Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Considering a career with McDonalds - advice??

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Might sound stupid, but considering a career with McDonalds/fast food.

I've heard the stories of people joining as Crew Members and working their way up to managers positions pretty quickly which would be good. I like dealing with customers and being in fast paced environments so it does look to be a good option.

But there's still that doubt in my mind, that 'it's McDonalds' and isn't a full time job.

What to do?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own, so it's difficult to say. However I'd personally advise you to think of it more as a stepping stone to something better. That said, McDonalds is obviously a huge company which I'm sure has lots of fantastic positions, but I don't personally believe working within the actual restaurant would be very fulfilling.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    mcdonalds once you get past frier jockey or burger monkey and it to management is very well paid
    from what I hear, so I say go for

skills you will gain
    working to set targets
    mass volume
    there are many more and you can move to what is seen as a better class of high volume establishment
    and on to area management or corporate
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    First, you need to get a crewmember job there. Then you need to like it enough to want to get good at it - all of it. You then need to get good at it. Then you tart to think whether there is a future you might want to go for.

I've worked for them and have a couple of friends who are management. They worked damned hard and put in a lot of hours, but none of them thought anything of a career until they had worked there and got to understand the basics. Take it one step at a time and get a job there first before you plan on running the show.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.