(Original post by Harry Callahan)
I'm doing Changing Urban Environments; Globalisation and Tourism.
Here are all the case studies you need to know for the particular topics:
*A case study of China's policy since the 1990s and one of a non birth control population policy.
*A case study of the problems and strategies in one EU country with an ageing population.
Changing Urban Environments:
*A case study of a squatter settlement redevelopment.
*A case study of sustainable urban living.
Changing Rural Environments:
*A case study of a rural area in the UK to illustrate the
- Reasons for and consequences of rural depopulation and the decline in rural services in remote areas.
- The characteristics and factors significant to a declining village.
- Growth in the ownership of second homes.
*A case study of a commercial farming area in the UK to
illustrate the following points:
- The development of agri-businesses and the impact of modern farming practices on the environment.
- Demands from the market with reference to the demands of the supermarket chains and food processing firms.
- Competition from the global market.
- Development of organic farming.
- Government policies aimed at reducing the environmental effects of high impact farming.
The Development Gap:
*A case study of a natural hazard.
*A case study of one development project.
*A case study of one TNC.
*A case study of one type of renewable energy.
*A case study of either a UK National Park or a UK coastal resort. The reasons for its growth as a tourist destination. The effectiveness of strategies to cope with the impact of large numbers of tourists. Plans to ensure the continuing success of the tourism industry in the area.
*A case study of an established tropical tourist area which attracts large numbers of visitors.
*A case study of one extreme area and the extent to which it can cope with the development to a tourist industry.
*A case study of the ways that ecotourism can benefit the environment, the local economy and the lives of the people.