The Student Room Group

Working at Primark - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi guys, I recently started at primark and it's my first job. I am finding it ok so far except the fact that the managers talk so fast and unclearly when giving instruction :/ this may sound abit silly but can someone tell me what they mean when they say do a till pickup?? Does it mean tidying fom behind the tills or from the area where they have wrapping paper and accessories for the queue?? Please get back to me ASAP
Reply 41
Original post by 1508
Hi guys, I recently started at primark and it's my first job. I am finding it ok so far except the fact that the managers talk so fast and unclearly when giving instruction :/ this may sound abit silly but can someone tell me what they mean when they say do a till pickup?? Does it mean tidying fom behind the tills or from the area where they have wrapping paper and accessories for the queue?? Please get back to me ASAP

Pick up everything behind the tills, there are some stuff that customers dont want and you leave it behind the till so they probably mean pick up the stuff from the tills.
Reply 42
Hi, I work at Primark for four hours each Sunday.

I was wondering what the procedure is for getting a shift off/holiday etc as i may need one Sunday off in 3 weeks time as I could be going away for half term. I am aware there is a sheet to fill in to request holiday but I'm not sure whether this is necessary.

So basically, what should I do and is 3 weeks too short notice?

Reply 43
Original post by tom689
Hi, I work at Primark for four hours each Sunday.

I was wondering what the procedure is for getting a shift off/holiday etc as i may need one Sunday off in 3 weeks time as I could be going away for half term. I am aware there is a sheet to fill in to request holiday but I'm not sure whether this is necessary.

So basically, what should I do and is 3 weeks too short notice?

hi at the Primark I work in they ask for two weeks notice , so 3 weeks isn't short notice at all and the holiday form is necessary if you want to be paid while on holiday if your holiday is approved you get paid for that day , I'm currently on holiday right now :biggrin: , or you could call in sick and get no pay so its better to do the form
(edited 11 years ago)
Can anyone tell me about what happens in the 5-week review thing please?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 45
Hello, I have a question regarding the interviews at Primark. What kind of questions do they ask you? Are they all the same for each interview or a bit different?
Reply 46
Hi i have just recently started working at primark. I have been put on department 2 which is hoisery eg womens socks and tights... What other things comes under department 2 (hoisery) and as soon as i clock in what am i meant to do.. Am i meant to go two the deoartment i work in amd just fix all the stock eg pickups?
Thnks
Reply 47
Original post by jay74
Hi i have just recently started working at primark. I have been put on department 2 which is hoisery eg womens socks and tights... What other things comes under department 2 (hoisery) and as soon as i clock in what am i meant to do.. Am i meant to go two the deoartment i work in amd just fix all the stock eg pickups?
Thnks

Yes you go to your department, and find your supervisor say hello and ask what to do, if no ones there do some recovery. If its the morning you'd go to the stock find the stock for your department, bring them down and put them out. Basically ask your supervisor once, and whatever they say, do that every time.
Reply 48
Original post by I'll.Be.Back

Same as the other one I heard
Reply 49
Original post by Memo100
Yes you go to your department, and find your supervisor say hello and ask what to do, if no ones there do some recovery. If its the morning you'd go to the stock find the stock for your department, bring them down and put them out. Basically ask your supervisor once, and whatever they say, do that every time.

Thank you for the information really appriciate it.
By the way whats recovery?
Reply 50
And when am i meant to take my break if i start a shift at 6 and finish at 11, what time do i take my fifteen minute break?
Original post by jay74
And when am i meant to take my break if i start a shift at 6 and finish at 11, what time do i take my fifteen minute break?

They tell you when you come in. All breaks and lunches are written down on the rosters at the tillbanks. There is either a manager or a supervisor who will tell you what they want you to do and when your break is. Do NOT just walk off the floor for one or something.

Dept 2 might include health and beauty if your store has one.
Reply 52
Original post by jay74
Thank you for the information really appriciate it.
By the way whats recovery?

pick ups like you said, some people call it recovery
Original post by I'll.Be.Back

they just ask you questions like do you like your department, what training have you had, what training do you need etc etc
i didn't have my 5 week or 10 week until like 3 months after i had started so it musnt be that important.
Hi I've been working at Primark for 3 years and I'm thinking of resigning, how many weeks or months notice do I need to give?
Original post by Boreism
Hi I've been working at Primark for 3 years and I'm thinking of resigning, how many weeks or months notice do I need to give?

it should tell you in your handbook
i think the longer you've worked there the more notice you need to give, i think its about 3 weeks notice, i'm not sure though :smile:
Reply 56
hi, i got my fist shift at customer service tommorow, how is it wkrking thier and what are the duties also whatbis the primark return policy?
Original post by jay74
hi, i got my fist shift at customer service tommorow, how is it wkrking thier and what are the duties also whatbis the primark return policy?

Duties would be

- Answering phone
- Paging staff/managers
- Refunds
- Exchanges
- VAT refund processing for non-EU customers

The return policy is 28 days, unworn with tags and receipt. There is a relaxing of both the time period and the need to have a receipt over Christmas so you need to find out exactly what the story is there. Penneys (Primark in ROI) will not allow exchanges without a receipt but can't speak for Primark. No briefs, no swimwear or underwear without hygiene seals, no earrings, no half of a set- must be full outfit etc. You should probably ask a supervisor about badly packaged sheets/shirts etc- that can vary from store to store.
Original post by callmerachh
it should tell you in your handbook
i think the longer you've worked there the more notice you need to give, i think its about 3 weeks notice, i'm not sure though :smile:

I thought so too but I asked my HR manager and she said its one week notice I have to give. Thank you anyway. :smile:
Reply 59
Hey threre, was just going through the forums needed help when i came across this post saying some people had a primark interview, i hope it went well and you guys got the job.. would you be kind enough to give me some insight to what they asked, how it was and what they made you do? as i have an interview on the 28th december

thanks in advance!
please help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending