Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Did I get the right grade?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    On the certificate of my January Psychology A exam I got 68. I converted that with the UMS converter which equals out to 100 UMS points and I've seen on AQA's grade boundary chart that you need a 55 for an A. Well I got 68 and received a B. Is that right?

I feel like I must be getting confused somewhere?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you say you got 68, that would have been your UMS score. Hence, you should have used the grade boundaries the other way to calculate your raw mark. If the UMS was out of 100 (which I suspect it was) then 68 is a high B.

Perhaps 68 in raw marks would have been 100% UMS, but the score you receive on results day IS the UMS mark.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.