The Student Room Group

Anyone do CCEA Double Award Biology today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Shadowl286
yes, i did it :L. i thought it was an alright paper, the past papers i did where easier though -_- but i still think i got an A :smile:

What did you get for the magnesium oxide question and the last question about ethyl ethanoate?
Original post by jkpmc
What did you get for the magnesium oxide question and the last question about ethyl ethanoate?

i messed up the combustion of ethanol question lol.. i think i said ethyl was sweet smelling colourless liquid. can't remember.. (assuming yours was the same as mine, i done modular)
Reply 22
Yeah I put that too. What did you find for the moles and mass question?
Original post by jkpmc
Yeah I put that too. What did you find for the moles and mass question?

i think one of them was 0.1 and then i think i halved it for the next bit and multiplied it by the RFM for the last.
Reply 24
Original post by TheMysteryMan
i think one of them was 0.1 and then i think i halved it for the next bit and multiplied it by the RFM for the last.

was it 5.3 for last?
can't remember :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by jkpmc
was it 5.3 for last?
i got like 10.6 or something like that for the last one. maybe it was 5.3, idk. what did u get for the thermoftning bit. i drew a brick wall, lol. and i got PVC for the last one.
Reply 27
Original post by Shadowl286
i got like 10.6 or something like that for the last one. maybe it was 5.3, idk. what did u get for the thermoftning bit. i drew a brick wall, lol. and i got PVC for the last one.

Did it ask to circle the thermosetting plastic? I put bakelite
Reply 28
Original post by jkpmc
Did it ask to circle the thermosetting plastic? I put bakelite
yeah it did, i just had a wild guess!
Polystyrene is a thermosetting plastic, not sure about the others. Also I took a wild guess and put like dots down and joined them together.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
This appears to be what they wanted, mine was only like 6 dots joined together in a more square pattern, who knows, might get the marks.

Oh wait, it is Bakelite. I was wrong :frown:

Wikipedia - "Polystyrene can either be a thermoset or a thermoplastic."
No doubt ccea will **** me over anyhow.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by TheMysteryMan
Oh wait, it is Bakelite. I was wrong :frown:

Wikipedia - "Polystyrene can either be a thermoset or a thermoplastic."
No doubt ccea will **** me over anyhow.

Yeah I thought so. That is what I learned in Technology anyway. I put a lot of lines with cross links between them for the structure of a thermosetting plastic?
Reply 33
does anyone know what the grade boundaries are for double award??? :L
I don't know what the raw marks to UMS is. That depends on how everyone does I think. I know that's how it works with AQA, I have looked for ccea grade boundaries before but haven't found them. All i seen was A* = 90UMS etc

Reply 35
thnx, anyway. hopefully i get 2 A's or 2A*'s
Reply 36
Anyone do Physics? What was the answer to the rays used to sterilise something and what about the one about getting a current in the second coil?
Gamma rays, i guessed the second thing you're talking about. But magnet cutting field lines would be one.
Reply 38
i got microwaves for that one. i got use a variable resistor, use a magnet and relative movement....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending