They look bloody awful. Like something a grandmother would wear in the conservatory.

If by grandmother you mean stylish bastard and by conservatory you mean the Riviera then yes, your statement is accurate.

Original post by tehforum
the hell is that?

It's called a shoe.

Original post by Trizzle
The ropey sole makes it different to a lot of other shoes out there so yeah give em a go.

Ropey? I believe the word you are looking for is jute.
Reply 30
Wow. A thread number 3 :biggrin:

I'm pretty impressed with print tees at the moment, just because there so cheap and they can make an outfit look completely different just by the image and colour
Reply 31
Original post by paddy
I'm wanting a pair of these:

I like the style in principle, but I think it would work better in a more neutral colour.

Please wear them with short shorts and shin length black socks, that would be awesome.
Reply 32
http://www.franklinandmarshall.com/en/Collection/Man/Pants/mens-long-chad-chino-pants-1889.html

Bought these today from TK Maxx for £25. I was very impressed with the current stock. Loads of stuff I wanted but couldn't afford :frown:

Also, there's a shop in Leeds selling Supreme Tees and next door is selling fakes for £8 and the tension between them is hilarious. They also have fake Viv Westwood Tees which look appalling!
Original post by fletchdd02
http://www.franklinandmarshall.com/en/Collection/Man/Pants/mens-long-chad-chino-pants-1889.html

Bought these today from TK Maxx for £25. I was very impressed with the current stock. Loads of stuff I wanted but couldn't afford :frown:

Also, there's a shop in Leeds selling Supreme Tees and next door is selling fakes for £8 and the tension between them is hilarious. They also have fake Viv Westwood Tees which look appalling!

Do you live in Leeds? What are the good shops?
Original post by CountMancula
Where's the best place to buy jeans? I know the weather is warm but I need a new pair badly. I want a nice fit - not too tight or too baggy. So hard buying jeans!

Budget is everything buddy!
:hi:
Reply 36
Original post by ThisIsOurDecision
Do you live in Leeds? What are the good shops?

I do indeed live in Leeds.

We have some cool little vintage shops where you can pick up some absolute bargains!

Then there are all the high street stores such as Topman, RI, Burton, TK Maxx, JJB, Sports Direct, H&M blahdy blah.

GAP, Fat Face, Quicksilver, Flannels, Harvey Nics, ZARA, Debenhams, House Of Fraser, TM Lewin, Slaters, All saints.

It really depends what you want to be honest!
Original post by fletchdd02
I do indeed live in Leeds.

We have some cool little vintage shops where you can pick up some absolute bargains!

Then there are all the high street stores such as Topman, RI, Burton, TK Maxx, JJB, Sports Direct, H&M blahdy blah.

GAP, Fat Face, Quicksilver, Flannels, Harvey Nics, ZARA, Debenhams, House Of Fraser, TM Lewin, Slaters, All saints.

It really depends what you want to be honest!

Where are these vintage shops? (I visit Leeds at least once a month) :holmes:
Reply 38
Original post by Tokyoround
Where are these vintage shops? (I visit Leeds at least once a month) :holmes:

Around near Kirkgate market, BEST is a really good one :smile:
Reply 39
http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-S2012/189538/785018/FREE%2BBAND%2BMOCCASIN

Saw these today in Zara, they looked really good.

What the quality of ZARA shoes like?

Latest

Trending

Trending