The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Geography Unit 2 18 June?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sahajkaur
This is Geography A dude I presume everyone?

Yeah I know but there doesn't seem to be a thread aboyt Geography B yet:frown:
The grade boundaries should be pretty low I would imagine for Geograpghy A because they are extremely low for Geography B,on my january 2012 exam on coasts it was only 82% for full marks and the grade boundaries were higher than usual-i got fullmarks:colondollar:
Original post by Dalek1099
Yeah I know but there doesn't seem to be a thread aboyt Geography B yet:frown:
The grade boundaries should be pretty low I would imagine for Geograpghy A because they are extremely low for Geography B,on my january 2012 exam on coasts it was only 82% for full marks and the grade boundaries were higher than usual-i got fullmarks:colondollar:

Last year it was 68% raw marks to get an A*, hell yeah :biggrin: haha
Original post by RachDave
Im doing tourism, population change and development gap, anyone else find these quite confusing as their pretty much the same thing?!

Same topics :smile: I don't find them very similar, what is it you find confusing in them?

I'm quite confident for the exam. As long as you know case studies it's quite easy to ramble through the exam and still do well.

Any one have predictions of what may come up?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
yh it is Geography A
Reply 24
what case studies are people doing for tourism? struggling to get my head round all of them :frown:
Original post by sophieR
what case studies are people doing for tourism? struggling to get my head round all of them :frown:

Kenya ,lake district, Blackpool are what I have. If you have the revision guide, learn the ones in there, they're good.

Reply 26
thank you, but I seem to have too many. I've got Dubai, Blackpool,lake district, jamaica, Antarctica and Galapagos islands, are you meant to learn them all or just a few?
No, I think you should maximum learn about 4 and really know 3 case studies in details. In the exam paper, they only ask to use one case study to answer the question.
You can look at some past practice papers on the aqa geography A website if you're not sure how the questions are phrased.
They have case study questions and mark scheme answers !!

Good Luck Revisin !!!
Reply 28
Anyone have a case study about sustainable development? Or any examples of international aid and how it is used so that it is sustainable?
Reply 29
Original post by Crystallouise99
No, I think you should maximum learn about 4 and really know 3 case studies in details. In the exam paper, they only ask to use one case study to answer the question.
You can look at some past practice papers on the aqa geography A website if you're not sure how the questions are phrased.
They have case study questions and mark scheme answers !!

Good Luck Revisin !!!

thank you! same to you :smile:

and in reply to the sustainable development one, i'm not sure, but have you got the cgp revision book? it's got a lot of case studies for each topic in there
Reply 30
anybody doing maths next week? have a look at this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37951353&highlight=aqa foundation maths
Does the CGP revision guide help ??

Yeah it does, some of the case studies are good, but i've used most from school which are in the revision guide. :smile:
Ahh right thanx :smile:
Reply 34
How much detail is everyone learning for case studies?
And I'm doing really different topics to everyone else :s-smilie: urban environments, rural environments and globalisation

Yeah I find it really helpful, and most of our school notes were made from there so it has pretty much everything we need to know but put in a condensed way.

Reply 36
My case studies are:

Population:
China 1 child
Indonesian transmigration
Ageing population in France and UK

Urbanisation:
City Challenge -Hulme
London Congestion zone
Park and ride york
Glasgow
squatter settlement - Favella bairro in Roccinha
Sustainable- BedZed in London

Tourism:
UK-Blackpool
Mass- Kenya
Extreme- Antartics
Ecotourism - Galapagos

They are mostly from textbooks and various revision guides.
I have learnt just enough facts to regurgitate an answer for an 8 mark question and I'll probably make up some generalisations
Original post by panic king
How much detail is everyone learning for case studies?
And I'm doing really different topics to everyone else :s-smilie: urban environments, rural environments and globalisation

Do you get to choose your topics ??
What case studies are people learning for development gap?

And for 6/8 mark questions, is there a more for every point made or what?

Original post by tamil4
What case studies are people learning for development gap?

And for 6/8 mark questions, is there a more for every point made or what?

The less points you give using stats will allow you to develop your ont further therefore giving you 8 marks... The most successful candidates are those who use less stats but explain them further using geographical terminology :smile: also , a perfect answer is not needed for full marks ...I'm worried too cos it's hard to know what is acceptable to write etc... Gd luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending