The Student Room Group

Working at Primark - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanWilliams92
I also work at Primark, so if there are any questions I'll get back to you ASAP

How long did you have to wait to get a phone call for you're induction, I'm still waiting for that phone call and I've only had my interview 1 week ago lol
What is the induction like?
Reply 62
Original post by chicforever_
What is the induction like?

Mind numbingly boring :P

Just a warning to anyone wanting to work at Primark; it is designed to be the lowest possible retail job in terms of skill and satisfaction. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I personally had to get out of there, it was literally driving me insane.

"Oh you're the most productive worker on this department but you were 2 mins late last month twice so we're putting you on review"

"You seem to always get the work done on time and up to standard, usually helping others finish their section towards the end because you're so ahead, but you were talking therefore you're getting a warning because as a manager I literally have nothing better to be doing."

etc etc... Reminds me of primary school and to be fair that sort of thing is needed for the majority of their staff; I realise I come across as horribly arrogant and pretentious in saying this, but most of the longer term members of staff came from the job centre plus. It was quite a challenge to have stimulating conversations after a while.

/rant sorry!

I am grateful and appreciative that they gave me work, but I took a leap of faith from a "safe" minimum wage retail job and now I'm earning about 4x as much (still as a student) doing much more fulfilling work (teaching children how to program!)

Apologies to those in this thread who still work there and enjoy v it, but just a warning to any new starters, they have a very high employee throughout for a reason - it's just so boring!
I've been at Primark for about 6 months now, It's not the most interesting thing in the world but it's just 4 hours a week on a Saturday to go alongside my A Levels.

The problem is, I'm only 17 so I get paid £4.37 an hour, and working 4 hours a week doesn't get me much pay.. you do the math.

I really want to work 8 hours a week instead, or I'd even be happy doing one of the 5:30-8:30pm shifts on a Thursday or Friday, mainly because I want to start driving lessons and I know this way it would give me enough money to afford at least 2 or 3 a month.

How do I bring this up with a supervisor, and what are the chances they will agree to it? I don't want to get a second job, as I need time to study aswell, all I want is a couple more hours a week!
:frown::frown:
Reply 64
Original post by tom689
Hi, I work at Primark for four hours each Sunday.

I was wondering what the procedure is for getting a shift off/holiday etc as i may need one Sunday off in 3 weeks time as I could be going away for half term. I am aware there is a sheet to fill in to request holiday but I'm not sure whether this is necessary.

So basically, what should I do and is 3 weeks too short notice?

You need to go to HR and they'll give you a holiday form to fill out. 2-3 weeks notice should be enough. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 65
Been working at Primark for about 7 months now, it's going good, pays awesome £7.22 p/h :smile: anyone wanna ask any questions, feel free to ask me.

hii! i would like to apply for a job at primark online, do u know a website wher i apply on please?
Reply 67
Original post by delsassy2601
hii! i would like to apply for a job at primark online, do u know a website wher i apply on please?

Go on to the Primark website and go on to the recruitment section and there should be vacancies there

Reply 68
Hey just wanted to ask how you applied
As i checked all the job sites and couldnt find a link to apply
Did u give your cv in store?
Reply 69
Hi, I had an interview for Primark and they rang me up asking me if I could attend an induction on the 3oth of March or the 13th April but I can't because I'm going home for Easter. Does anyone know if I can do an induction at another Primark store?
Reply 70
This is out of frame, but what do you do if you forget your password to log in into their website to apply for jobs? I've forgotten and apparently cannot find a button where they could send me reminder..
Hii iv been offered a job at primark I was hoping its permanent its 12 hours per week but in all the attachments nd offer letter it does not say permanent or temporary it just said your contracted hours are 12 hours per weed :-(
Week *
Original post by Javindo
There seem to have been a lot of openings at Primark lately so as an employee, feel free to ask me anything about the application/induction/training/work environment! :biggrin:

It's really good fun and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to gain retail experience

Hi iv got a job offer at primark n it just says your contracted hours will be 12 hours a week. Im worried because I am looking for permanent work but it doesn't say on the offer letter if its permanent or temporary? Can you help :-)

Hi I got a job offer but im not sure if its temp or perM
Original post by terriberry
Hi iv got a job offer at primark n it just says your contracted hours will be 12 hours a week. Im worried because I am looking for permanent work but it doesn't say on the offer letter if its permanent or temporary? Can you help :-)

Hi I got a job offer but im not sure if its temp or perM

Hey there, what did you originally apply for, temporary or permanent? It's most like to be permanent if the job vacancy you applied for was a permanent one. You can always clarify during your induction day :smile:
Does it say on offer letter if its temporary? Or permanent?
Original post by chicforever_
Hey there, what did you originally apply for, temporary or permanent? It's most like to be permanent if the job vacancy you applied for was a permanent one. You can always clarify during your induction day :smile:

Haha I cant remember to be honest I hope its permanent

Is there any other way I can find out before induction?
I

Is there any way I can find out if its temp or permanent before my induction?
Reply 79
I
Is there any way I can find out if its temp or permanent before my induction?

would imagine its permanent, ive never heard of temps being hired any other time except xmas tbh. Maybe thats just the one im at though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending