Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone able to recommend good heated rollers?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I was basically born in the wrong decade, style-wise my heart belongs in the 50's. And I was looking on the internet which said that heated rollers were really good when you're trying to get 50's style hair, so I wondered if anyone knew any really good ones they'd recommend? As far as price goes, I don't want to waste my money on something that doesn't work, so I guess I'll buy anything if I think it's worth it.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    So I was basically born in the wrong decade, style-wise my heart belongs in the 50's. And I was looking on the internet which said that heated rollers were really good when you're trying to get 50's style hair, so I wondered if anyone knew any really good ones they'd recommend? As far as price goes, I don't want to waste my money on something that doesn't work, so I guess I'll buy anything if I think it's worth it.
    Hey!
    I use my heated rollers quite a lot and I love them!
    They're Nicky Clarke (model NHS005, according to the bottom of the bag) and contain 12 rollers, six red and six black all the same size. They come in a zip up carry bag, and half the bag is the heated part so they're very compact and don't take up much space. I had them about two years ago and they're now down to only about 20 quid in SuperDrug I think?
    You should probably get one set, see how they work for you, and if you love them, get another set so you can curl a smaller strand of hair and use more rollers, resulting in a bigger, bouncier style.
    I have wavy hair so it just evens out the curls, but my friend has straight hair and they give her full on ringlets! I wash and blow dry my hair then put them in for about 2 hours before I go out.
    I really hope this helps- I honestly love mine so much, dunno what I'd do without them!
    Good luck!
    Xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have velcro, and heated rollers. I have the babyliss pro professional heated ones and the velcro ones are just Boots brand but they work just as well and for all that I have cost me less than £10 rather than £40.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BHS12)
    I have velcro, and heated rollers. I have the babyliss pro professional heated ones and the velcro ones are just Boots brand but they work just as well and for all that I have cost me less than £10 rather than £40.
    Yeah, I bought some velcro ones today because I realised that they're cheaper and worth a shot, and then if they don't work then I'll try heated rollers. Thanks though! Tried curling my hair today, but sadly I'm impatient and wanted to take them out before they were ready. :lol:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have the Babyliss heated rollers, they work pretty well.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered hair care and hairstyles threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.