The Student Room Group

I'm 5 foot 3.5 and I'm an 18 year old guy =/

Scroll to see replies

I know your pain. I'm 20, and i'm 5'4". On top of that i have an extremely young looking face, so everyone finds it hard to believe i'm actually older than 15 :frown:
Original post by TimKisFreitas
This is true, 18 and 6'4" now, was 6'2" when I turned 17... And like 5'11" at 16...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

My dad's 6ft 5. He's always complained that it's a 5ft 8in world.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
My dad's 6ft 5. He's always complained that it's a 5ft 8in world.

Oh it definitely is, at least a 5'8 country, clothes shopping is a challenge. They think you get to 6' and start getting fatter, everything just gets wider past L instead of longer too... My one fitting t-shirt is from Texas

OP, all the more reason why being 5'4" isn't terrible... Think about it, how much easier is it to talk to girls at clubs for example? Not having to bend over just to hear them...
(edited 11 years ago)
drink milk, and eat healthily.
my brother used to be short but in the last year he's gotten 5 inches taller.
Reply 64
Awe Hun, I'm a girl and 18 and I'm just 5ft1...
I know how you feel, hobbit like isn't it ...
Well don't worry someday you will find someone who will love you just the way you are :smile:
For example I haven't yet but I know I will, even now as all my friends are BFGs (big friendly giants) take the mick out of my height, calling me 'frodo', 'smurfy' and a m&m (mighty midget) ! :wink:
But you must know that size doesn't matter, it's what on the inside (personality not guts) that counts... :biggrin: xx
Reply 65
Original post by Flyteryder
Is there any way at all I can become taller? Everyone is so much taller than me and it makes me feel really self concious.

Just find a small chick, everyone is self conscious about something
Original post by TimKisFreitas
Oh it definitely is, at least a 5'8 country, clothes shopping is a challenge. They think you get to 6' and start getting fatter, everything just gets wider past L instead of longer too... My one fitting t-shirt is from Texas

My dad (he's 83) has had a lifetime of being hard pressed to find clothes to fit. When a branch of High and Mighty (they might not exist any more, but you can get the idea, I'm sure) opened where I live, he came over, very excited, expecting to fill his wardrobe with exciting off-the-peg clothes for the first time, only to discover he wasn't quite high enough or mighty enough for any of them. His disappointment was awful to watch.
Reply 68
My ex boyfriend is5'2... Then again, I'm 4'9 :lol:

but yeah, short guys are awesome so relax :colonhash:
Reply 69
Original post by Flyteryder
Is there any way at all I can become taller? Everyone is so much taller than me and it makes me feel really self concious.

I'm 5'9" and even that's not tall enough, I feel sorry for you mate.
I'm 6 foot 3 and I'm a 16 year old guy. My purpose in life is to make you feel worse about yours.
Reply 71
Really........ It's only a problem if you let it be one. I have a friend who is over 6'2 and always complains about his height.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
Are your parents small?
Date Asian women. They're approximately 5'1-2 on average.

I expect reps for this top-drawer advice in twenty-four hours or less.
BTW, OP, if you happen to know how tall you were at the age of 2 years and 9 months, you can work out what your final height is likely to be, since males are usually half their eventual height at that age. It's 2 years and six months for girls. It worked for my kids. (5' 11" and 6', measured by their grandmother every 6 months from birth.... She wanted to know if they were going to end up as big as their granddad. They didn't.)
Original post by carnationlilyrose
BTW, OP, if you happen to know how tall you were at the age of 2 years and 9 months, you can work out what your final height is likely to be, since males are usually half their eventual height at that age. It's 2 years and six months for girls. It worked for my kids. (5' 11" and 6', measured by their grandmother every 6 months from birth.... She wanted to know if they were going to end up as big as their granddad. They didn't.)

:O that's worrying... I was 1.05m... i.e. 3'6"... 7' just sounds frightening and rather unlikely...
(edited 11 years ago)
I'll stop now, I don't imagine I'm doing the OP any favours... Sorry guys 😨
hang from chin up bars and use growth tablets, oh and milk helps too
I heard there is growth pills that can actually make you taller, but not sure how much it's expensive some country have it.
Reply 79
I have a friend who is 17 and because he is 5"2 he takes growth hormones. You could look into that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest