The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B456 12 June?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm hoping there going to be what they usually are so around 45 for an A*. I have a feeling it'll be higher though
Why aren't there more than 4 trophic levels?
Original post by zangorou
I'm hoping there going to be what they usually are so around 45 for an A*. I have a feeling it'll be higher though

Do you know how many marks 100 ums usually is? I hope the A* boundary is lower than usual at around 41 marks.
Reply 43
Original post by QuantumSuicide
Do you know how many marks 100 ums usually is? I hope the A* boundary is lower than usual at around 41 marks.

I don't really understand ums marks, sorry :colondollar:

I think it'll be higher more than anything, everyone I spoke to said how easy it was, but I really don't know
I don't really understand ums marks, sorry :colondollar:

I think it'll be higher more than anything, everyone I spoke to said how easy it was, but I really don't know

Really? Most people I talked to said they found it difficult...
What did you write for the purpose of phosphorous? I wrote: for respiration and cell growth.
Reply 46
What did you write for the purpose of phosphorous? I wrote: for respiration and cell growth.

Phosphorus is especially important in root growth yes!
And used to make DNA :smile:
Original post by helloyou

Yes, mentioned DNA too.
Any other questions?
Reply 48
Really? Most people I talked to said they found it difficult...

Strange.. Well I though it was okay, I think it just paralleled to all the past papers so
Did you write "Joanna" as the person that needs the treatment?
Reply 50
What about the fish question? Differences to human circulatory system or something
What about the fish question? Differences to human circulatory system or something

I was happy when I saw that question. Difference = fish have a two-chambered heart and humans have four.
The question before that one asked you to explain what is meant by single circulatory system. I wrote that the blood passes through the heart once in a full circuit.
Reply 52
Yeah I wrote Joanna

I was happy when I saw that question. Difference = fish have a two-chambered heart and humans have four.
The question before that one asked you to explain what is meant by single circulatory system. I wrote that the blood passes through the heart once in a full circuit.

Yeah I wrote that for the first question, but I combined some other stuff with the second (can't remember what) as I thought they wouldn't ask you something that was written in the question...
What did the doctor suggest Barry to do according to the graph?
Why is there more risk as the age gets older?
And why should John (I think thats his name) brew the alcohol at 25 degrees?
Who was correct about 30 degrees being the best temperature? Explain why?
What about the vinegar question? I wrote it is too acidic and the microbes' enzymes denature...
What about the vinegar question? I wrote it is too acidic and the microbes' enzymes denature...

I wrote exactly the same thing, so we proablly got that one right. :smile:
Original post by chelseafan
I wrote exactly the same thing, so we proablly got that one right. :smile:

me too!
Reply 58
Original post by helloyou

Writing about root growth is right, HOWEVER,
Phosphates are for DNA and making cell membranes. I think they require you to name the basic things it does for the plant, just like nitrates is for making amino acids and proteins.

ALL of the minerals are for plant growth so just saying growth will probably be too vague. :s-smilie:
Did you write "Joanna" as the person that needs the treatment?

Everyone i talked to put 'joanna' so it must be right:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending