The Student Room Group

Unite North Lodge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrancescaRoseGreen
My viewing is at two I think, what about yours? Well I was hoping that the classic and basic rooms would be the same size but the classic would have a double bed and the basic a 3/4 which means more floor space which i kind of need in my course to do work so we'll see tomorrow I guess! Mine's currently a basic but the person on the phone put me in a flat on ten so that's cool. London met will be good fun :smile: Being a student in London is good, you can get everywhere and anywhere at all times of the day which I love so much. Price wise it isn't as bad as everyone says, if you go out in Mayfair obviously it'll cost you your arm, however if you go to say shoreditch or hoxton and these places drinks are about £4 which is the same kind of city centre prices you'd pay anywhere really. Then there's student nights every week and places like cheapskates where drinks are 99p so yeah it's good! Obviously it being London you can get anything you'd ever need to always close by. x

Hey,
I'm also thinking about going to the North Lodge but haven't made up my mind yet about the room type, is the bed size the only difference between them?
Erm, it's ages since I spoke to them but it's a tiny bit bigger, and they're rooms where the building was slightly bigger on one side, usually in flats with a smaller amount of people, he said you were basically paying more to share with less people in your kitchen and if you're lucky it'll be a bigger room, or something along those lines! It's worth ringing Emily Bowes and the guy will explain it to you! Sorry, that was really unhelpful haha.
Reply 22
Hello there guys, I'm interested in going there as well, but are those halls or private flats?
Reply 23
Original post by andrespi
Are you booking in North lodge or emily bowes?

Hi I'm thinking of going to north lodge for September. Live in emily Bowes last year. It is a nice place to live but I think north lodge is better partly because it's newly built. The areas not bad but it's good if you go to London met
Hi,

My names Frankie, I work for UNITE (we run and manage North Lodge).

I’m here to give help and advice to TSR users about UNITE accommodation.

If anyone has any questions about North Lodge please feel free to drop me a message on here and hopefully I'll be able to help!

North Lodge is a brand new property, designed especially for students. We're really excited about opening and welcoming everyone in September!

Frankie
Guys, I'm thinking of applying the unite accommodation. But I'm still struglling on whether I should go with Emily Bowes OR North Lodge....it's just so difficult for me to decide...guys guys please help, give me some suggestion....please please...

it seems NL is new, but EB seems nicer, but there are some students said EB had hot water problem before, the staff said they already fixed it, but....not sure whether there will be some problem this year...

BTW, I'm going to UCL to do master this year, so this distance and price I think it quite good for me!
Original post by Jessica Wang
Guys, I'm thinking of applying the unite accommodation. But I'm still struglling on whether I should go with Emily Bowes OR North Lodge....it's just so difficult for me to decide...guys guys please help, give me some suggestion....please please...

it seems NL is new, but EB seems nicer, but there are some students said EB had hot water problem before, the staff said they already fixed it, but....not sure whether there will be some problem this year...

BTW, I'm going to UCL to do master this year, so this distance and price I think it quite good for me!

Hi Jessica Wang,

My name’s Frankie, I work for UNITE.

I'm here to give help and advice to TSR users about living with UNITE.

I noticed your post and thought a response might be helpful.

Emily Bowes Court and North Lodge have a lot of similarities, so its understandable you are struggling to choose between them, I’ve listed a few points below that might help you with your decision.

- Emily Bowes Court has a slightly bigger common room than North Lodge
- There is a Tesco express adjoined to Emily Bowes Court (Although it’s only a few buildings down from North Lodge!)
- There are fewer rooms in North Lodge than Emily Bowes Court.
- North Lodge is a brand new build (So 2012 students would be the first to live in it!)

If you’re able to get to Emily Bowes Court, you can book a room viewing there, and at the same time you can view a North Lodge sample room that’s been built within Emily Bowes Court, this might be a good way to compare the two.

With reference to the hot water issues at Emily Bowes Court last year; we’ve worked really hard to rectify the issues and we have new back-up systems in place, meaning Emily Bowes Court now has a very robust hot water supply

If you have any other questions, just drop me a message on here.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Reply 27
Hi guys, I am booking a flat there right now, should be somewhere on the 7th floor :smile: when are you guys moving there? Since my college starts on 1st October I thought to move to London in the second half of September.
Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation
Hi Jessica Wang,

My name’s Frankie, I work for UNITE.

I'm here to give help and advice to TSR users about living with UNITE.

I noticed your post and thought a response might be helpful.

Emily Bowes Court and North Lodge have a lot of similarities, so its understandable you are struggling to choose between them, I’ve listed a few points below that might help you with your decision.

- Emily Bowes Court has a slightly bigger common room than North Lodge
- There is a Tesco express adjoined to Emily Bowes Court (Although it’s only a few buildings down from North Lodge!)
- There are fewer rooms in North Lodge than Emily Bowes Court.
- North Lodge is a brand new build (So 2012 students would be the first to live in it!)

If you’re able to get to Emily Bowes Court, you can book a room viewing there, and at the same time you can view a North Lodge sample room that’s been built within Emily Bowes Court, this might be a good way to compare the two.

With reference to the hot water issues at Emily Bowes Court last year; we’ve worked really hard to rectify the issues and we have new back-up systems in place, meaning Emily Bowes Court now has a very robust hot water supply

If you have any other questions, just drop me a message on here.

I hope this helps,

Frankie

Thanks Frankie. It's very useful for me. I just decided to go with the Emily Bowes. Hope everything will be good.
Original post by sherryali86
Hey Jessica,im going to UCL as well. Want to get the same flat? Since you have to share with other students.

Hey, Nice to know you. Which course you will do in UCL? I'm not sure, but it is a 7 bed flat on 11th floor in Emily Bowes Court.
Original post by Jessica Wang
Thanks Frankie. It's very useful for me. I just decided to go with the Emily Bowes. Hope everything will be good.

Hi Jessica,

Great! Enjoy your stay at Emily Bowes. If you need any help you can always message me on here.

Thanks,

Frankie
Me and my friend both stayed at halls down the road last year (station court) and lots of my friends stayed at Emily Bowes court! It's a nice area and the halls are lovely we are staying at North Lodge this year in flat 202! Both studying fashion at london met!
Reply 32
hey guys I'm staying at North lodge as well, when are you moving there? My college starts on 1st October, so I thought I might go there some days before the starting and look for a job in London meanwhile... I should be in flat 701.
Reply 33
Does anyone know about the area or tottenham hale in general? I'll be staying in Emily Bowes as well and would like to know more about the place in terms of safety and entertainment. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 34
What flats are everyone staying in? normally theres facebook pages for this sort of thing but i cant find one lol
Reply 35
Hi!

I'm staying at flat 402, at North Lodge! I would really like to find my future flatmates :smile:
Reply 36
I'll be in flat 701, block B. Just posted all the documents this morning (:
Original post by hg3
What flats are everyone staying in? normally theres facebook pages for this sort of thing but i cant find one lol

this is a group for the social events i think https://www.facebook.com/groups/unite.northlondon/
I wish there was a facebook page! I'm in 307, though :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by FrancescaRoseGreen
I wish there was a facebook page! I'm in 307, though :smile:

We can create one! I'm in 701. What are you going to study? Can't wait to move to London (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending