The Student Room Group

Do banks know you've graduated?

Hi there,

Pretty new to TSR and just wondering whether banks find out if you have graduated/ are due to graduate etc just i recieved a letter this morning from a bank saying congratulations on graduating when i have not had confirmation from my university yet.

May be a bit paranoid but i guess it makes the waiting for confirmation from university easier to bare if i know that i have graduated etc.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Probably an Assumption. They're assuming you have passed or better and they know you're in the last year of university. I doubt they actually know.
Reply 2
I thought it might be that but i just remember that when i applied to university UCAS told the banks whether i was going to uni or not i.e so im guessing that they might in order for them to work out graudate account etc.
Original post by mickiship2012
Hi there,

Pretty new to TSR and just wondering whether banks find out if you have graduated/ are due to graduate etc just i recieved a letter this morning from a bank saying congratulations on graduating when i have not had confirmation from my university yet.

May be a bit paranoid but i guess it makes the waiting for confirmation from university easier to bare if i know that i have graduated etc.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

When you apply for a student account they ask you when you are due to finish your course. As it leads up to you finishing university they send you a warning that your student account will change to a graduate account. Then when the date passes that you have said you will be leaving university they transfer your account to a graduate account.

They do not know whether you have actually graduated or not.
I was meant to finish this year but will not graduate till 2021 now, do I need to let my bank know this? And asap ?

Latest

Trending

Trending