The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B456 12 June?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by QuantumSuicide
Did you write "Joanna" as the person that needs the treatment?

Yes! I wrote Joanna, that was the last option of all the women right?
Original post by mazena
Writing about root growth is right, HOWEVER,
Phosphates are for DNA and making cell membranes. I think they require you to name the basic things it does for the plant, just like nitrates is for making amino acids and proteins.

ALL of the minerals are for plant growth so just saying growth will probably be too vague. :s-smilie:

I agree! For that question I said it is needed for respiration and for making DNA and the cell membrane
Reply 62
Original post by zangorou
I'm hoping there going to be what they usually are so around 45 for an A*. I have a feeling it'll be higher though

I think it would be around 43-ish.
Reply 63
For the enzyme which cuts the gene in the genetic engineering, I put Restriction enzymes. Anyone got that too?
Also for the arrow pointing at the heart and told us to label part X, I put pulmonary artery?
what did you guys put for the second question on the last page? it was something like why plants can't grow in salty conditions or something like that, it was 3 marks
Original post by mazena
For the enzyme which cuts the gene in the genetic engineering, I put Restriction enzymes. Anyone got that too?
Also for the arrow pointing at the heart and told us to label part X, I put pulmonary artery?

I got restrictione enzyme for the last question however i got aorta for the heart one:s-smilie:
Reply 66
Original post by chocolate1996
what did you guys put for the second question on the last page? it was something like why plants can't grow in salty conditions or something like that, it was 3 marks

I wrote something about the salt sucking up the water making the plant short of water leading to being flaccid. Probably got that wrong because I guessed that one.
I got restrictione enzyme for the last question however i got aorta for the heart one:s-smilie:

I am 100% sure pulmonary artery is correct.
Original post by mazena
Yes! I wrote Joanna, that was the last option of all the women right?

Yes, the last woman (the one most to the right).
Reply 69
It was coming out of the right atrium and the aorta goes out from the left one, I guessed pulmonary artery. Anyone else got this?
I am 100% sure pulmonary artery is correct.

That's one mark gone...
Reply 71
Yes, the last woman (the one most to the right).

Yayy! I got this right!
Original post by mazena
It was coming out of the right atrium and the aorta goes out from the left one, I guessed pulmonary artery. Anyone else got this?

Me too :smile:. Had to draw a diagram to help my-self as I wasn't sure if it was aorta or pulmonary artery.
(edited 11 years ago)
That's one mark gone...

Unlucky. No worries, I lost 4 marks from the plastic bag question...
Initially, I may have got 3-4 marks but then after rechecking my answers I changed everything to the exact opposite. :angry:
Reply 74
Initially, I may have got 3-4 marks but then after rechecking my answers I changed everything to the exact opposite. :angry:

I lost around 14 marks (or less) Could I still got A*?
Original post by mazena
I lost around 14 marks (or less) Could I still got A*?

It's definitely going to be close. For the past papers the grade boundaries are always around 44 marks. The 2012 January paper was actually 46 marks for an A*. You've got a good chance.

I'm sure you did really well :smile: Don't worry :smile:
what was the answer to the genetic condition to do with the lung?

Cystic fibrosis.
Reply 78
Why aren't there more than 4 trophic levels?

So much energy is lost (90%+) at each trophic level that by the time it gets > 4 levels there is so little energy left anyway
Original post by helloyou
So much energy is lost (90%+) at each trophic level that by the time it gets > 4 levels there is so little energy left anyway

That's what I put!:smile: yes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending