The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B456 12 June?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helloyou
So much energy is lost (90%+) at each trophic level that by the time it gets > 4 levels there is so little energy left anyway

I wrote there is not enough energy to support more trophic levels.
Reply 81
Original post by chocolate1996
That's what I put!:smile: yes!

well done!
And the bacteria question...
The flagellum helps the bacterium to swim/move.
Difference between animal cell: bacteria do not have a proper nucleus.
Reply 83
I put asthma as the genetic lung condition.
I almost definitely won't get the mark because they WANTED us to put cystic fibrosis but very annoyingly asthma actually is genetic, gahhh. This is why I really dislike their tight mark schemes!
I almost definitely won't get the mark because they WANTED us to put cystic fibrosis but very annoyingly asthma actually is genetic, gahhh. This is why I really dislike their tight mark schemes!

omg same! i put asthma too

I believe asthma is an allergy...
Original post by QuantumSuicide
And the bacteria question...
The flagellum helps the bacterium to swim/move.
Difference between animal cell: bacteria do not have a proper nucleus.

that's what i got too
Reply 87
omg same! i put asthma too

AHH! They MIGHT give us the mark, but I don't know :frown: To be honest it's just a ridiculous mark scheme! I could have told them that it was a mixture of genetic and environmental factors etc, I knew it :frown:
Reply 88

I put tuberculosis :frown: I can't believe I was so dumb when the answer was in my head all along! Turns out tuberculosis is not genetic :frown:
AHH! They MIGHT give us the mark, but I don't know :frown: To be honest it's just a ridiculous mark scheme! I could have told them that it was a mixture of genetic and environmental factors etc, I knew it :frown:

I put asthma too, hopefully if enough people have put it they will allow it :smile:
Original post by robynelisabeth
i put asthma too, hopefully if enough people have put it they will allow it :smile:

i really want that mark!!!
Original post by robynelisabeth
I put asthma too, hopefully if enough people have put it they will allow it :smile:

Tbh I think you will have to have put cystic fibrosis to get the mark :s-smilie: Not too sure tho...
Tbh I think you will have to have put cystic fibrosis to get the mark :s-smilie: Not too sure tho...

I think you will get the mark for writing asthma. The mark scheme usually has an "allow" section where debatable answers are considered correct.
I think you will get the mark for writing asthma. The mark scheme usually has an "allow" section where debatable answers are considered correct.

I think we should, then again I would haha. its only one mark though luckily :smile:

Hopefully they will allow it :smile:
I don't think they'll let you have asthma, but they may, you never know. What did people get for the transpiratio/translocation one?
Reply 96
What did people write for the ladybird question?
About the green aphids and why they kept coming back? :confused:

If i got 100% in coursework and in B123 what do i have to get in this to get an A*? I dont think I did as well in this one. :s-smilie:
Original post by jo7777

If i got 100% in coursework and in B123 what do i have to get in this to get an A*? I dont think I did as well in this one. :s-smilie:

70 UMS. (100 + 100 + 70 = 270 UMS/300 UMS = 90% = A*). So you need 70 UMS in this exam or in other words a B.
Original post by gmseahorse
I don't think they'll let you have asthma, but they may, you never know. What did people get for the transpiratio/translocation one?

I said that translocation happens in the phloem instead of the xylem and that it was the transport of food :smile:
Original post by jo7777

I wrote the ladybird may be the wrong species.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending