The Student Room Group

A2 students: how far are you into your revision?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by M4LLY
That, and the fact i have 2 jobs

Ouchhhh! That absolutely sucks. But I guess it's probably better focus on your studies? Sorry to be presumptuous, I don't know what your situation is so maybe a job's more important to you. Good luck though, and hope you can pull out the grades you need!

I'm pretty lucky in that the job I just got offered is irregular, pays a lot and I don't have to start until the holidays (plus no CV required). God, I made it sound like I'm going to be a prostitute for the Summer...
Reply 81
Original post by Chaofan88
Okay, so this is a tad late as many A2 exams have already started, but there are still are a fair few scattered over the next 2-3 weeks. What stage is everyone in their revision at this point?

I've got 5 exams and want A*A*A* and I am absolutely bricking it D: In terms of revision I'm planning past papers, know I should write them up but that takes so much time...

In summary: :afraid:
Original post by _becca
I've got 5 exams and want A*A*A* and I am absolutely bricking it D: In terms of revision I'm planning past papers, know I should write them up but that takes so much time...

:hugs:
Reply 83
Original post by _becca

Oh mannn, good luck :hugs: What subjects are you taking? It sounds like you're basically covered in terms of revision. What are your conditions (asuuming you've apllied this year!) ?

I've got 5 exams left and want A*A*A*A*A* in all of those exams, but idk we'll see. Join me in fear :afraid:
Reply 84
Oh mannn, good luck :hugs: What subjects are you taking? It sounds like you're basically covered in terms of revision. What are your conditions (asuuming you've apllied this year!) ?

I've got 5 exams left and want A*A*A*A*A* in all of those exams, but idk we'll see. Join me in fear :afraid:

I'm taking a gap year to reapply to Oxford for English, which is AAA but I've put quite a lot of pressure on myself to get A*s just because.. I can so I'd be underperforming if I didn't! I've got 2 Latin, 2 Economics and 1 English Lit. What about you? What are your conditions? :hugs:

Wow, good luck!! Haha. we should make a fear society (because that wouldn't be morbid and depressing at all..)
Reply 85
Original post by _becca
I'm taking a gap year to reapply to Oxford for English, which is AAA but I've put quite a lot of pressure on myself to get A*s just because.. I can so I'd be underperforming if I didn't! I've got 2 Latin, 2 Economics and 1 English Lit. What about you? What are your conditions? :hugs:

Wow, good luck!! Haha. we should make a fear society (because that wouldn't be morbid and depressing at all..)

Hahaa, not morbid or depressing at all :wink: Good to aim for what you can achieve as opposed to what you need to achieve. God, I think I would probably explode form happiness if I got A*A*A*A. And then I'd be dead so my results wouldn't matter anyway....

My conditions are A*AA in bio/chem (A* in either one and A in the other) and A in English lit for bioscience at Oxford. Really not too worried about an A in english lit as I need a C/D for an A (full marks in coursework). But everyone in my year did **** in the isas (the teachers didn't teach us anything and most other schools cheat in isas so grade boundaries are high) so I'm really scared about the A* in bio as I need basically 100% in both exams. Chem, I've only recently become decent at so I'm not hugely confident in gettign the A*.

Idk, if I don't get the grades I'll probably reapply to Oxford for English lit (:colone:) as I'm better at English and I really enjoy it. I don't know why I didn't apply in the first place....apparently I've been writing at undergraduate level since year 10/11 (I obviously haven't improved too much :wink: ) and my english teachers are definitely the most complimentary of me plus the comments on my cw were just ridicuous...idk

Did you apply to Ox this year?
Reply 86
Hahaa, not morbid or depressing at all :wink: Good to aim for what you can achieve as opposed to what you need to achieve. God, I think I would probably explode form happiness if I got A*A*A*A. And then I'd be dead so my results wouldn't matter anyway....

My conditions are A*AA in bio/chem (A* in either one and A in the other) and A in English lit for bioscience at Oxford. Really not too worried about an A in english lit as I need a C/D for an A (full marks in coursework). But everyone in my year did **** in the isas (the teachers didn't teach us anything and most other schools cheat in isas so grade boundaries are high) so I'm really scared about the A* in bio as I need basically 100% in both exams. Chem, I've only recently become decent at so I'm not hugely confident in gettign the A*.

Idk, if I don't get the grades I'll probably reapply to Oxford for English lit (:colone:) as I'm better at English and I really enjoy it. I don't know why I didn't apply in the first place....apparently I've been writing at undergraduate level since year 10/11 (I obviously haven't improved too much :wink: ) and my english teachers are definitely the most complimentary of me plus the comments on my cw were just ridicuous...idk

Did you apply to Ox this year?

