Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

faster way of losing weight??

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is there a faster way of losing weight? and how much weight would i be able to lose within a month? i have this birthday party coming up and i really want to lose weight for it.. im 59kg now but is it possible to drop a few kg's in a month? probably upto 54kg?? and the type of exercise i was thinking of was running of the treadmill - approx trying to lose 200 calories a day. and dancing?
    but im not sure what my diet eating plan should be since im a vegetarian :\ and its hard to stay away from junk food lol. someone help!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nutrition is important. You should eat about 6 small meals a day. It sounds silly eating 'more' but it actually increases your metabolic activity, thus you can lose more weight. As for food, there are lots of good foods out there that are sutiable for vegetarians. I'll Pm you some foods that you can eat, if you want. As for exercise, Cardiovascular exercise is good but you only lose weight during the exercise itself. Maybe try lifting some light dumbells, and induce some light weight training maybe 1-2 times a week.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well the fastest way to lose weight is to not eat anything at all, and exercise constantly 24/7 with no rest time.

The sensible way to lose weight is to eat a healthy balanced diet and follow a decent exercise routine. You could probably lose a few kgs in a month, maybe 1kg a week. But at only 59kg (depending on your height) you arent all that heavy, so maybe less than that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im 160cm lol, its a healthy weight but i'd like to lose a bit of weight to feel a bit happier lol.
    Craig- that would be great if you could pm me some of the foods
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tape worm
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    5kgs in a month? Easy. Ketosis diet (high protein, moderate fat, low carb) to loser water weight and fat too. Move more eat less. But do the right kind of movement (get some weights in, proper free weights not machines), and eat less (less carbs, but definitely more protein).
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craig12)
    Nutrition is important. You should eat about 6 small meals a day. It sounds silly eating 'more' but it actually increases your metabolic activity.
    pure myth. Disproven by many scientific studies. Please stop posting misinformation.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Start the diet sooner?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your diet definitely has to be consistent, since you are a vegetarian it is important you get your protein, obviously fruit and veg and try to reduce the amount of carbs you eat. You don't need to use a treadmill to loose weight, there are other methods, my favourite being skipping you'd be amazed by the results you can get from skipping. My advice is to eat a balanced nutritional diet, do at least 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 days a week and try not to eat any carbs after 6, in fact you should only eat a handful of carbs per meal but the only times you should eat carbs is before and after you work out.

Hope this helped, good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exercise is good obviously but you may find yourself gaining muscle and thus your weight won't really drop that much, so don't be horrified if this happens (but this is good weight! You'll feel better). You want to be eating a balanced diet, stats say to lose 1lb a week you need to be eating a negative calorie balance of 500 cals a day. But this is a lot of calories to suddenly stop eating (unless you're currently eating over 2000 a day!) and so I would say just make sure you're eating 3 good meals and snacking on fruit/healthy snacks. Resist the temptation to eat the junk food - calorie counting may help this and then you have a realisation of exactly what you're taking in, but careful this doesn't become too obsessive as this led me to an eating disorder. Examples of a good diet would be say bran flakes with bio yoghurt/bit of milk for breakfast, snacks on fruit or cereal bars or rice cakes, lunch something like pitta bread with salad or eggs on toast. Dinner maybe lentils as you're a vegetarian to get protein, vegetables (Experiment with different ways of cooking, e.g roasting is lush), quorn meat is good as a meat substitute. This should give you a good calorie intake, balance this with exercise (30mins of high energy a few times a week is ample) and you should lose a bit. But you aren't overweight to begin with so losing it will be slower and harder than it would be for an overweight person!
    Good luck, its not totally impossible but you must have the willpower to do so and please, please do it healthily.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Abdullahi)
    try not to eat any carbs after 6, in fact you should only eat a handful of carbs per meal but the only times you should eat carbs is before and after you work out.

There is no reason why you shouldn't eat carbs after 6. Your body does not know what time it is, and isn't going to change how carbs are digested just because it's 7pm.
    Yes, you shouldn't eat too many carbs, but they are still needed. Just make sure you're eating good carbs... Swap white bread/pasta etc for brown...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi

First none of these are needed
    eating 6 meals a day
    Ketosis diet
    Well the fastest way to lose weight is to not eat anything at all, and exercise constantly 24/7 with no rest time
    Eat carbs before 6

They work for some people but not all and only make a small amount of difference

Its all about diet, if you know you just eat junk food (Stop)

If you want to loose the weight in a month then you need to do it for yourself

My advice sort a good calorie defect diet and dont aim to burn a certain amount of calories (200 can be burnt in 10 minutes or 1 hour) aim for a intense cardio session with a treadmill, rower or crosstrainer

