The Student Room Group

Working at Primark - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ntobekos
Just do overtime whenever. For me I just ring up and ask for over time as I;m contracted 8 hours a week. I sometimes end up working 4 hours on Sundays and sometimes on my days off college during the week.

Im asking if my payday is 27th and i work the same week for example a sunday. Will my pay count towards tge 27th or the next months pay
Hi I've been auto-rostered for a day which I can't do. I did say on my induction that i am not available during that time but everyone has been auto rostered for that. I asked my supervisor what I should do about it and she told me to write a letter to one of the managers but I have no idea what to put in it. Need to give the letter in tomorrow. Can anyone help please?
Reply 302
Hi, I have an interview at Primark tomorrow and was wondering what kind of questions I will be asked?
Hi guys

I had an interview with Primark for their new store opening in Fort 2 days ago.

Im really anxious and i really need this job
it was a part time position (weekends only)

I wanted to know how soon would they reject people after an interview if their application was unsuccessful
Original post by AthiaKarim
Hi guys

I had an interview with Primark for their new store opening in Fort 2 days ago.

Im really anxious and i really need this job
it was a part time position (weekends only)

I wanted to know how soon would they reject people after an interview if their application was unsuccessful

Since your store is brand new, I would say give it 2 weeks because of the amount of applicants they must have. Good luck :smile:
Original post by xgabrielc
Since your store is brand new, I would say give it 2 weeks because of the amount of applicants they must have. Good luck :smile:

thats so long lmao!!
but generally do they send out rejections first?
and thank you
thats so long lmao!!
but generally do they send out rejections first?
and thank you

They're more likely to hire first then reject the rest. In my instance, I was telephoned 3 hours after my interview to hire me.
They're more likely to hire first then reject the rest. In my instance, I was telephoned 3 hours after my interview to hire me.

oh wow...that was so quick!

omg i do hope they get back to me soon
Reply 308
i have got 8 hours contract, pay rate is £6.30 and all together i have been working 56 hours. the payment i got was £110. I'm supposed to get more, please tell me if im wrong .

They just emailed me today saying I have got the job! Woo
Reply 310
They just emailed me today saying I have got the job! Woo

Congratulations! :smile:

Is it the new Edinburgh store you'll be working at?
Reply 311
Original post by fahiima
i have got 8 hours contract, pay rate is £6.30 and all together i have been working 56 hours. the payment i got was £110. I'm supposed to get more, please tell me if im wrong .

Hmm... that does seem a little low.

Don't forget that you are not paid for any breaks and so that could be a factor if you have not taken this into account when carrying out any calculations.

However, I wouldn't have thought that the issue of breaks would result in anywhere near such a dramatic drop considering £6.30 x 56 = £352.80.

Double check your calculations for how much you believe you should have received and if the problem persists approach Management/HR at your store.

This is all based upon the assumption that you have worked 56 hours in one month and that the £110 was one month's salary; however, you do not make this perfectly clear in your question.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by ROC10
Congratulations! :smile:

Is it the new Edinburgh store you'll be working at?

Thank you!! :h: and no, its the Birmingham Fort!
Reply 313
Original post by ROC10
Hmm... that does seem a little low.

Don't forget that you are not paid for any breaks and so that could be a factor if you have not taken this into account when carrying out any calculations.

However, I wouldn't have thought that the issue of breaks would result in anywhere near such a dramatic drop considering £6.30 x 56 = £352.80.

Double check your calculations for how much you believe you should have received and if the problem persists approach Management/HR at your store.

This is all based upon the assumption that you have worked 56 hours in one month and that the £110 was one month's salary; however, you do not make this perfectly clear in your question.

Hope this helps. :smile:

i cannot take break as i am doing 4 hours on saturday and 4 hours on sunday
Reply 314
Thank you!! :h: and no, its the Birmingham Fort!

No problem :smile:

When do you start?
Original post by ROC10
No problem :smile:

When do you start?

Next year Spring! Induction is in January

The new store hasn't opened yet but I'm so excited
Reply 316
Cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I started in my store in September and have been working on tills. It's demanding but, when it's busy, you're never bored, especially at this time of the year!
Original post by ROC10
Cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I started in my store in September and have been working on tills. It's demanding but, when it's busy, you're never bored, especially at this time of the year!

Ooh which store? I heard being on tills is the best haha

How many hours do you work? Do you get any breaks
Reply 318
Ooh which store? I heard being on tills is the best haha

How many hours do you work? Do you get any breaks

It's Livingston (just outside Edinburgh) and yes, I do like tills. I don't think I could do a full shift just working on the shop floor tidying up etc. :eek:

I work weekends so I always work both Saturday and Sunday. As part of my weekend contract, I could be given one late night shift per week (either on a Thursday or Friday night), however, I don't really seem to get any of these and have only had one since I started so it's not always required.

The hours per day vary but are usually between 4 (minimum) and 6 for me on tills; however, some people who are not tillers often seem to get very long shifts (sometimes around 10 hours). As for breaks, it depends on how long your shift is. You won't get a break for a four shift. At five hours, you get 15 minutes, and then at six hours, you get 30 minutes, and these continue to increase if your shift is longer. The downside is that breaks are unpaid.
Original post by ROC10
It's Livingston (just outside Edinburgh) and yes, I do like tills. I don't think I could do a full shift just working on the shop floor tidying up etc. :eek:

I work weekends so I always work both Saturday and Sunday. As part of my weekend contract, I could be given one late night shift per week (either on a Thursday or Friday night), however, I don't really seem to get any of these and have only had one since I started so it's not always required.

The hours per day vary but are usually between 4 (minimum) and 6 for me on tills; however, some people who are not tillers often seem to get very long shifts (sometimes around 10 hours). As for breaks, it depends on how long your shift is. You won't get a break for a four shift. At five hours, you get 15 minutes, and then at six hours, you get 30 minutes, and these continue to increase if your shift is longer. The downside is that breaks are unpaid.

That's the same as my contract.
I've been given 8 hours in total and will only be working on Saturday and Sunday
I got upset because I wouldn't mind working more hours
I wish I could be on the tills, it sounds like so much fun but they've put me in the fitting rooms :frown:
Any idea how the work is like? What I'd be doing? It's not gunna be fun right :frown: ...

Quick Reply

Latest