The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics 30th May 2012 P1 P2 P3

How did it go?

For the thread on the OCR Gateway Biology 21st May exam--> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2006071

For the thread on the OCR Gateway Chemistry 24th May exam--> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2011157
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What did you write for the first question on why liquid A's temperature fell quicker than liquid B's?
Some people wrote specific heat capacity but a friend of mine wrote that the liquid may have been in a different room which had a lower room temperature.

The question about why the temperature isn't changing at point X (on the second page I think)?
I wrote stuff about the intermolecular bonds being broken but I'm not too sure on that one now because the temperature was decreasing...

And the question on working out the initial speed (before the car brakes were used)?
I could not answer this question :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Just realised how many stupid mistakes I made. I must have thrown at least 12 marks that I could have got -.-
Some of the questions were phrased in such a weird way omg. What did you lot get when they asked about the main process heat was transferred? Conduction, convection or radiation?
Reply 4
Original post by sunshinebeem
Some of the questions were phrased in such a weird way omg. What did you lot get when they asked about the main process heat was transferred? Conduction, convection or radiation?

I wrote conduction, then scribbled it out and wrote radiation.. :s-smilie:
Reply 5
I found the exam quite straightforward, however i know i made quite a few silly mistakes.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
What did you write for the calculate the speed it was traveling at before the braking distance (the one that involved a graph)
Original post by sunshinebeem

Radiation I think.
Original post by gcseis
What did you write for the calculate the speed it was traveling at before the braking distance (the one that involved a graph)

I couldn't figure it out so I just went for distance/time, even though I know that that wasn't write. Or I don't think it was at least :frown:
Reply 9
What did you write for the first question on why liquid A's temperature fell quicker than liquid B's?

Some people wrote specific heat capacity but a friend of mine wrote that the liquid may have been in a different room which had a lower room temperature.
Was the (3rd?) question; on why the temperature wasn't decreasing, because the energy was being used to make bonds or break them?
Reply 11
Original post by bobbricks
I wrote conduction, then scribbled it out and wrote radiation.. :s-smilie:

I wrote radiation as well

[QUOTE="bobbricks;37840357"]How did it go?

hmm I'm not sure, didn't do very well in the last section. The first two were ok. Found it harder than chemistry and biology:L

I wrote because it had a lower SHC :s-smilie: you?
Reply 13
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
I couldn't figure it out so I just went for distance/time, even though I know that that wasn't write. Or I don't think it was at least :frown:

I did that too i got 15m/s
Reply 14

I first wrote specific heat capacity but then I scribbled it out and wrote the liquid may have been in a different room which had a lower room temperature... :s-smilie:
Reply 15

What did you write for the question about why the temperature isn't changing at point X (on the second page I think)?

I wrote stuff about the intermolecular bonds being broken but I'm not too sure on that one now because I think it was condensing or freezing...
What did you write for the question about why the temperature isn't changing at point X (on the second page I think)?

I wrote stuff about the intermolecular bonds being broken but I'm not too sure on that one now because I think it was condensing or freezing...

Yeah I wasn't sure, I went for bonds were being made because it was cooling :\
Reply 17

It was either melting or freezing which both involves the breaking of inter molecular bonds
Original post by gcseis

It was 30m/s because it would have had to have been close to 32m/s for the next question... Anyway I used SUVAT and did s = u + v/2 t

And molecular bonds were being formed because it was cooling :smile:
Original post by gcseis

Yeah me too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending