The Student Room Group

Working at Primark - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Apricotapricity
Hey guys I really need your help, is there a limit to the number of days that I can call in sick? Because I've already called in sick twice

You can find the answer in the staff handbook. This depends on your contracted hours, so I can't really tell you how many days you can call in sick without getting any shtick from them.
Reply 241
can you book off holidays?
HELPPPP!!!
I'm filling out an application online and have no idea what to write in each of these categories:
1. University or educational institution
2. subject/area of study
3. qualification

The only qualifications I have are GCSEs and AS levels
the application only gives a maximum of three entries... what would I write then??
sorry if this is a dumb question- its my first job application!
Original post by Nadia_arif
HELPPPP!!!
I'm filling out an application online and have no idea what to write in each of these categories:
1. University or educational institution
2. subject/area of study
3. qualification

The only qualifications I have are GCSEs and AS levels
the application only gives a maximum of three entries... what would I write then??
sorry if this is a dumb question- its my first job application!

AS grades, use the subjects you want to carry on to A2/got a higher grade in.

Generally when filling out job applications you put your best qualifications there, so as AS are more advanced than GCSE you should put those.
Reply 244
Hi there! I have a few questions I would love to ask you. I am from the Czech Republic and I had this idea I could try to find a summer job in the UK, Primark would be perfect. Do you think it is possible? Would it be a problem if I could not come to a job interview? Or not sooner than a day or two before the job would have started? I am a 21 old girl studying university with experience in chain store in clothing. My English is pretty good, I hope. Another thing that came to my mind: could the salaries be sent to a foreign bank account? And what about the taxes? Does anyone have an experience with that? Thank you very much for your replies! :smile:
Reply 245
Would they employ someone who is 15 years old and is turning 16 in a few months ?
Can anyone help?!

I had an interview at my local Primark a month or so ago and the interviewer said i'd passed and that i'd be placed on a waiting list for when an induction was available. I waited and the week after the interview, they phoned me to ask if I could come in for an induction. I wasn't able to attend on that date, unfortunately but does that mean i'm still on the waiting list or have they forgotten about me?
I need some advice on what to do next. Should I phone the store and ask what's happening? - who do I ask for? (the number just sends me through to customer services)
Original post by Ronhaar
Can anyone help?!

I had an interview at my local Primark a month or so ago and the interviewer said i'd passed and that i'd be placed on a waiting list for when an induction was available. I waited and the week after the interview, they phoned me to ask if I could come in for an induction. I wasn't able to attend on that date, unfortunately but does that mean i'm still on the waiting list or have they forgotten about me?
I need some advice on what to do next. Should I phone the store and ask what's happening? - who do I ask for? (the number just sends me through to customer services)

That Happened to me about 7 weeks after my interview I got asked to go to an induction and wasn't able to attend so I was put back on the waiting list and about a week or 2 later I got a phone call asking to come for another induction that I was able to attend. If your worried ring up the store and when you get to customer services just state that your ringing up to ask about your application then when they put you through to hr they should be able to explain whats going on. Hope this helps.
For a weekend retail assistant role are you *Supposed* to work on Sunday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NellyMelly
For a weekend retail assistant role are you *Supposed* to work on Sunday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on what contract you're offered, the primark I'm at does all sorts of weird ones ranging from just 4 hours one day to working a full day Saturday and Sunday.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Original post by SeanWilliams92
I also work at Primark, so if there are any questions I'll get back to you ASAP

How long after submitting the application form do they respond back?
What is the typical day at like at Primark? What would you be doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
in the Primark warehouse
you push clothes and carry boxes

have always wanted to work at the retail version, only put off is the **** pay
Anxiously waiting for a reply😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been 11 days since my interview & the lady said she would get back to me in 7-10 days :'(
Is that a sign I haven't got it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NellyMelly
It's been 11 days since my interview & the lady said she would get back to me in 7-10 days :'(
Is that a sign I haven't got it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not necessary, they may also be trying to find you a shift that fits your availability.
Anyone that has had the induction did you have any problems with the on-boarding tasks? Keeps saying error for me
Hi there,

I'm a student and working at Primark in Germany.
I'd like to ask a situation.
If you couldn't go to work because there is an exam/important events/etc. from your university, would Primark allow you not to go to work?
Original post by sarvatongfang
Hi there,

I'm a student and working at Primark in Germany.
I'd like to ask a situation.
If you couldn't go to work because there is an exam/important events/etc. from your university, would Primark allow you not to go to work?

You would have to talk to the store manager but most times probably they would.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Can I just go in and ask if they have any Christmas temp jobs available?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending