Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Makeup or No Makeup??

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So every day I wear eyeliner on the bottom, mascara, and lip gloss. I don't wear a ton of eyeliner. I've had a lot of people tell me it looks good. I have blue eyes and the eyeliner is a darkish blue so it complements my eyes. Anyway, I like my makeup, but before I wore it, I had a boyfriend. Now, with makeup, no guys like me. At all. I don't really feel comfortable without makeup, but a lot of my guy friends say that they think I'm prettier without it and most guys like girls without makeup. I don't know what to do - makeup or not? Does wearing makeup have anything to do with having a boyfriend or a guy like you??
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why make up should be the sole reason in you not having a boyfriend.
    Depends do you look like those girls on TOWIE when you have makeup on, if not then I don't see why natural looking make up will be a problem.

Have you gone out with no make on and got a boyfriend ever since your ex?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pictures please. Its hard to tell otherwise.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    I don't see why make up should be the sole reason in you not having a boyfriend.
    Depends do you look like those girls on TOWIE when you have makeup on, if not then I don't see why natural looking make up will be a problem.

Have you gone out with no make on and got a boyfriend ever since your ex?
    Some girls on TOWIE have boyfriends..every guy has different taste.

OP: wearing make should not be about attracting boys, it should be about how it makes you feel.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Make up will attract attention. But natural beauty will retain it. And mannerism will renew it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    From my experience guys don't know what they are talking about. The girls they like which wear 'no make up' probably wear a fair bit of 'natural' makeup. I know i never ever even got noticed or called pretty until i started wearing makeup. Im not insecure but i think makeup is what I needed to make myself think i was pretty perhaps giving me more confidence.
    Either way, a little makeup never hurts and no one will condemn you for it just make sure you find a look which suits you
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear loads of make-up, it took me 20 extra minutes before college each day to get it on and it wasn't doing my skin any good. My boyfriend convinced me that I don't need it and now I think I've worn minimal make up (powder, lipgloss, eyeshadow and mascara) three times since January. I feel better for it and so does my skin so I advocate no make-up, but why not find a happy medium? Work out what the bare minimum you feel comfortable in is and go with that for a few days, or try going without completely and, if that doesn't feel right, work your way up?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexieR928)
    So every day I wear eyeliner on the bottom, mascara, and lip gloss. I don't wear a ton of eyeliner. I've had a lot of people tell me it looks good. I have blue eyes and the eyeliner is a darkish blue so it complements my eyes. Anyway, I like my makeup, but before I wore it, I had a boyfriend. Now, with makeup, no guys like me. At all. I don't really feel comfortable without makeup, but a lot of my guy friends say that they think I'm prettier without it and most guys like girls without makeup. I don't know what to do - makeup or not? Does wearing makeup have anything to do with having a boyfriend or a guy like you??
    Sounds pretty, and there will be guys who think so too. Also, don't base your looks on what guys want, base them on what makes you feel good, you will have crap pulling power if you feel uncomfortable with how you look!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raex)
    From my experience guys don't know what they are talking about. The girls they like which wear 'no make up' probably wear a fair bit of 'natural' makeup.
    I agree, my boyfriend always says i look beautiful with no make up on and don't need it, but when i wear it and haven't told him he always compliments me saying i look good :P
    I think half the time if you do it well you can make it look natural and they don't know the difference XD
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexieR928)

Wearing make up should be for yourself and no one else, if you want to wear make up then wear it
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QTpie118)
    Some girls on TOWIE have boyfriends..every guy has different taste.

OP: wearing make should not be about attracting boys, it should be about how it makes you feel.
    True but that's because they see big boobs and think about sex most of the time.
    But it does annoy me when I watch Song Marry Avoid and the majority of the girls have boyfriends then the guy wants to change the girl to be natural looking. You think why did they get with the girl in the first place if she looked like that to begin with, seems like they want the girl to change into what they want so they won't get attention from other guys. Then a guy cheats on them with a girl that they used to look like before they went natural.:rolleyes:

And it's true what other posters say they see a "natural girl" But really she just has the right shade of foundation/powder for her skin tone and has experimented with make up that works for them, like the OP said about wearing blue eyeliner to highlight her eyes.
    But OP should wear make up for herself anyway not some guy.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    it depends how you feel comfortable, but I guess the less make-up you wear the better
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_Huong)
    Wearing make up should be for yourself and no one else, if you want to wear make up then wear it
    I completely agree. Before I wore makeup, I felt so uncomfortable and insecure. However, now I wear foundation and mascara and I am so much more confident.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alj123)
    I completely agree. Before I wore makeup, I felt so uncomfortable and insecure. However, now I wear foundation and mascara and I am so much more confident.

If it helps you be more confident then so be it. I don't mind being around close friends and family without make up on but I just feel more "myself" with it on.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_Huong)
    If it helps you be more confident then so be it. I don't mind being around close friends and family without make up on but I just feel more "myself" with it on.
    I'm exactly the same. I hate it when people say wearing make up is bad or 'tarty' because if you apply it well and choose the right products there is nothing wrong with it

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    --------------| You decide |--------------

Wearing makeup = Whore

Not wearing makeup = Natural human
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ WTF
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cura)

Wearing makeup = Whore

Ha, don't even comment if you're going to be mean.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's likely just coincidence rather than anything do with you wearing make-up.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cura)

Wearing makeup = Whore

What?! That is not true

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.