Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Weirdest Thing You Have Been Asked In An Interview?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today I had my first real interview for something important, it was for an mechanical engineering apprenticeship. Well all went well but one of the interviewers asked my if I mind getting dirty, which I thought was a fine question due to the environment I would be working in. Then the other interviewer asked me to give an example in the past of when I had got really dirty, which I thought was a bit weird.

What about you guys..?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you get dirty in this job...don't drop the soap.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sing head-knees-shoulders and toes backwards ...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDudester)
    Today I had my first real interview for something important, it was for an mechanical engineering apprenticeship. Well all went well but one of the interviewers asked my if I mind getting dirty, which I thought was a fine question due to the environment I would be working in. Then the other interviewer asked me to give an example in the past of when I had got really dirty, which I thought was a bit weird.

What about you guys..?
    i dont think the question is weird he probably wanted to see what in your idea was 'really dirty' coz in a mechanical engineering career you are really gonna get your hands dirty like with grease and stuff so if you answered the question by probably describing a small mess or some thing he would think you dont know what getting really dirty meant.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Am I missing something here? I'm not trying to get work in a prison
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just answered by saying when I played golf for the second time it was wet and I fell over twice. I got absolutely pitted but we had a whale of a time.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mate you got verbally violated.

Was it a bit like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC1p7jacA_8
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Mate you got verbally violated.

Was it a bit like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC1p7jacA_8
    Haha that's where I thought it was going lol.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Someone I go to college with had an interview for dentistry or something like that and the interviewer went 'you've just killed my cat. explain' and he had to act as if he'd run over her cat and demonstrate how he'd tell her. It was probably just a test of whether or not he could break bad news though but he was pretty confused at the time.

I also used to know someone who *allegedly* (he's wasn't the most trustworthy) got asked at a job interview for retail which chipmunk out of Alvin and the Chipmunks he'd rather be and why
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will i give head
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    have you got a condom?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlyfrog)
    Someone I go to college with had an interview for dentistry or something like that and the interviewer went 'you've just killed my cat. explain' and he had to act as if he'd run over her cat and demonstrate how he'd tell her. It was probably just a test of whether or not he could break bad news though but he was pretty confused at the time.

I also used to know someone who *allegedly* (he's wasn't the most trustworthy) got asked at a job interview for retail which chipmunk out of Alvin and the Chipmunks he'd rather be and why
    Did your mate have the dentistry interview at Cardiff? Apparently one of the station during the interview is to break news to your neighbour that their cat has died. It's just to test your communication skills and see if you can be ampathetic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Every person has different experience of interview. It depends on both person who take interview and give. It is very good experience the first step of our job or our success.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.