Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stop complaining about insurance and check out this.

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What companies are giving these cheap quotes! A Jaguar for £300 insurance?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another insurance thing you can do is be a voluntary worker at a voluntary organisation, but make sure you do a Saturday morning at a charity shop or something. I found quotes dropped by a few hundred quid. I didn't do this, as it would be lying. Work experience on paper, and save a bob or 2.

And the jag for £300 is probably true, i had some very cheap quotes, like £650 for a 1991 XJ6, 3.2 litre. The fuel economy will make it false economy.

I did a quote on an Audi R8 V10. It came back at £9,800. I thought that was reasonable for a new driver, in a £100k car capable of 199mph. We can all dream tho!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sosososo frustrating that people are not giving names of companies
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at Elephant everyone looking for names of companies. Its probably who I will end up going with, every quote I get from them as the main driver is better than everywhere elses, they also give you some good extras too and the accelerated no claims (which from what ive heard equals a normal 1 year no claims with some other companies but not all)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    Have a look at Elephant everyone looking for names of companies. Its probably who I will end up going with, every quote I get from them as the main driver is better than everywhere elses, they also give you some good extras too and the accelerated no claims (which from what ive heard equals a normal 1 year no claims with some other companies but not all)

I keep getting:

We are unable to provide a quote for you because of the following reasons:

We are experiencing technical difficulties - please call us

While we are unable to offer an online quote, we may be able to give you a quote over the telephone. Please call us on 0800 118 1644 Mon - Fri: 8am-11pm; Sat: 9am-8pm; Sun: 10am-8pm.

I've tried a Daewoo Matiz to see if it works and it's the same. Got 3 middle aged women added as named drivers and it still comes up with that! Is the site down?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Daewoo Matiz is expensive to insure in relative terms to Peugeots and other small cars.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Am I misinformed or is it classic car insurance companies that give the best quotes for classic cars rather than places like Elephant, Admiral etc?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought you could only get insured on classic car insurance if you were 21+? I tried...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only hassle is, what you save insurance usually gets spent on keeping it running :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 3, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.