Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stressed

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, well I think I have a personal or a common problem, am not sure. Basically whenever a person or I do something or say something, I imagine whatever was said in it's extreme form and even though I would never ever do it but as soon as I imagine it, my head automatically turns to point the finger and just because I imagined it, then my mind accuses me because of the fact that I allowed myself to imagine this, also accusing me of enjoying it and just by imagining it, it means I will go and play out this act even though I am sure that I never will. Tired of these accusations...it makes me feel proper crap and anxious and stressed:mad::mad::mad:.Example would be like once I saw a police car, and thought of them arresting someone, my mind made it out like it would be me just because I imagined it and I would for sure do something which will get me caught. All of this just by looking at the car.

I will appreciate serious answers, because it might sound weird and that but put yourself in my shoes, the agony to go through this is unbelievable.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this sounds like it makes life awkward, I hope you're okay!
    Have you ever considered seeing a psychiatrist? I think they could help you.
    I think I understand what you mean, but I think you need to find some way of convincing yourself that it's silly and that it's not going to happen, and I think a professional would be really useful to you in this.
    If not, I suggest talking to a friend/relative/anyone about it every time you feel like this, so that they could help you realise that the thoughts are irrational.
    I hope you can work past this

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.