Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has a random person ever said anything eery to you?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A woman on a train once sat next to me and kept asking what county I was from, I ignored her at first but she kept leaning in closer to me and hitting my arm, I told her a different one and she just said "okay" and stayed quiet for the rest of the journey, freaked me out a little bit.

A couple of years ago I also got a text from an unknown number saying "Hey babe, hope you had a good time last night, thanks for the Indian and give me a call sometime" it was very tempting to text back.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I walked a telephone box that rang as I walked past, reminded me of Scream
    I picked it up and the person hung up
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    you guys act like it's not normal to speak to people.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Once a man put his arms around me and tried to drag me away whilst saying "come on chicken, let's find mum". My grandad just stood there grinning... I guess the man realised his mistake when I looked at him in sheer terror because he said "oh I'm very sorry, I thought you were my daughter" and walked off at quite a pace.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    This older unkempt looking guy said "MUST BUY CHEESE. WHERE CAN I FIND CHEESE!" to me in the street once. Not really eerie - but so fake sounding, he must have been having some kind of weird joke with himself. Another time in broad daylight in Edinburgh's busiest street a creepy guy in his 50's with a raincoat and paedo glasses who had been following and staring at me for a couple of minutes got closer and leaned in and whispered to me "take your hands off your phone, drop everything, come with me and everything will be okay". I gave him a weird look as in 'wtf' and he said "I can see I'm scaring you now. I'll go" and ran away.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Yes, it happens 6 times every day (or 10 times, on a 12-hour clock). :borat:

EDIT: It's 12:12 now, which has a similar pattern to it.
    Yeah, 6 minutes out of a total of 1440 minutes in a day. That gives you a probability of 6/1440, which is a 0.42 % percent chance of looking at the clock when it has consecutive numbers... not nearly frequent enough to earn your sarcasm :rolleyes:
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was on the bus going to town, and was sitting next to a lady who was about 40 because the bus was crowded. We have to drive past a grave yard, a fairly sizeable one, on the route. There's a bus stop right outside, and when we stopped at it she turned to me, having not said anything to me until this point, and said "We'll all be in there one day. Rotting, under the ground." Then turned away and didn't speak to me for the rest of the journey! I was like.. yeah.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    This guy told my mum that someone in your own family doesn't have good intentions for you..turned out to be true.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLXP)
    And old man told me to get in his van, that was kinda' weird.

I think i'd have reported that one.....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some girl came upto me in a club and said; "birthday sex?"

How did she know it was my birthday! :gah:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saachi)
    Yeah, 6 minutes out of a total of 1440 minutes in a day. That gives you a probability of 6/1440, which is a 0.42 % percent chance of looking at the clock when it has consecutive numbers... not nearly frequent enough to earn your sarcasm :rolleyes:
    Yes, 0.42% if you only ever look at the clock once per day. If you look at it ten times, then the odds are 4.2%; if you glance at it 100 times per day, then the odds are 42%. And that's only in a single day.

So I'm not mocking you, but it's statistically not that unusual an event.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    At college a few weeks ago, there was a random old man who wandered into reception and went around putting his arms around guys telling them they were pretty and that he'd forgotten where he lived.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really creepy, but a random man on the street once stopped me and said "Jesus loves you" to which i could only answer "Thank you?"

Im Muslim btw, so that makes it all the more awkward
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tench)
    Not really creepy, but a random man on the street once stopped me and said "Jesus loves you" to which i could only answer "Thank you?"

Im Muslim btw, so that makes it all the more awkward
    There's someone like that in the town where I live! I've seen him near bus stops, he's a weird guy who keeps talking about Jesus to himself and whenever people are near him he's like "Praise the lord! Jesus loves you!" xD Hahaha!

And, I live in a busy town road where there is a big pub right down the street. One night recently when my boyfriend was picking me up to go out, I had to walk to his car parked past that pub, dressed up in a short outfit and high heels. I had loads of drunk men screaming at me that they "wanted to give me the time of my life." I practically ran to my boyfriend's car. Scary
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A woman who was on the bus I has just got off chased me across the road saying 'Hey!' once. I didn't realise she was talking to me until I turned round to which she commented on the traffic lights taking ages to change. I agreed and made small talk about the road works in the area. She then said "I spoke to a man about it once and I was saying to him 'better in this life than the next' to which he replied 'I think the next life will be better than this one.' I couldn't understand what he meant. I mean, I couldn't get my head around it. So I followed after him to find out but he said he needed to help some old people. I could have sworn he was an angel or a ghost. Ok, got to go." And she walked into a shop. It proper freaked me out and left me uneasy all day.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no but i got chased by a naked guy in bangladesh once, he was mentally unstable and didn't like being laughed at
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmqib)
    no but i got chased by a naked guy in bangladesh once, he was mentally unstable and didn't like being laughed at
    When I was on a school trip in Spain 2 years ago, our group got stopped in the street at night while one of our teachers took us out, by some naked guys wearing plastic bags who chased us around and were trying to hug us I'm not joking. It was hilarious though! xD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saachi)
    Also I keep seeing consecutive numbers on digital clocks (3:33, 4:44, 5:55) does this happen to anyone else?
    That happens on all digital clocks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Раскольников)
    That happens on all digital clocks.
    Yes. I'm kind of aware of how time works, thanks. But how often do you look at the clock just when it happens?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Yes, 0.42% if you only ever look at the clock once per day. If you look at it ten times, then the odds are 4.2%; if you glance at it 100 times per day, then the odds are 42%. And that's only in a single day.

So I'm not mocking you, but it's statistically not that unusual an event.
    It's still freaky, okay? you don't look ten times at the clock all at the same time, so the probabilities are constantly fluctuating... by 5:54, 5 of the consecutive number minutes have passed and that probability changes to 1/1086.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.