The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ЯOЯЯIM
and don't buy shoes from H&M. They aren't the ugliest ever [lol river island] but see where it says "imitation leather"? Yeah, that's bad. Buy real leather shoes/boots on eBay or a vintage store, they'll look much better and they'll last longer--and they'll probably be cheaper too.

I'm not buying the outfit from h&m, they just happened to have a useful dressing room feature :P
Original post by ЯOЯЯIM

Spoiler

does it work better with darker trousers then, like this?
http://www.hm.com/gb/s/03EVOL
Reply 1182
Original post by xEnvy
Why under?!

Original post by Mess.
Try it on and the horribly restrictive nature of the layers will tell you to avoid the t shirt. I still can't quite get my head around the idea :mmm:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I have burns on my arms which don't look good hence why I wish to wear something to cover it. It's part of the staff uniform for the day.
Reply 1183
Original post by Breeze
I have burns on my arms which don't look good hence why I wish to wear something to cover it. It's part of the staff uniform for the day.

You could get a plain white long-sleeved t-shirt to put under the orange shirt, nothing special but it does the job you need it to (i.e. covering your arms).
Reply 1184
are levi's good quality? should I buy a pair?
Reply 1185
Original post by paddy
You could get a plain white long-sleeved t-shirt to put under the orange shirt, nothing special but it does the job you need it to (i.e. covering your arms).

What's the difference between the T-shirt and shirt? All it is, is the collar and buttons.

http://www.next.co.uk/summer/x493556s3#830651x49

Would the above be ok? :smile:

It won't look odd would it (white & orange)
Original post by 93M

They're not ****, but save up a little more and you could buy A.P.C. jeans. The quality of the denim is higher and, more significantly, the cuts are among the best.

Original post by toastehmonstah
does it work better with darker trousers then, like this?
http://www.hm.com/gb/s/03EVOL

That does look better but I still don't like it.
Reply 1187
Original post by Breeze
What's the difference between the T-shirt and shirt? All it is, is the collar and buttons.

http://www.next.co.uk/summer/x493556s3#830651x49

Would the above be ok? :smile:

It won't look odd would it (white & orange)

Yes that would be fine.

A shirt (i.e. one with a collar and buttons) is normally worn looser than a plain tee shirt, so it would be bulkier under a short sleeve shirt.
Reply 1188
I was thinking about getting a lightweight parka (probably the penfield parka) but i cannot find any in the correct size and for the right price. So i was thinking of some alternatives for this weather, perhaps a harrington jacket would be a good alternative.

What jacket do you think is suitable for this type of weather? Also what is your opinion on harringtons and what colour? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1189
anyone had any experience of charles tyrwhitt 'tailored' fit shirts?
Original post by Ryan2159
I was thinking about getting a lightweight parka (probably the penfield parka) but i cannot find any in the correct size and for the right price. So i was thinking of some alternatives for this weather, perhaps a harrington jacket would be a good alternative for this type of wetaher at the moment.

What jacket do you think is suitable for this type of weather (changing from warm to cold etc but favouring the warm weather slightly)? Also what is your opinion on harringtons and what colour? :smile:

Penfield parka is perfect! check out the asos sale, they have some great alternatives on there. I'm not a fan of harrington jackets personally, they're a little chavvy now.
Reply 1191
Reply 1192
Original post by JLXP
Penfield parka is perfect! check out the asos sale, they have some great alternatives on there. I'm not a fan of harrington jackets personally, they're a little chavvy now.

I remember you telling me how good the penfield parka is, so i looked online but couldn't find one in my size for a good price!
I remember you telling me how good the penfield parka is, so i looked online but couldn't find one in my size for a good price!

That's so annoying, mine was only £55 from Urban Outfitters for the Kasson parker. :frown:
I was thinking about getting a lightweight parka (probably the penfield parka) but i cannot find any in the correct size and for the right price. So i was thinking of some alternatives for this weather, perhaps a harrington jacket would be a good alternative for this type of wetaher at the moment.

What jacket do you think is suitable for this type of weather (changing from warm to cold etc but favouring the warm weather slightly)? Also what is your opinion on harringtons and what colour? :smile:

You only needed to say "this weather" once man.
Original post by oxygen49
anyone had any experience of charles tyrwhitt 'tailored' fit shirts?

Too tight for me... but then again I am 6 foot 4 with a 44 inch chest and 17.5 neck.
Reply 1196
Original post by JLXP
That's so annoying, mine was only £55 from Urban Outfitters for the Kasson parker. :frown:

Sounds like a great deal!
Original post by 93M

The basic Levi's range isn't great and its overpriced in the UK. Not much better than your high street shop denim. Might be worth it if you can get a nice pair <£40 though.

Levi's Vintage Clothing range is decent but its a lot more expensive. You can find some decent pairs for ~£100 or less in the sales.
Original post by 93M

I'm beyond addicted to levi's, i spend all of my wages in there every month. They do really nice shirts too
Reply 1199
The shirts are pretty good but their denim is very overpriced for what it is.

Latest