Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much is my signed Man Utd shirt worth?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing. I have a signed Manchester United shirt from the Treble winning season and am thinking about selling it. It's signed by Sir Alex Ferguson, David Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and the rest of the squad from that season. It has a certificate of authenticity and everything, I won it in a competition from Old Trafford when I was six haha.

I'm a huge fan and would hate to sell it but I'm really intrigued as to what it would fetch, I know Beckham's signature is valuable, am I best holding onto to it for a few years or selling it now?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here's one going for just shy of 300 quid.

http://www.united-collectables.co.uk...me-Shirt-.html

That one, though, is signed by only 5 players, while you have the whole squad. Perhaps 500, then?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't sell it. Yeah, you might get a good price for it. But that money will be spent. You will never get that shirt again if you do sell it. Bro, it has sentimental value beyond measure no doubt. Being a fellow Man Utd supporter, if I were you, I would hold onto that shirt for the rest of my days !
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why would you even consider selling something like that?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're obviously not a true fan, if you're considering selling something like that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3309will)
    You're obviously not a true fan, if you're considering selling something like that.
    to be fair I think the guy is saying he's just wondering, not that he is actually going to sell it.
    If I had a signed Villa shirt I'd never sell it but then i'd probably only get about £2.50 for it
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of MU but don't sell it! It's not something you could buy anywhere and since you've the entire team and the manager as well, frame it! lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna get a signed Chelsea treble winning shirt 2012 - 2013
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nil By Mouth)
    I'm gonna get a signed Chelsea treble winning shirt 2012 - 2013
    And I'm gonna turn into an ostrich by sticking a hoover up my arse.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    And I'm gonna turn into an ostrich by sticking a hoover up my arse.
    Good Idea! You already got your head buried in the sand, if you think you're gonna win any thing next season.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nil By Mouth)
    Good Idea! You already got your head buried in the sand, if you think you're gonna win any thing next season.
    I never specified who I support...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I never specified who I support...
    Doesn't matter, like I said Chelsea =- winner takes all
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewisd17)
    Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this sort of thing. I have a signed Manchester United shirt from the Treble winning season and am thinking about selling it. It's signed by Sir Alex Ferguson, David Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and the rest of the squad from that season. It has a certificate of authenticity and everything, I won it in a competition from Old Trafford when I was six haha.

I'm a huge fan and would hate to sell it but I'm really intrigued as to what it would fetch, I know Beckham's signature is valuable, am I best holding onto to it for a few years or selling it now?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Thats wicked, you should definitely keep it, dont ever sell it but if you did wait for a longer time that way price still keeps going up. Thats what im doing with my Barcelona shirt from 08/09 season. Keep it as something in your room or what not its a great conversation piece i bet. Yours will be worth more then my Barca piece because its older and its got a Beckham signature. Plus I am missing a few players like Henry, Marquez and Bojan. I think yours would be worth over 500ish quid but don't sell it.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll buy it for a fiver.

In all seriousness, probably worth a bit but then would you not miss it later if you did decide to sell?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same price as your local superstore is selling toilet roll, the home brand rolls at that.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keep hold of it until you're older.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never sell it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How much would you pay for toilet paper?

#west ham 4 eva
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your not a REAL Man Utd fan are you, if you sell it.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know you're only wondering what it could fetch, and I'm all for making some quick money, but please don't sell it - the sentimental value of the signed shirt would be much more than the monetary value :sadnod:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.