The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think they're going to reject me (possibly tomorrow) so I can't say I'm too fond.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Insatiable
I think they're going to reject me (possibly tomorrow) so I can't say I'm too fond.

What for? what grades are you predicted? Im going there for law have a unconditional offer, you?>
Reply 3
Well I like it.
Reply 4
picju96
Well I like it.

Agreed.
Reply 5
Sunnyt
What for? what grades are you predicted? Im going there for law have a unconditional offer, you?>

I applied for English and creative writing, and didn't get invited to interview earlier this month. Doesn't bode well. I'm predicted AAA, but so are tons of people.
Reply 6
everything i've heard about warwick has been really positive.. great facilities, great people, great town, great accomodation.. :smile: i've got a place to do MORSE and i'm still wondering if i want to go there.. i've been trying to see if anyone had any negative stuff to say about it.. there's been none... :rolleyes:
Insatiable
I applied for English and creative writing, and didn't get invited to interview earlier this month. Doesn't bode well. I'm predicted AAA, but so are tons of people.

My friend is in a similar position, she applied for English and hasn't heard either, do you know when the last interview date is?
Reply 8
serendipity
My friend is in a similar position, she applied for English and hasn't heard either, do you know when the last interview date is?

A member here (Grace) who had an interview there said she was told that there was only going to be one date, and that was it. :frown:
Reply 9
From my sisters experienced they are stuck up and thing they are 'it'.

All the other universities wrote her back nice letters and were prompt in giving her offers (York, Lancaster, Keele, Manchester and Shefield). She has still yet to hear from Warwick. Also they are supposed to be very strict.

That is all I know though I have no first hand experience with the place.
Warwick are always always really slow apparently. Very evil.
Insatiable
A member here (Grace) who had an interview there said she was told that there was only going to be one date, and that was it. :frown:

Sorry to confirm your fears, but it seems you're right.

from the Warwick website:

Deferred Entry/Interviews
Early application through UCAS is advised. Interviews are an important part of the admissions process. In principle we prefer to interview candidates before making an offer, though a few offers may be made without interview. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 18 February 2004 (English and Creative Writing QW38) and Friday 30 January and 27 February 2004 (English Literature Q300, English and American Literature QT37, English and Theatre Studies QW34). Students who cannot attend for reasons of ill health, mock exams, etc will be offered one alternative interview date.

Although maybe they want to make an offer without interview? :confused: It's pretty rude of them not to let you know :mad:
serendipity
Sorry to confirm your fears, but it seems you're right.

from the Warwick website:

Deferred Entry/Interviews
Early application through UCAS is advised. Interviews are an important part of the admissions process. In principle we prefer to interview candidates before making an offer, though a few offers may be made without interview. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 18 February 2004 (English and Creative Writing QW38) and Friday 30 January and 27 February 2004 (English Literature Q300, English and American Literature QT37, English and Theatre Studies QW34). Students who cannot attend for reasons of ill health, mock exams, etc will be offered one alternative interview date.

Although maybe they want to make an offer without interview? :confused: It's pretty rude of them not to let you know :mad:

Aye, that's it. They must know where they stand with my application, so they're making me wait for no reason.
Reply 13
Gnostic
Well, it's not the LSE.

LSE is quite a joke at times. I know international students with only one A getting into the Law department. It makes me frustrated thinking that I had to get 6As to get accepted (offered a sad AAB).
Gnostic
Ah, but those stupid yanks bring in lots of money for us to have super-dooper professors. :smile:

Haha. :smile: I'm international too but didn't apply to LSE because there are too many people I know there. Most got in with 2As at AS and a bunch of Bs and Cs. I guess the amount of better UK students kinda evens it out. It's still a wonderful uni by any standards.
Reply 15
amazingtrade
From my sisters experienced they are stuck up and thing they are 'it'.

All the other universities wrote her back nice letters and were prompt in giving her offers (York, Lancaster, Keele, Manchester and Shefield). She has still yet to hear from Warwick. Also they are supposed to be very strict.

That is all I know though I have no first hand experience with the place.

How does being late to reply make them stuck up? They just had more applications/considered each application for longer than the other uni's.
kildare
How does being late to reply make them stuck up? They just had more applications/considered each application for longer than the other uni's.

Agreed. They're probably being the opposite of 'stuck up' as they're giving all students an 'equal chance' and taking their time to consider each application.

Would you rather they dish out rejections really early to straight A students with some phoney excuse?

Lolz.. I'm not pro Warwick or anything, but it seems rather crude to make strange assumptions. :smile:
Gnostic
Interesting - so what UK uni are you going to?

I REALLY wanted to get in Downing (Cambridge) and wouldn't have settled for any other Cam college... but obviously I got rejected :smile:. Umm.. so now I'm left with Durham, Warwick, Notts, Manchester and Leeds. And I've been so confused with my choices. So far, I've kinda settled with Durham because I believe it suits my character. I'm not into the whole social life thing (sounds so uncool eh?) and I like the isolation plus the beautiful campus.

Warwick and Notts were initially very attractive, but I can't choose them all. So Durham will be my "firm" and sole choice.
Gnostic
Yes, I think that Durham is the best choice out of the remaining 5. Warwick is way over hyped by A-level students for some odd reason. Nottingham, except for its Law School, is also a complete non-entity. Manchester University is in Manchester. And Leeds is Leeds.

Lolz :smile: I intend to read Law. I'm just happy to go to Durham partly because I don't know anyone there. This sounds really horrible, but so many of my classmates got into places like LSE with 2As or less and I just feel that my efforts to achieve good grades have all been wasted (I do feel happy for them, but wouldn't like to be in the same uni as them). Like that dude above, I also got 6As and did work quite hard for them... As for Durham, only 2 people from my school applied. One is me, the other is my roommate, and she got 4As with her only B being Art - she's reading Geography.

Lolz.. rant over! This is just part of my eccentric nature speaking. Don't mind me :smile:
Reply 19
kildare

But they must realise people are waiting for offers and its not fair to keep students waiting for this long. Its not like there isn't any other good universities to choose form.

Latest