The Student Room Group

Unite North Lodge

Scroll to see replies

Hi All,

Have you seen the UNITE student Facebook page? It's not exclusively for North Lodge but might be a good place to meet other students and keep updated in the run up to move in day!

http://www.facebook.com/UniteStudentAccommodation

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Im thinking of booking North Lodge, its just the long tenancy agreement that gets to me. Id just be paying during the times that im not living there like the holidays
Reply 42
Does anyone know if we are allowed to have a mini frigde in the room?

I will share the kitchen with 9 other girls, does anyone know if we get only one fridge? I'm afraid that won't be enough...
You should have two fridges (my friends lived at emily bowes last year), but you'll be allowed to keep a fridge in your room, you just plug them in so why not! We had two little fridges between 7 of us and it was plenty of space but yeah, the girls at emily bowes had two stand up tall fridge/freezers.
Reply 44
Original post by FrancescaRoseGreen
You should have two fridges (my friends lived at emily bowes last year), but you'll be allowed to keep a fridge in your room, you just plug them in so why not! We had two little fridges between 7 of us and it was plenty of space but yeah, the girls at emily bowes had two stand up tall fridge/freezers.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 45
I've booked a room in north lodge. Flat 604 so probably quite close to you! Have you made contact with many people yet?
Reply 46
Ooops! Posted that on the wrong thread!
Reply 47
...but still relevant.
Reply 48
We are meeting each others in the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/unite.northlondon/
Reply 49
Dear Frankie , i want to ask you , can we know our flatmates before booking , or i book then i know them , also i have another question regarding payment , i heared it is just 2 instalments , does this differ if i m a chevening scholarship winner and that i recieve a monthly allownace , so that can the instalments be spread on more than two instalments for north lodge or emily bowes court ??
Reply 50
Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation
Hi All,

Have you seen the UNITE student Facebook page? It's not exclusively for North Lodge but might be a good place to meet other students and keep updated in the run up to move in day!

http://www.facebook.com/UniteStudentAccommodation

I hope this helps,

Frankie

Dear Frankie , i want to ask you , can we know our flatmates before booking , or i book then i know them , also i have another question regarding payment , i heared it is just 2 instalments , does this differ if i m a chevening scholarship winner and that i recieve a monthly allownace , so that can the instalments be spread on more than two instalments for north lodge or emily bowes court ??
Reply 51
Hi guys

I was in accommodation at Emily Bowes (right next to North Lodge) provided by LOCOG and G4S as part of London 2012.
If you want any information about the area and the accommodation then please feel free to ask me.
Cheers

Jon
Reply 52
Original post by Lord Jon
Hi guys

I was in accommodation at Emily Bowes (right next to North Lodge) provided by LOCOG and G4S as part of London 2012.
If you want any information about the area and the accommodation then please feel free to ask me.
Cheers

Jon

hello, what are the pros and cons in your opinion of both north lodge and emily bowes?
Original post by MohamedAli

Hi MohamedAli,

We can’t give you their names and personal details for confidentiality reasons, but you can find the attributes and preferences (i.e. female or male, smoker or non-smoker) of your new flatmates by logging on to your Personal Homepage and clicking on the ‘My Flatmates’ link.

There are some other UNITE residents on our Facebook page discussing their room allocation, it might be useful to post a message on there; http://www.facebook.com/UniteStudentAccommodation

Domestic UK students can choose to pay in 1, 3 or 8 instalments. International students can choose to pay in 1 or 2 instalments. If you’d like to discuss your payment options then you can give us a call on 0800 783 4213 to talk to one of our advisors.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Im in flat 507 anyone close? :smile:
Reply 55
Hiya guys! :smile: I'm in flat 304 so if anyone is in my flat or near me then it would be great to meet you :smile: pm me on here and I'll add you all on facebook :smile::smile: xxxx
Reply 56
Hi MohamedAli,

We can’t give you their names and personal details for confidentiality reasons, but you can find the attributes and preferences (i.e. female or male, smoker or non-smoker) of your new flatmates by logging on to your Personal Homepage and clicking on the ‘My Flatmates’ link.

There are some other UNITE residents on our Facebook page discussing their room allocation, it might be useful to post a message on there; http://www.facebook.com/UniteStudentAccommodation

Domestic UK students can choose to pay in 1, 3 or 8 instalments. International students can choose to pay in 1 or 2 instalments. If you’d like to discuss your payment options then you can give us a call on 0800 783 4213 to talk to one of our advisors.

I hope this helps,

Frankie

Dear Frankie, i want to ask you , i want to book a room in north lodge , but i live abroad and i will come to London in the 16 of Sept. , but i see the contract starts on 7th of septmber , so does it differ i will arrive after the contract starts, the second question , if i am going to pay the rent in 2 instalments , do i have to pay the first instalment before i come on the 16 of septmber, as i see the first instalment is due in 3 of september, what if i plan to pay the first instalment in cash when i come to sign the contract in north lodge , and just to pay the deposit online now???
Dear Frankie, i want to ask you , i want to book a room in north lodge , but i live abroad and i will come to London in the 16 of Sept. , but i see the contract starts on 7th of septmber , so does it differ i will arrive after the contract starts, the second question , if i am going to pay the rent in 2 instalments , do i have to pay the first instalment before i come on the 16 of septmber, as i see the first instalment is due in 3 of september, what if i plan to pay the first instalment in cash when i come to sign the contract in north lodge , and just to pay the deposit online now???

Hi MohamedAli,

Thanks for your message.

The contract commences on the 7th so you can move in anytime from then, the date you chose to move in wont effect when the contract starts.

As the first instalment is due on the 3rd of September you would need to make sure we’ve received your payment by this date. You can do this over the phone with a credit or debit card, or you can make a payment online; just log on to your Personal Homepage and then click on the ‘My Statements’ link.

For your security we can’t accept cash payments to properties I’m afraid.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
Reply 58
Hi MohamedAli,

Thanks for your message.

The contract commences on the 7th so you can move in anytime from then, the date you chose to move in wont effect when the contract starts.

As the first instalment is due on the 3rd of September you would need to make sure we’ve received your payment by this date. You can do this over the phone with a credit or debit card, or you can make a payment online; just log on to your Personal Homepage and then click on the ‘My Statements’ link.

For your security we can’t accept cash payments to properties I’m afraid.

I hope this helps,

Frankie

Thank you so much Frankie , but if i booked the room, will i have to pay the first instalment no later than the 3rd of September, or there is a grace period for more days , or if i failed to pay them by the 3rd will i lose my booking ? and can rooms be booked after the 3rd of Septmber ?

i am sorry Frankie for my too many questions , but this is because it is my first time to study and live in the UK , and thank you again so much , u r really very helpful.

Mohamed Ali
Thank you so much Frankie , but if i booked the room, will i have to pay the first instalment no later than the 3rd of September, or there is a grace period for more days , or if i failed to pay them by the 3rd will i lose my booking ? and can rooms be booked after the 3rd of Septmber ?

i am sorry Frankie for my too many questions , but this is because it is my first time to study and live in the UK , and thank you again so much , u r really very helpful.

Mohamed Ali

Hi Mohamed Ali,

That’s okay; I’m here to answer questions!

If you book a room you’ll need to pay your deposit. You’ll then have 14 days to return the tenancy agreement to us.

Because the 3rd is now only a few days away it’s unlikely you’ll have signed and returned your tenancy agreement by the 3rd.

Therefore your first instalment will be due once we received your tenancy agreement.

As long as there is still availability, rooms can be booked after the 3rd, but keep in mind they are filling up fast.

I hope this helps.

Frankie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending