Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cameras in music venues

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently applied for a student press pass and was just wondering if anyone knows if this will allow me to take my slr in to music venues. I know that they are quite strict as I have had my camera confiscated many times and don't want to risk it again.

Thanks

Amy
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALHammond)
    Hi,

I recently applied for a student press pass and was just wondering if anyone knows if this will allow me to take my slr in to music venues. I know that they are quite strict as I have had my camera confiscated many times and don't want to risk it again.

Thanks

Amy
    I dont know. But when we went to Vienna to see ACDC, we both left our DSLR at the hotel, due to similar experiences as yours, when we got in there everyone had cameras, including DSLRs, we just had phones, grrrr.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks

Amy
    normally a press pass would mean you have the privilege to use a professional camera, and be able to beyond the barrier to take images. however, i've never heard of a "student press pass" so what do that mean? was it for a specific show or just a venue in general?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak!)
    normally a press pass would mean you have the privilege to use a professional camera, and be able to beyond the barrier to take images. however, i've never heard of a "student press pass" so what do that mean? was it for a specific show or just a venue in general?
    If you're studying any sort of course that links in to journalism you can apply for a student press pass that lasts for the duration of your course.

It has 'STUDENT PASS' written across it quite big so it can't be mistaken for a normal press pass which is making me think that there must be a limit on what I can use it for.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're studying any sort of course that links in to journalism you can apply for a student press pass that lasts for the duration of your course.

It has 'STUDENT PASS' written across it quite big so it can't be mistaken for a normal press pass which is making me think that there must be a limit on what I can use it for.
    I see, just contact the venue prior to the event to ask about their policies, every place is different.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.