Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Male 'Fashion' Thread III

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend told me that Zara was meant to be a shop for black guys. Is that right? Seems random.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	302935_mrp_fr_l.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	152782

Anyone know of a good place to look for a pair of shoes such as these? And the tie? Tried the usual TM Lewin etc. to no avail.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzed_Out)
    Budget is everything buddy!
    I'm not fussed. Willing to splash out because I'm that desperate (nothing too mad though lol).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    I'm not fussed. Willing to splash out because I'm that desperate (nothing too mad though lol).
    Well with jeans you can really spend as much as you want, Levi's are pretty much always a straight bet but denim is endless. I personally wear quite heavy weight denim and put up with the heat but if your desperate you could always move towards lighter chino material but cut like a jean denim.

It's difficult to recommend stuff without knowing what your after really, I'd say just go on asos and slap your fit, size and price window in and see if you like anything.

This store also does some nice stuff, I've ordered from them a few times and they're always really quick to deliver.
    http://www.denimgeek.com/jeans-c19#sort3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to buy myself a classic looking khaki/beige trench coat so got this.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Slim-F...item99ad4f2385

opinions?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subbed
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chupacabraconcadabra)

opinions?
    It's alright but what's with the thing on the left shoulder? I also prefer my trench coats to be a bit longer.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

opinions?
    Sorry but it looks pretty terrible. Even on the model the fit is poor, every single button is pulling in a way that it shouldn't be.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

opinions?
    Big mistake, cheap clothing from Chinese sellers on Ebay is notoriously awful even if it looks ok in the picture (and it doesn't, it looks like it fits badly). It will most likely be made of some god awful plastic based material. You'll find better quality from Primark. Cancel the order if you still can.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What you guys think about this suit for work possibly? Think it can be used for anything else?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31Bbi-HhJ4L._SX280_SY418_SH35_.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	152843

Jacket and trousers is £100 from M&S , I'm on a budget.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell if it's black or navy!? If it's navy it looks fine. If its black it isn't.

• 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was just about to say the same. Get it in navy not in black.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I can't tell if it's black or navy!? If it's navy it looks fine. If its black it isn't.

I've always heard people say that a black suit is not suitable for business, but I have never understood why... care to explain?

Merci!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a Reiss 10% event today. Might investigate these:

• 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gtcalder)
    I've always heard people say that a black suit is not suitable for business, but I have never understood why... care to explain?

Merci!
    It's really only suitable for funerals and weddings and maybe black tie events (if you don't have a tux). You could use a particularly nice one for an interview I guess, but it's definitely not something you should be wearing regularly.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reiss :coma:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Sg)
    I prefer mocassin .... I have worked for the brand Bobbies as a salesman. I ... recommend them !

www.bobbies.fr

:love:
    rep for this

EDIT: nice feature on mrporter about a certain Japanese gentleman, some nice shots and good style ideas
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsnake23)
    Big mistake, cheap clothing from Chinese sellers on Ebay is notoriously awful even if it looks ok in the picture (and it doesn't, it looks like it fits badly). It will most likely be made of some god awful plastic based material. You'll find better quality from Primark. Cancel the order if you still can.
    I've bought from that particular seller before and it was alright. Yeah the material isn't good quality, it's sort of primark quality at best. I'm not expecting it to be great quality, that's what I get for being cheap and not wanting to spend much on a coat, but it looks good enough to me.

What exactly is wrong with the fit? To the untrained eye(mine) the fit looks perfectly fine :0
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Need a suit/shirt/tie for prom, don't want to spend much over £100 for the suit.
    Not terribly bothered about quality, don't expect to wear it more than once a year, wouldn't mind getting a fairly nice tie from somewhere though.

Any tips on where to look?

I'm probably a 36, which cuts down my options, usually going for XS in most places because I'm only about 5'7. Last year remember having to go to Topman to find somewhere that did suits that actually fitted.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    £25 to spend on a nice polo shirt in XS or a nice casual long sleeve shirt in XS. Any ideas?
Updated: October 15, 2013
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.