Being a vegetarian is no different
    Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could you tell me exactly what the ketosis diet is? (i hope i've spelt that right) and yeah I heard skipping is really good, my mum was saying it the other day lol! And gaining muscle instead of losing weight would be the last thing I want, being a girl and all :| Im mostly confused about the type of exercise I should do..treadmill, dancing. Im not sure which is more effective :/ or maybe dancing and skipping combined? Since your moving all of your body? And also on the treadmill would it take more time to see the results?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E10i
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Abdullahi)
    try not to eat any carbs after 6, in fact you should only eat a handful of carbs per meal but the only times you should eat carbs is before and after you work out.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    keto?
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tend to have an omelette once a day..... would this be sufficient protein for me?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I can give you some tips
    1) DRINK WATER AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP: after brushing ofcourse
    2) SLEEP: scientifically proven, the more you sleep, the more weight you loose
    3) since you are a vegetarian, the work is going to be way easier, EAT HEALTHY
    4) DO NOT DIET! trust me, I tried dieting once... but instead of loosing weight... i landed up in the hospital for two days
    5) DANCING: if you think your a tragic dancer then dance alone with your type of music in your room... IT HELPS!!
    6) KEEP NIBLING FOOD EVERY ONE HOUR
    7) GET INVOLVED IN A SPORT: the gym will just make you stiff
    8) STRETCH: helps... imensely!!
    9) you dont ALWAYS have to eat salads, just eat helthy and only once in a month you can eat a large fatty plate of junk food.
    10) FRESH JUICES: make juices at home, buy a juicer and have atleast one glass of juice everyday
    11) MAKE ABS: instead of siting with the laptop and with your phone, just start with the crunches, keep increasing the number of crunches you do everyday
    12) CIRCUIT TRAING, YOGA, KICK- BOXING: all of these help in loosing alot of weight
    13) CONTROL: control on your diet, atleast try, it was hard for me in the begining, but I am used to it now... it works... eventually (honestly, i even cried once for chips!!)

THESE WERE SOME TIPS... HOPE THEY HELP YOU BECAUSE THEY HELPED ME
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Don't take advice off her, all of what she's said is total junk

- You need to eat around 1200-1300 calories a day
    - Cut out unnecessary starchy carbs from your meals (potatoes and bread) and replace them with fibrous carbs (green vegetables)
    - Try not to eat carbs after 6-7pm
    - With the starchy carbs you do eat, swap them for the brown versions
    - Don't do abdominal crunches if you want to lose fat on your stomach, it will just push out the fat. Only do them once you are happy with your abdomen, to tone them
    - Drink water throughout the day
    - 20 minutes of HIIT at least 3-4 times a week e.g. 30 seconds cardio as fast as you possibly can, then 1 minute of normal pace. Do this for a total of 20 minutes, it's quite intense and very effective. It doesn't have to be 30 seconds to 60 seconds, as long as it's a 1:2 ratio then do it. 20 seconds max to 40 seconds normal pace is probably more manageable. Don't do this HIIT on an empty stomach or you will most likely throw up.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warisha)
    4) DO NOT DIET! trust me, I tried dieting once... but instead of loosing weight... i landed up in the hospital for two days
    5) DANCING: if you think your a tragic dancer then dance alone with your type of music in your room... IT HELPS!!
    7) GET INVOLVED IN A SPORT: the gym will just make you stiff
    8) STRETCH: helps... imensely!!
    9) you dont ALWAYS have to eat salads, just eat helthy and only once in a month you can eat a large fatty plate of junk food.
    10) FRESH JUICES: make juices at home, buy a juicer and have atleast one glass of juice everyday
    11) MAKE ABS: instead of siting with the laptop and with your phone, just start with the crunches, keep increasing the number of crunches you do everyday
    12) CIRCUIT TRAING, YOGA, KICK- BOXING: all of these help in loosing alot of weight
    13) CONTROL: control on your diet, atleast try, it was hard for me in the begining, but I am used to it now... it works... eventually (honestly, i even cried once for chips!!)

THESE WERE SOME TIPS... HOPE THEY HELP YOU BECAUSE THEY HELPED ME
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warisha)
    basis behind this?
    lol no, when you sleep, your metabolism is lower = less weight loss
    lolno, vegetarians don't eat meat and so are more likely to consume a diet higher in carbs. Lower carbs and more protein are aspects of a GOOD weightloss diet.
    what do you define as "to diet"? and how did you end up in hospital? oh lawd
    frequency of food intake has no effect on metabolism
    fruit juice is high in sugar, the effects of which are only negated by the fibre.
    because crunches will "tone"? lower bodyfat is needed to see abs.
    thought you told her not to go the gym?
    you cried for chips? jesus H christ
    1234510char

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 3, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.