Ooooh wow, which college?? :smile: well done for getting in though! That's fantastic, that must be quite the incentive to revise though? At least there's some flexibility in where your A* can be.

I've heard horror stories about the ISAs! hahaha, people are always saying how ridiculous they are. I don't do science subjects so I have noooo idea but it just seems like controlled coursework right? But really difficult to do well in.

If you apply for Eng Lit plz not Oriel lol, that's where I've chosen :P last year i applied to Worcester, got pooled to Hughs and rejected there which sucks. But it's been my dream since I've been very young so there's no way I'm gonna give up! If you do end up reapplying (and I hope you don't because that would mean not doing well on exams and I'm sure you'll do well) we can be English buddies yea? Sounds like youre a bit of an English don already! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by _becca
Ooooh wow, which college?? :smile: well done for getting in though! That's fantastic, that must be quite the incentive to revise though? At least there's some flexibility in where your A* can be.

I've heard horror stories about the ISAs! hahaha, people are always saying how ridiculous they are. I don't do science subjects so I have noooo idea but it just seems like controlled coursework right? But really difficult to do well in.

If you apply for Eng Lit plz not Oriel lol, that's where I've chosen :P last year i applied to Worcester, got pooled to Hughs and rejected there which sucks. But it's been my dream since I've been very young so there's no way I'm gonna give up! If you do end up reapplying (and I hope you don't because that would mean not doing well on exams and I'm sure you'll do well) we can be English buddies yea? Sounds like youre a bit of an English don already! :smile:

Keble (yayay, one of the big ones)! But it's an open offer so if I get the grades I'm guaranteed a place at Ox and Keble have underwritten my offer so if everywhere is full up they have to pay a fine to the government and let me in hahaaa

At least you got the interview though-english is really competitve (much more so than bio). Which is why I'm a little worried as if I reapply I need an aptitude test and my AS grades aren't the strongest even though they're good.

Oxford's always felt like home to me and my mum went there so I never really understood the hype about it being super elusive. I intitially didn't care too much but now I have the offer I've turned really obsessive about getting in :frown:

Jaaaa, english buddies 4 lyf! If I apply to Oriel I promise it would be for English and Oriental studies, not straight English. Haahaa, but idk where I'd apply...I think where you apply is pretty important though because it could determine whether you get the offer depending on strength of competition at that college that year, interviewers, the actual interviews etcetc

Could you possibly PM me about your English interviews or smth (I think we're hijacking my thread a bit :tongue:) Reapplying would be such a gambe for me though :s-smilie:
Reply 88
I haven't really started, and my final 2 exams are next week. I don't know what to do :frown: i'm currently at my mums house and it is a bad working environment, i find it impossible here. when i go to my dads i can but here i cant. think im going to fail cos i can sit there with a textbook and just can not work. i try and i try but i cant do it because of the environment. going to my dads on wednesday so will have to cram A LOT
Original post by Ravondo666
I haven't really started, and my final 2 exams are next week. I don't know what to do :frown: i'm currently at my mums house and it is a bad working environment, i find it impossible here. when i go to my dads i can but here i cant. think im going to fail cos i can sit there with a textbook and just can not work. i try and i try but i cant do it because of the environment. going to my dads on wednesday so will have to cram A LOT

I know exactly how you feel... + with the bank holidays, the libraries are closed therefore I cannot find a suitable working environment ! Also, I've yet to find motivation, and I've got two exams in a week. Brilliant.
Reply 90
Original post by AsLongAsYouPayMe
I know exactly how you feel... + with the bank holidays, the libraries are closed therefore I cannot find a suitable working environment ! Also, I've yet to find motivation, and I've got two exams in a week. Brilliant.

i genuinely think i'm going to fail :/ i cant blame it all on the environment, but i can easily get 3 or 4 hours work done at my dads. today i told myself i would go work at 2 o clock, it was 6 before i'd started and by half 6 i'd got distracted. I basically have an entire history course to learn in a week! D:
Utter ****, mental breakdown every morning from the panic of realising that my next exam in on monday next week and with still chapters I've yet to cover, I know its all MY FAULT though for leaving things so late, regret and remorse are just about the worse feelings to have :sad:
Reply 92
Trying to study right now for the US Politics Unit4 exam and Unit3 retake. Pretty much exploding right now, can't focus on anything, haven't been able to a while. Really worried.
I know I have to calm down to focus but it's easier said than done....
Reply 93
Hahaa, thanks! Well, it's beter than thinking you aced the exam and ending up with an E (which essentially happened to most of my class :s-smilie: ) Put your mind to the noble cause of revision and I'm sure you'll be fine :wink: How many exams do you have left?

