The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Chucklefiend
I used to think it was just a codeword for redheads who, for some reason, took offense at being called ginger. I've subsequently seen hair dyes which are actually strawberry blonde (predominately pale yellow with hints of warmer shades of red and orange), but does it exist as a natural colour? If it does it must be pretty rare because I don't think I've ever met anyone with naturally strawberry blonde hair and I can't think of any famous people with it either. If you can, I'd be grateful if you post an example (name or photo or whatever).

Thanks.

Ask Keith Lemon
Strawberry blonde is just pale ginger I thought? usually when red-heads try to bleach their hair it ends up that colour. I think it looks nice on some people, as long as you've got 'pale' colouring.
Reply 22
My hair is naturally strawberry blonde! I'm fair, my hair is predominatly blonde but it does have a warmer reddy tone to it. I'm certainly not ginger but I'm not fully blonde, either.
Reply 23
Yeah, I have strawberry blonde hair. It's basically a honey blonde with red/orange undertones. Or as my mother calls it "autumn hair" I guess the reason it's not seen on adults so much is because most people dye it. I've only started to like it tbh. When I was younger I just didn't like the fact I was neither considered a blonde or a redhead, just somewhere strange in between. My grandad, aunt and cousin also have it.
Reply 24
A girl who I went to 6th form with had naturally strawberry blonde hair. It looked blonde but with a slight gingergy tone, very nice colour.
Reply 25
I know a few people with very light, but ginger, hair. Most people are describing it as a warm blonde colour, but I don't really think it is.
Reply 27
ℒ~ About 4 percent of the worlds population are natural redheads (or gingers as they are sometimes called). About .5 percent of the the worlds population have natural strawberry blonde (SB) hair. The gene is recessive and is required by both parents. Mine has complete strands of copper, orange and blonde hairs. The sun naturally highlights it to be blonder. (((I am unaware of any celebrity that is a natural SB. Nicole Kidman has been dying her natural blonde hair SB so long that many think she's a natural.)))
Reply 28
Yes, i've seen natural strawberry blonde hair. It's quite rare, and i would think a lot who are naturally this colour would hide it with dye anyway, to avoid the 'ginger'....trap? stigma?
People call me "strawberry blonde" because my hair veers more towards blonde than really "red", but I much prefer ginger :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Strawberry blonde is ginger, but it's that pale kinda blonde-ginger. I've seen a few people with hair you could describe as strawberry blonde. It's still red, just a lot paler than say, Annie. :lol:

strawberry blonde is not a 'pale redhead/ginger' . there is nothing pale about 'natural' strawberry blonde hair .
Reply 32
Strawberry blonde is ginger, but it's that pale kinda blonde-ginger. I've seen a few people with hair you could describe as strawberry blonde. It's still red, just a lot paler than say, Annie. :lol:

strawberry blonde hair is a unique hair color that should not be confused with the red/ginger hair color
Original post by LynBanas
strawberry blonde hair is a unique hair color that should not be confused with the red/ginger hair color

Why did you tell me that twice? :lol: Anyway, most people who claim to be strawberry blonde are really just pale ginger. I'm sure it is a colour in its own right, but most of the people who claim to be strawberry blonde aren't. And heck, compared to my dark brown hair, everything's pale in my eyes apart from black.
(edited 11 years ago)
yes several of my brothers friends have natural strawberry blonde hair
Reply 35
People with half a soul do not exist, so no there is no such thing as natural strawberry blonde.
Reply 36
Why did you tell me that twice? :lol: Anyway, most people who claim to be strawberry blonde are really just pale ginger. I'm sure it is a colour in its own right, but most of the people who claim to be strawberry blonde aren't. And heck, compared to my dark brown hair, everything's pale in my eyes apart from black.
/
/
It wasn't my intention to reply twice, must have been a computer glitch. But I do agree with you, that many who claim to be SB are not. I hated my hair color growing up, but in the last ten years being a redhead is in fashion. So, at least for now, strawberry blonde hair is an ok thing.
Reply 37
I hated my hair color growing up, but in the last ten years being a redhead is in fashion. So, at least for now, strawberry blonde hair is an ok thing.

Strawberry blonde is the prettiest of all hair colours in my humble opinion. You should be happy that you're one of the few who are lucky enough to have it, whether it happens to be in fashion or not. :smile:
/
/
It wasn't my intention to reply twice, must have been a computer glitch. But I do agree with you, that many who claim to be SB are not. I hated my hair color growing up, but in the last ten years being a redhead is in fashion. So, at least for now, strawberry blonde hair is an ok thing.

Strawberry blonde is good. I've wanted to be a redhead for years. Got a bit of a Anne of Green Gables obsession but sadly my hair's too dark to dye without bleaching it first would basically murder my scalp, so I'm destined to be a brunette. I just get bored with mine.
Reply 39
ℒ~the sun does some wild things to my hair . i live in the mojave desert and the sun is always shining and it brings out these natural blonde highlights, it's crazy . try playing with the natural highlights, you can never go wrong with them .

Latest

Trending

Trending