Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

LeBron or Kobe?

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so i know there's been a lot of talks about this in the past and people got very animated about who would comprehensively kick who's @ss, but there hasn't been any talk recently and, watching the playoffs, it got me wondering.. Who'd you pick to put on your team if you were a General Manager - LeBron or Kobe. I'm pretty sure you can guess where my loyalties lie...

Actually, i got an idea.. Let's rate them on 3 things...
    1) Clutchness - who would you go to if the game was on the line? - LeBron for me although go back 2 or 3 seasons and i'd have said Kobe
    2) Ability to finish in the paint - speaks for itself really.. - LeBron. No need to even say anything..
    3) Err.. Shooting? (for lack of better category) - Kobe coz although i'm a HUGE LeBron fan, i'd have to give this one to him, but only just as LeBron's shooting has improved a tonne this season..

So that's what i think.. Now it's your turn. Let the trey's rains as they say...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here's the NBA thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1851231

Kobe da gawd for me. Lebron's not clutch - didn't he miss 2 FTs in the 4th quarter against the Pacers? - he won't put himself up to take the game winning shot and Wade does it, and he flops.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kobe
    Kobe
    Kobe
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lebron
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Would pick Lebron if I was a GM drafting
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    First one i would probably go with Kobe but not as clear as some people make it.
    Second one Lebron by a landslide not even close.
    Third one once again Lebron, Kobe chucks up too many bricks for my liking anyone can have his ppg if they took as many shots as he did. Better scorers then Him, Durant,Lebron Anthony as of late.

Pretty much saying Lebron over Kobe any day of the week not even close.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not even close easily its Lebron, A better comparison would have been Lebron or Durant even then Lebron still wins or Wade Kobe. Delusional people...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kobe just takes a lot of shots in clutch time to make it look like he's amazing (since he's bound to eventually make some). Lebron seems to lack the confidence to take a lot of them (so his failures are completely blown up) recently. Lebron has really lacked the clutch mentality, unfortunately, so I go with Kobe in the clutch. It's definitely not as clear cut as one might make.

Everything else, Lebron is just flat out statistically better. Percentage wise, he's a better shooter. He's a better career scorer (higher career PPG), better rebounder, better assister, higher PER. In Kobe's prime, both were awesome defenders, but I still give Lebron the win because of his versatility (can guard 1 to 4). Only really FTs that Kobe has the edge on (no idea why Lebron sucks on those).

Teams win championships, not players. Kobe won his 5 with Shaq for the first 3, Gasol for the others (as well as some decent role players) and the greatest coach of all time. MJ had Pippen, Rodman and the greatest coach of all time. Magic had Kareem and Worthy. Bird had McHale and Parish. Etc etc. The best player Lebron played with in Cleveland is Mo Williams for christ sake and he still dragged his ****ty team to the finals in '07. He should have performed better last year, yes, but he's got plenty of years ahead of him to win at least 3.

In a draft, I'll take Lebron. Perfectly player to build around. Physically, he's the greatest combination of size and speed you'll ever see. And he makes everyone better.

(Original post by Jim_Metrin)
    Not even close easily its Lebron, A better comparison would have been Lebron or Durant even then Lebron still wins or Wade Kobe. Delusional people...
    Lebron beats Durant by a land slide, and it's not even close. Maybe when Durant can defend like Lebron, he'll get closer, but there's too big of a gap now. Durant has age on his side though. Lebron vs Kobe is far closer.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can't have as good a player as Lebron and then him not being clutch AT ALL.

What happened in the 4th yesterday? Lebron missed TWO game winning chances and then missed BOTH FTs in OT. Like, come on, you can't do that.
    • 24 followers

(Original post by Jingers)

What happened in the 4th yesterday? Lebron missed TWO game winning chances and then missed BOTH FTs in OT. Like, come on, you can't do that.
    Tiredness, same with the Pacers
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Tiredness, same with the Pacers
    Lebron refuses to take the last shot. Wade takes it instead...
    • 24 followers

Lebron refuses to take the last shot. Wade takes it instead...
    I was talking about the free throws, and its the same anyway tbf whether its wade or lebron
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 24 followers

Expect someone to post a anti-lebron video :sigh:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Just a couple of weeks ago, Kobe misses 3 clutch shots in one game and it's cool I assume:

Point is, EVERY player misses shots. I agree that Lebron should be a better FT shooter, but it's completely unfair to crucify him for every missed clutch shot and ignore the times he does knock down those shots, or ignore every other superstars' missed shots.

Lebron is unfairly criticised in the clutch. Durant, who's supposed to be a clutch player, does nothing in the 4th qtr these past 2 games and no one has even spoken about it.

Note that I'm not saying that Lebron is amazingly clutch (he has struggled with it).
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Just a couple of weeks ago, Kobe misses 3 clutch shots in one game and it's cool I assume:

Point is, EVERY player misses shots. I agree that Lebron should be a better FT shooter, but it's completely unfair to crucify him for every missed clutch shot and ignore the times he does knock down those shots, or ignore every other superstars' missed shots.

Lebron is unfairly criticised in the clutch. Durant, who's supposed to be a clutch player, does nothing in the 4th qtr these past 2 games and no one has even spoken about it.

Note that I'm not saying that Lebron is amazingly clutch (he has struggled with it).
    The difference between Kobe and Lebron is that Kobe is willing to take the shot. He doesn't care about his past shots because he's mentally tough. Lebron on the other hand...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron_xyz)
    Haters gonna hate...
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    **** Lebron and his flopping.

And yes, I'm mad about what him and the refs did against the Knicks.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    **** Lebron and his flopping.

And yes, I'm mad about what him and the refs did against the Knicks.
    Okay, so LeBron flops occasionally. So what? Lots of players have bad habits.. Wade had/has a habit of going into guys to get a foul.. So you gonna say that's a bad thing? It's part of the game man.. Admittedly, LeBron flops more than anyone else but that's just one thing. Compared to his absolute dominance on the court, i'd say that's quite insignificant...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The difference between Kobe and Lebron is that Kobe is willing to take the shot. He doesn't care about his past shots because he's mentally tough. Lebron on the other hand...
    No difference since Kobe misses most of them anyway. Whats the point of constantly chucking up bricks and then saying oh well at least he tried, still ended up losing. Refs did nothing against the Knicks you guys just didnt deserve to ball with the Heat. Get over it and come back next year.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.