Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

History OCR GCSE exam tips!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael's)
    For the 4 Markers you need to briefly tell the examiner exactly what the question is asking. Please let me stress that you do not bullet point the answers but in a way list them with a small amount of explanation. It should take no longer than 6 lines. The 6 markers require a bit more explanation but less points. Aim to write at least half a page but if you can write more and have the time then definitely do so! Now, with the 10 markers, aim to try and write about a page.

Love
    -Michael

So for a 6 mark question, if it asked you why a photo was taken, would you make a point saying 'it was takrn to show' .... Then describe the photo, giving detail, supported with background knowledge, then the affect of the detail and say possibly why someone would want it to have this affect?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could some one please tell me how to structure the 12 mark question (last question on paper 2 British Depth Study), i know i have to make a table and put sources for and against, but when it comes to writing how do i add the own knowlage and etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO STRUCTURE A QUESTION :

why do these two sources give you different views of how far the liberals helped the poor?

Thankyou
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalieportmanxx)
    So for a 6 mark question, if it asked you why a photo was taken, would you make a point saying 'it was takrn to show' .... Then describe the photo, giving detail, supported with background knowledge, then the affect of the detail and say possibly why someone would want it to have this affect?
    Did you get do the depth study of germany which had the picture of a wolf and it asked why it was published in 1919?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing the Rebecca Riots paper 2 for crime and punishment? I seem to be the only one
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you get do the depth study of germany which had the picture of a wolf and it asked why it was published in 1919?
    Nope, one on America in the 1920s of a poor rural black family in Virginia. It asked why it was taken?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalieportmanxx)
    Nope, one on America in the 1920s of a poor rural black family in Virginia. It asked why it was taken?
    When it asks you why a source was taken and published at that specific time you have to relate it to what is happening. For instance, mine was about communists in 1919 so I said it was published then to highlight the issue to the german people that if the Communists succeed in gaining power then there will be fierce consequences for the entire world. Get what I mean?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    We did the civil right movement too i got 49/50. I loved learning about all that kind of stuff and I will do it again in college apparently so I'll already have a good understanding.
    When did you do this? Because we did our Civil Rights Movement coursework months ago and still haven't got our results:/ Did you get your results through school?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherine95)
    When did you do this? Because we did our Civil Rights Movement coursework months ago and still haven't got our results:/ Did you get your results through school?
    Yeah, we did it in school and like a few months later we got it back.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emstronners)
    We did the civil rights movement in America from 1945-1970, was quite straightforward tbh, was interesting because we studied a lot about Martin Luther King and got to listen to his speeches
    What question did you answer for the coursework? How was it phrased?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask, if you did the German Depth Study for History B, how did you find the Bolshevism source?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lovin the chance the rapper icon there buddy!!! Huge Fan

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2014
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.