The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by otrivine
it was the implicit differentiation

co2 has to be taken from body because it can cause respiratory acidosis , also if co2 is present it can cause build up of lactic acid (anaerobic respiration) also if more co2 is transpored therefore less oxygen is supplied to organs such as the liver to carry out metabollic processes , and therefore results in less aerobic respiration and less ATP produced, also too high co2 can cause the PH of the blood to go high/low which can be really dangerous , co2 is the bohr shift and can cause less oxygen binding with oxygen and causes less oxygen to bind with haemoglobin reducing the affinity of oxygen

But it just said to solve the differential equation, not work out the coorbinates...oh wait..I dont know -.- oh crap...-slowly going into depression in the realisation that I've failed-

I think 4/6 but I think you should have mentioned co2 combining with co2 = carbominohaemoglobin, thats what causes low affinity for o2. Also how H combines with haemoglobin as it competes with o2. But good you mentioned respiratory acidosis :smile:
Original post by ds4143
But it just said to solve the differential equation, not work out the coorbinates...oh wait..I dont know -.- oh crap...-slowly going into depression in the realisation that I've failed-

I think 4/6 but I think you should have mentioned co2 combining with co2 = carbominohaemoglobin, thats what causes low affinity for o2. Also how H combines with haemoglobin as it competes with o2. But good you mentioned respiratory acidosis :smile:

no that question there was another one

describe oxidative phosphroyaltion
Reply 182
no that question there was another one

describe oxidative phosphroyaltion

oohhhhhhhh implicitt yeh got confused...I defo didnt get what you got...lol I got two coordinates -.- I dont know how...I doubt its right LOL gotta wait and see till the unofficial ms comes out!

okay I hate this one -.-

NADH is reduced as it binds to the first protein called NADH dehydrogenase. It gives up its electrons. In chemiosmosisThe electrons moves along to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th protein. In doing so the energy released is used to pump Hydrogen protons into the intermembrane space. This creates an electrochemical gradient. The protons then diffuse through the ATPase channels. As a proton passes through this changes the shape of the ATPase enzyme causing ADP to bind with Pi forming ATP. The 2 electrons left in protein 3 are then used to combine with an oxygen molecule. Oxygen is the final acceptor, as 2 H protons bind with the mocule, water is formed.

FADH2 binds with the 2 protein. Giving up its electrons, as it moves along the 3rd and 4th protein, the energy is used to pump H protons into the intermembrane space. Less ATP is produced compared to ATP produced by NADH as FADH2 moves through less proteins.

sorry its long >.<
Original post by ds4143
oohhhhhhhh implicitt yeh got confused...I defo didnt get what you got...lol I got two coordinates -.- I dont know how...I doubt its right LOL gotta wait and see till the unofficial ms comes out!

okay I hate this one -.-

NADH is reduced as it binds to the first protein called NADH dehydrogenase. It gives up its electrons. In chemiosmosisThe electrons moves along to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th protein. In doing so the energy released is used to pump Hydrogen protons into the intermembrane space. This creates an electrochemical gradient. The protons then diffuse through the ATPase channels. As a proton passes through this changes the shape of the ATPase enzyme causing ADP to bind with Pi forming ATP. The 2 electrons left in protein 3 are then used to combine with an oxygen molecule. Oxygen is the final acceptor, as 2 H protons bind with the mocule, water is formed.

FADH2 binds with the 2 protein. Giving up its electrons, as it moves along the 3rd and 4th protein, the energy is used to pump H protons into the intermembrane space. Less ATP is produced compared to ATP produced by NADH as FADH2 moves through less proteins.

sorry its long >.<

yep but only the last points were relevant ok my turn
Sorry to interrupt but could I ask a question?

What does it mean by the loop of Henle is a 'counter current multiplier'? I know that there's a descending limb and an ascending limb so I guess the filtrate has to go in opposite directions but I'm not sure and I'm not sure about the 'multiplier' bit
Reply 185
Original post by ds4143
Ooo did you end up resitting f215 then :redface:? Because I did....and the jan paper was so much easier -.-

I havent really predicted what question would come up..lol I predicted what would come up in f215 June and I was right XD but it didnt help me much because most of the questions were application -.- and Im useful when it comes to application.

Are you ready for this exam???

haha yes im ready you? :biggrin:
I thought it was really good today :smile: only thing is I mixed up ascending/descending (fml) and also the last last question. Happy though I'm finished for ever! Never have to do biology again aoiegigarhglwooowogheosgrikf
Original post by AndyHoughton
I thought it was really good today :smile: only thing is I mixed up ascending/descending (fml) and also the last last question. Happy though I'm finished for ever! Never have to do biology again aoiegigarhglwooowogheosgrikf

that one i meant i talked about motor neurone as example , i said action potential transmitted and said like (neuro)transmitters are passed on to neurones and talked about like information being passed to each other and said like the neurones are connected along those lines then the one on junction i talked about having like the polypeptide specific receptors e.t.c
that one i meant i talked about motor neurone as example , i said action potential transmitted and said like (neuro)transmitters are passed on to neurones and talked about like information being passed to each other and said like the neurones are connected along those lines then the one on junction i talked about having like the polypeptide specific receptors e.t.c

I misinterpreted the question so I talked about what insulin does to reduce glucose concentrations :frown:
I misinterpreted the question so I talked about what insulin does to reduce glucose concentrations :frown:

the order was for that page it was islets of langheirn first then B cells and there was another it said name part of cell i put liver cell ?? cause it was mentioned in our books and the 3 marks for the syntheiss i siad they are in vesciles and fuses with plasma memrbae releasing content by exocytosis , then i said like the insulin is moved out of cell?
0 0
the order was for that page it was islets of langheirn first then B cells and there was another it said name part of cell i put liver cell ?? cause it was mentioned in our books and the 3 marks for the syntheiss i siad they are in vesciles and fuses with plasma memrbae releasing content by exocytosis , then i said like the insulin is moved out of cell?
0 0

I thought it meant after exocytosis but it was before you're right :smile: What was the name part of the cell one? Not sure which one you mean :confused:
I thought it meant after exocytosis but it was before you're right :smile: What was the name part of the cell one? Not sure which one you mean :confused:[/QUote)
the one before the synthesis before the 3 marker
[QUOTE="otrivine;38289991"]
I thought it meant after exocytosis but it was before you're right :smile: What was the name part of the cell one? Not sure which one you mean :confused:[/QUote)
the one before the synthesis before the 3 marker

ohhh, I put ribosome :smile:
does anyone have the f214 jan and june papers with mark schemes? i would REALLY appreciate it! Thanksss x
Hey everyone, I have a question from the book that I don't know the answer to:

explain why there are only small amounts of RuBP in the stroma of chloroplasts?

I just assumed that it was because the RuBP was constantly being used to make TP, GP, and etc. I doubt this is it though.

Any help would be great :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending