The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) FP1 answers June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
If i only lost 1 mark then will this be 100 UMS????
Reply 61
Does anyone remember the original equation for Q6? I.e. the quadratic equation in x.
Reply 62
Original post by KoalaKim

Most likely to be 97 ums.
Reply 63
Anyone got a list of the questions?
argh grumble reckon i got 68/72 because i forgot to divide the quadratic by 5 in one of the questions. Still an A hopefully, although this paper was ridiculusly easy, so the boundaries are probobly gonna be really high.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Fusionary
Most likely to be 97 ums.

Seriously doubt that, even jan 12 where 90% was an A 71/72 would be 98 UMS, so in this paper most likely to be 99, and doubtfully could be 100
Original post by Mr M (jr)
This is correct and would get full marks.

Mr M is far too quick; some of us still have to teach! (A day of FP2 for me)

I can concur with all his (edited) answers. I would suspect that for Q4 n(n2+1) would get full marks, but can't guarantee it.

I taught all day as well. Did answers and posted them at lunchtime!

You may well be right about Q4.
Original post by John2606
for qs 6 , would you get a error carried forward for part ii?

yes
Original post by TehCoolNerd
Mr M,
I may have been a little bit silly and misread 6ii and thought that they were asking for (1/α -1) and (1/β -1) to be worked out separately. I worked these out to be:
-11/10 +- i root(39)/10

How many marks out of three do you think I would get?
Thanks

They are the right answers to the question you thought you were answering!

Probably drop 2 marks but it might only be 1.
Original post by BenjaminKyle
how many marks in total would i lose for stupidly drawing the loci |z|=|z-8| due to a misread (so that I ended up with a vertical line through (4,0) .... although i did do the circle and shade the right area of the circle correctly) - however i am worried i've made myself lose a lot of marks here as there was more than one part to the question dependent on the loci (such as the intercepts). Ahh i feel so ridiculous, this kind of problem never normally fazes me, i honestly don't know what happened!

You won't be penalised for the same mistake twice. Probably lose two marks in total.
Original post by KoalaKim

Probably.
Reply 71
Mr M what is the quadratic equation given in Q6? The one where you make the u substitution?
Original post by Steve0606
Mr M what is the quadratic equation given in Q6? The one where you make the u substitution?

Didn't I include it in the answers?

5u2+11u+8=05u^2 + 11u + 8 =0
Original post by Mr M
Probably.

Awesome :biggrin:, what is 100 usually? I thought you had to get 72? Well I'm not complaining :tongue:
It comes from:

2x2+x+5=02x^2 + x + 5 =0

2(1u+1)2+1u+1+5=02(\frac{1}{u+1})^2 +\frac{1}{u+1} + 5 = 0

etc
Reply 75
Sorry I meant 2x^2 + x + 5 not the one with u, thanks
Original post by tooambitious
Awesome :biggrin:, what is 100 usually? I thought you had to get 72? Well I'm not complaining :tongue:

It depends on the position of the A and B grade boundaries.

If, for example, 56 raw marks was an A and 49 raw marks was a B, then 100 UMS would be 56 + (2 * (56-49)) = 70.
Original post by Mr M
It depends on the position of the A and B grade boundaries.

If, for example, 56 raw marks was an A and 49 raw marks was a B, then 100 UMS would be 56 + (2 * (56-49)) = 70.

Oh awesome, I was aware of the formula but go some reason always thought the A an B boundary was often a little further apart so even with a lowish A we need full aw for full UMS. Thanks for clearing that up :smile:
Reply 78
what do ppl think an A will be?
Reply 79
Hi, if for a question you simply got an answer and no working, is it possible to get full marks??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending