Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR dating?

Announcements Posted on
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    There's the odd attempt at a dating initiative but I don't think it works very well. This is a forum and I feel it's not really the sort of thing that should be used deliberately as a dating service - there are plenty of actual online dating services for that. People do meet up, and I had a relationship of over a year with someone I originally met on TSR, but it's usually the sort of thing that develops organically. If you're actively seeking a partner, this probably isn't the best place, as people haven't created profiles here because they're looking for partners. You'll notice that the wall of any woman with a half-decent profile picture is full of messages from men trying to make something happen. The user 'hasan4life' is a pretty good template for how not to behave.
    :lol:

And also 'RainPours'

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    :lol:

And also 'RainPours'

This is one I've heard about more than seen - but given the number of negative reactions I've come across I'm quite ready to believe he's a bit of a pest. But I will say this for him - I've actually seen profiles of girls with pictures that look passable without posts from him on the wall, unlike hasan4life.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Nope, no way. But this girl is...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2015713
    Lol!!!! :lol:

• 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ive met someone off here- but its more a fwb situation
    Tell us more!

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh I don't worry that I look particularly bad (I'm perfectly happy with how I look), it's more that I feel my current picture is particularly good and I wouldn't like to change to a more recent but less flattering photo. The internet's all about choosing who you're going to present yourself as, after all.
    You got me interested now..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staceycake)
    You got me interested now..
    An experiment begins. Look how angry I look!
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    people aren't going to react well to others treating their profiles - which have been set up without dating in mind - as dating profiles
    You're smart enough to fathom how one might modify ones language/tack accordingly, given said propensity for adverse reactions to more orthodox tekkers

It's all about putting up a 5 year old profile picture from one occasion when I looked half-decent and waiting for PMs from girls to arrive :awesome:
    May pay off on occasion but you're limiting your pool by doing that blud, much as I resent the idea of jumping through hoops/the assumption that the guy need necessarily always be the instigator so far as some lasses are concerned :rolleyes:

Much better than putting in effort looking through profiles.
    I spose if you treated it exclusively as a source of dates it'd get tiresome/laborious, however if you happen to (waste) an awful lot of time on a site like this anyway, all you need do is keep your eyes open and it can prove quite fruitful :^_^:

(Original post by RainPours)
    So have been you naughty, that's what I meant
    yes
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You're smart enough to fathom how one might modify ones language/tack accordingly, given said propensity for adverse reactions to more orthodox tekkers
    Well yes, I consider myself a little bit beyond the typically dire and painfully obvious standard of conversation displayed by most men trying to get girls to notice them on TSR. Exclamation marks and superficial interest in your academic choices and smiley faces ahoy!

May pay off on occasion but you're limiting your pool by doing that blud, much as I resent the idea of jumping through hoops/the assumption that the guy need necessarily always be the instigator so far as some lasses are concerned :rolleyes:
    Objecting, as I usually do, to how everyone else does things, I actually have a pretty substantial mental block on being the instigator - not in the shyness sense as you'll often find, but as a pride thing. I can't wrap my head around the idea of being the one who has to make the effort - I feel like I'm selling myself short if I even so much as hint at chasing someone. Of course this makes no sense, because someone has to do the approaching and I'm sure I miss out pretty regularly because of this.

I spose if you treated it exclusively as a source of dates it'd get tiresome/laborious, however if you happen to (waste) an awful lot of time on a site like this anyway, all you need do is keep your eyes open and it can prove quite fruitful :^_^:
    Looking at it this way, I suppose wasting massive amounts of time on a student forum is slightly less depressing if you at least get to meet a few interesting young women as a result of it.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    An experiment begins. Look how angry I look!
    You don't look angry O.o And you lookin' good ;
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, I consider myself a little bit beyond the typically dire and painfully obvious standard of conversation displayed by most men trying to get girls to notice them on TSR. Exclamation marks and superficial interest in your academic choices and smiley faces ahoy!
    Hey! I'll have you know that smiley faces are an integral part of a debonair approach! :ahee:

as a pride thing
    Pride is a vice

I feel like I'm selling myself short if I even so much as hint at chasing someone
    I used to feel that way, but mostly through arrogance rather than on principal :rolleyes: Problem is, women like to be chased, and in demand women expect it, in most scenarios

The art is in 'engaging' (I won't say chasing, because in truth I rarely 'chase') in a way that satisfies her desire for attention/engagement but puts distance between you in your role as James Bond :cool: and you in your role as her pet bitch

I'm sure I miss out pretty regularly because of this
    Aye.. there's nothing better than the realisation that on a good day, in the right circumstances, you can pull certain things off with just a little application (mainly referring to real but just as true online, though less so on dating sites as they're full of drones/attention whores)

Looking at it this way, I suppose wasting massive amounts of time on a student forum is slightly less depressing if you at least get to meet a few interesting young women as a result of it
    Now we're on the same page :awesome:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staceycake)
    You don't look angry O.o And you lookin' good ;
    Sample size one, experiment currently 100% successful.

Hey! I'll have you know that smiley faces are an integral part of a debonair approach! :ahee:
    Much like in real life, smiling can show people that you're friendly and approachable, but when it accompanies everything you say it starts to get a little bit weird.

The art is in 'engaging' (I won't say chasing, because in truth I rarely 'chase') in a way that satisfies her desire for attention/engagement but puts distance between you in your role as James Bond :cool: and you in your role as her pet bitch
    Yeah I realised after the event that 'chase' wasn't the word I really wanted to use either - no matter what, I'm never going to be the sort to really chase someone. I think I get it into my head that by approaching someone I'm somehow handing over power to them, but this isn't particularly rational as unless you're being weird about it it's just choosing to talk to another person, and that's a pretty neutral action.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sample size one, experiment currently 100% successful.
    :rolleyes:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, do like this thread...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is one I've heard about more than seen - but given the number of negative reactions I've come across I'm quite ready to believe he's a bit of a pest. But I will say this for him - I've actually seen profiles of girls with pictures that look passable without posts from him on the wall, unlike hasan4life.
    You think it's funny to belittle people on here?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    there's a Facebook group called TSR Singles, it's was a failed attempt to do a dating site sort of thing but we only got about 20 ppl on it I don't think a TSR dating site will ever work out unless there are loads of people on it .
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainPours)
    You think it's funny to belittle people on here?
    Almost invariably, yes.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    when it accompanies everything you say it starts to get a little bit weird
    Aye, and/or childish, but I'm not too bothered, as long as the accompanying text demonstrates a modicum of maturity .."on occasion"

this isn't particularly rational as unless you're being weird about it it's just choosing to talk to another person, and that's a pretty neutral action
    Aye, particularly if you have in your mind the notion that they're not obliged to welcome your approach, nor can they know at first glance how fantabulous you are, in fact, so, should they shun your advances, really they aren't to know any better, and, ultimately it's their loss (unless it isn't) :awesome:

As for chirpsing to gals on sites such as this, there's really no need to go about it in an uncompromisingly direct/determined manner anyway, indeed such a tack would seldom be welcome
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Nope, no way. But this girl is...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2015713

but you 'lied and cheated on her' and you were 'posting horrible things about her such as her being too clingy'.... i dont see how that makes u her bf:rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    chirpsing
    What now? What do you think I am, some kind of bird?

I honestly don't know what this word means

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 12, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.