I haven't had any yet actually. I have 5 overall but only started my revision on friday. Thing is chemistry is on the 14th, core 4 on the 15th and biology on the 15th, lots of people i know have complained about it being like that. Then S2 the week after along with my resit. How about you?
Reply 94
Original post by ao_mango
I haven't had any yet actually. I have 5 overall but only started my revision on friday. Thing is chemistry is on the 14th, core 4 on the 15th and biology on the 15th, lots of people i know have complained about it being like that. Then S2 the week after along with my resit. How about you?

Ahhh fair enough. Exams are so anticlimatic- you work so hard for them and then they're over in an hour.

Good luck (again!) At least you have a week to S2 though. I've also got 5 exams and they're on the 13th, 15th, 19th, 20th, 22nd so it's a bit annoying but oh well!

I've been revising for a fair while, I can't lie. But then I'm aiming for A* in all 5 of those exams so I need to really pull everything together!!
Trying to finish all the past papers now

Oh god this is so dull..

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by fuzzybear
Utter ****, mental breakdown every morning from the panic of realising that my next exam in on monday next week and with still chapters I've yet to cover, I know its all MY FAULT though for leaving things so late, regret and remorse are just about the worse feelings to have :sad:

Nononon, panicking is the worst (I'm one to talk). you can't change how much time you have left so just focus on putting what time you have left to focus :smile: Just make sure you understand things and try out some questions at some point before the exam :hugs:

Original post by Takoto
Trying to study right now for the US Politics Unit4 exam and Unit3 retake. Pretty much exploding right now, can't focus on anything, haven't been able to a while. Really worried.
I know I have to calm down to focus but it's easier said than done....

Hahahaa, I was actually up till 4 am revising last night because I was so unproductive during the day. 5 hours sleep to power through revision today. Woo. May take a power nap tonight- I was invited out, but that's not going to happen. I'm basically boycotting drinking/going out too much until the exams are over. Then I can go out loads yeahhhh! Look at it this way: at least one of them is a retake so you've already somewhat learned/have seen the knowledge at some point, you just need to get better accquainted with it.

Original post by Ravondo666
i genuinely think i'm going to fail :/ i cant blame it all on the environment, but i can easily get 3 or 4 hours work done at my dads. today i told myself i would go work at 2 o clock, it was 6 before i'd started and by half 6 i'd got distracted. I basically have an entire history course to learn in a week! D:

:hugs: Is there not even a fairly quiet coffee shop or something where you live? I might have suggested outside but the weather's horrendous! I procrastinate so much too, it's terrible :frown: Good luck!
Reply 97
I've been hibernating in revision mode for a while now as I had several AS resits.
Just Physics 4&5 and Core 3&4 to go now...so just the hardest 4 exams left (for me anyway)
I need AB in Maths and Physics and it doesn't look likely considering how hard the Decision 1 (OCR) paper was!
I would make this post longer, but I should probably revise.
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
Trying to finish all the past papers now

Oh god this is so dull..

Good luck everyone :smile:

Indeed it is. I find past papers are actually the most interesting. Consolidating knowledge can be the most boring....

Original post by Plutonium
I've been hibernating in revision mode for a while now as I had several AS resits.
Just Physics 4&5 and Core 3&4 to go now...so just the hardest 4 exams left (for me anyway)
I need AB in Maths and Physics and it doesn't look likely considering how hard the Decision 1 (OCR) paper was!
I would make this post longer, but I should probably revise.
Good luck everyone! :smile:

Hahaa same, I haven't seen my social life in a while. I shall go crazy this Summer.
Definitely got my hardest exams coming up too :s-smilie: Good luck, I'm sure you can make it!
I like procrastinating on the student room as the word 'student' makes me feel like I'm doing something affiliated with studying. Alas, it is all but true.
Reply 99
Ouchhhh! That absolutely sucks. But I guess it's probably better focus on your studies? Sorry to be presumptuous, I don't know what your situation is so maybe a job's more important to you. Good luck though, and hope you can pull out the grades you need!

I'm pretty lucky in that the job I just got offered is irregular, pays a lot and I don't have to start until the holidays (plus no CV required). God, I made it sound like I'm going to be a prostitute for the Summer...

Not going uni so i'm not terribly fussed tbh. One jobs a greenkeeping/barman job at a local golf course and the others working for my dads agricultural firm. Tbh i never liked a levels as, while i'm smart, i hate applying what i know academically if you what i mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending