The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by superglow12
Everything happens for a reason, just think of it this way maybe those girls aren't good enough for you and that theres someone out there waiting to meet a guy like you.
If you keep looking down on yourself how do you expect a girl to like you for you?
And not all girls like guys that are really really goodlooking, i've heard this phrase 'if he can make me laugh then he can do anything' hopefully that helps.
Why would you want to take your life away for that reason? Aren't their other reasons to live?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E10i

total rubbish. Women and men go for partners who they are attracted to , to want to pass their genes. Someone ugly is shunned down upon, pathetic, ignored, and mistreated and looked at like a piece of ****.
Reply 41
Its not about looks.People have told me i am good looking yet i have never had a girlfriend.I think i have social anxiety and am insecure about the way i look.Its all about personality.
There is this really ugly guy that goes to my school.He has a mohawk, nose piercing and looks like a gremlin.He goes out with this beautiful girl she is even taller than him.There is no way she goes out with him because of the way he looks.I have come to a conclusion he either must be rich,have a great personality or a massive D***
I'm in the same boat too women hate me too
It's a good thing you posted this anonymously. Imagine if you hadn't been anonymous and someone recognised you in real life.

"Eww! I thought you were hot, but because you posted on the internet that you're as ugly as a jarful of smashed butts I now know I was mistaken! GROSS!"

Way to use that anonymous factor, man.

Original post by Anonymous

Typical story, 24, never had a girlfriend, never been on a date etc.

All my life girls have never been interested in me because of the way I look. I have never had a single girl flirt with me whatsoever even at uni. I have friends and I do go on nights out but still have never had a girl interested in me. I just feel invisible to girls. I have approached girls but it has never went well. They just look away in disgust or politely let me down. No girls wants to hang around with me either. Even as friends. I am confident, I be myself, I say what I like, I have a sense of humour, I am not an overly nice guy, I am polite, I have fun but still it doesn't seem to attract the girls. Maybe its because I'm not cool enough or handsome enough...

I just feel as though girls will always choose the good looking guys because they have the opportunity to pick and choose from the guys that approach them. A lot of girls these days just are too shallow (boys too). Even the ugly girls reject me and often get with the good looking guys (sometimes even when they know that these guys are just after sex).

I have a mate who is considered really good looking. He gets preferential treatment wherever he goes. I know its not his fault but it just sickens me the way these girls fall at his feet only because of his looks.

Sometimes I consider visiting prostitutes. Sometimes I consider taking my life. I try and focus my attention of doing other things rather than just thinking about girls but the loneliness just eats me up inside. Especially when it seems like every girl these days has a boyfriend/f buddy. I also hate seeing couples because that also eats me up inside.

I know there are people living worse lives than me in this world but it seems that in this country there are only a minority that are like me. Nearly everyone has had a relationship, had one night stands, go to parties, meet members of the opposite sex etc. but not me. I feel ostracised, shunned, laughed at...almost like a monster. Why does life have to be like this?
This was posted 6 years ago!? Wow! Where did you guys dig this up anyway?
Then change how you look.

1. Go to the gym, get a decent body
2. Wear stylish clothes that fit(this only really works once you’ve completed 1)
3. Get a good hairstyle
4. Wear spot concealers/light make up to even out your skin, if you have spots etc.
5. Be confident, and carry yourself in a way that shows it.(will come naturally from 1-4, but still work on it)

If you do all this, and I emphasise that number 1 is definitely most important, there is no chance that you will be unattractive. You may not be a supermodel, but with those 5 steps anyone can be at least relatively attractive.

We are biologically programmed to prefer good looking people. This is a biological fact, that you CANNOT and WILL NOT change. So you can either

1. Complain about how the game is

or

2. Play the game by its rules and do something about yourself

Which will you choose?
Original post by im so academic
I'm 0/10.

No. I'd bet good money that you're at least a 5, or possibly even a 6. Most women have no clue what men really find attractive.
Just don't wait. (That one day may very well never come!)
Anon/delete please

All my life girls have never been interested in me because of the way I look. I have never had a single girl flirt with me whatsoever even at uni. I have friends and I do go on nights out but still have never had a girl interested in me. I just feel invisible to girls. I have approached girls but it has never went well. They just look away in disgust or politely let me down. No girls wants to hang around with me either. Even as friends. I am confident, I be myself, I say what I like, I have a sense of humour, I am not an overly nice guy, I am polite, I have fun but still it doesn't seem to attract the girls. Maybe its because I'm not cool enough or handsome enough...

I just feel as though girls will always choose the good looking guys because they have the opportunity to pick and choose from the guys that approach them. A lot of girls these days just are too shallow (boys too). Even the ugly girls reject me and often get with the good looking guys (sometimes even when they know that these guys are just after sex).

I have a mate who is considered really good looking. He gets preferential treatment wherever he goes. I know its not his fault but it just sickens me the way these girls fall at his feet only because of his looks.

Sometimes I consider visiting prostitutes. Sometimes I consider taking my life. I try and focus my attention of doing other things rather than just thinking about girls but the loneliness just eats me up inside. Especially when it seems like every girl these days has a boyfriend/f buddy. I also hate seeing couples because that also eats me up inside.

I know there are people living worse lives than me in this world but it seems that in this country there are only a minority that are like me. Nearly everyone has had a relationship, had one night stands, go to parties, meet members of the opposite sex etc. but not me. I feel ostracised, shunned, laughed at...almost like a monster. Why does life have to be like this?

Well I'm a girl and to be honest, speaking from experience, I think it takes a bad experience to realise that loyaltyrespect/kindness trumps looks. My ex was ridiculously good looking but overly obsessive and jealous and constantly suspicious. Breaking up with him matured me and you know what? I'm actually not attracted to guys based on their looks anymore. I crush on guys that are really sweet and respectful.

I realise that not all girls are like this, but believe me, the right one will come. If she doesn't think this way, she's not worth having.

And for the record, you sound like a real catch :smile:
Reply 49
Anon/delete please

Brother you are chosen and highly favored Jesus loves you and had a purpose for your life bring your aniexty and burdens to god go strong in faith much love brother

Latest

Trending

Trending