The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA History B Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I basically have finished unit 1 revision now on to unit 2

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 101
Hi, can Anyone please tell me the structure for answering the aqa unit 2 paper please? Possibly a structure to get an A*? and thank you a* guy for the past papers! They're very helpful!

Original post by Vinster
Hi, can Anyone please tell me the structure for answering the aqa unit 2 paper please? Possibly a structure to get an A*? and thank you a* guy for the past papers! They're very helpful!

Your Very Welcome. :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by the A* guy
Your Very Welcome. :biggrin::biggrin:

Dude, you deserve all A*'s in your exams, given the amount of help you've been giving people. :smile:
Original post by Starrstruck
Dude, you deserve all A*'s in your exams, given the amount of help you've been giving people. :smile:

Thank you very much for that comment, and i hope it actually becomes Factual! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 105
Thank you very much for that comment, and i hope it actually becomes Factual! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

LOL ^^

A* guy please can you post Unit 1 january 2012 exam the following topics :

*Peacemaking 1918-1919 and the League of Nations
*Hitlers Foreign Policy and the origins of WWII
*The origins of the Cold War (1945-1955)

I would be grateful if you do. Thanks
Original post by Namch
LOL ^^

A* guy please can you post Unit 1 january 2012 exam the following topics :

*Peacemaking 1918-1919 and the League of Nations
*Hitlers Foreign Policy and the origins of WWII
*The origins of the Cold War (1945-1955)

I would be grateful if you do. Thanks

Here are the 3 topics you wanted:

Hope they help your revision. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Here are the 3 topics you wanted:

Hope they help your revision. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

hi there! you know the exam technique you were going to kindly give me, is it possible you can give it to me by tomorrow? if not that's okay i was just wondering so i thought i would ask! :biggrin:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
hi there! you know the exam technique you were going to kindly give me, is it possible you can give it to me by tomorrow? if not that's okay i was just wondering so i thought i would ask! :biggrin:

Sorry, I got Soooo busy, i forgot. :frown:
I'll write it now! :biggrin:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox

Exam techniques for unit 1:

4 mark Questions: The Question asks you to describe an event, a pact or the aims of someone, etc. What you have to do is to Literally talk about what happened, 2-3 points are needed, no more as it is only a 4 mark question. The examiners are instructed to "MARK GENEROUSLY" for 4 mark Qs, so with 2 or 3 correct points that should get you AT LEAST 3/4, but it more likely that you will get the FULL 4/4 marks in the Q. Remember There is NO ANALYSIS NEEDED for a 4 mark question as you are just describing, and it should be about 5-7 lines in the answer booklet, no more then that.

6 mark Questions: The Question will give you a source, (either a image or quote from something/someone. Out of your 3 topics, it is likely that one will be an image, and the other 2 will be written) and they will tell you an interpretation of what the source means and you have to agree or disagree with the interpretation. When you write your answer to this Question you have to remember N.O.P (Nature . Origin . Purpose) nature - what the source is, e.g. an article, extract, paint, etc, Origin - Where and when the source came from, EG: a 1936 newspaper, 1963 history book etc, Purpose - Why was the source made?, what message does it convey? e.g: to show the british opinion on the second world war. Your analysis should be around the N.O.P of source and WHY they are important and what effect they have, on a person viewing the source. You also have to argue against the source (disagreeing with the statement they give you about the source) this should be done in a separate paragraph, using your own knowledge about other events which would make that statement they give you seem wrong. The format is 2 paragraphs, (1 agree, 1 disagree) and in the last line of the 2nd paragraph state whether you AGREE OR DISAGREE with the statement, and your MAIN reason why you chose to agree or disagree.

i already gave you the structure of a 10 mark Question in an earlier post.

HOPE THESE Structures HELP, :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i will post the structure for unit 2, 8 and 12 mark Qs in a bit.

If anyone finds this or any of my other posts helpful give it a thumbs up please. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 110
Exam techniques for unit 1:

4 mark Questions: The Question asks you to describe an event, a pact or the aims of someone, etc. What you have to do is to Literally talk about what happened, 2-3 points are needed, no more as it is only a 4 mark question. The examiners are instructed to "MARK GENEROUSLY" for 4 mark Qs, so with 2 or 3 correct points that should get you AT LEAST 3/4, but it more likely that you will get the FULL 4/4 marks in the Q. Remember There is NO ANALYSIS NEEDED for a 4 mark question as you are just describing, and it should be about 5-7 lines in the answer booklet, no more then that.

6 mark Questions: The Question will give you a source, (either a image or quote from something/someone. Out of your 3 topics, it is likely that one will be an image, and the other 2 will be written) and they will tell you an interpretation of what the source means and you have to agree or disagree with the interpretation. When you write your answer to this Question you have to remember N.O.P (Nature . Origin . Purpose) nature - what the source is, e.g. an article, extract, paint, etc, Origin - Where and when the source came from, EG: a 1936 newspaper, 1963 history book etc, Purpose - Why was the source made?, what message does it convey? e.g: to show the british opinion on the second world war. Your analysis should be around the N.O.P of source and WHY they are important and what effect they have, on a person viewing the source. You also have to argue against the source (disagreeing with the statement they give you about the source) this should be done in a separate paragraph, using your own knowledge about other events which would make that statement they give you seem wrong. The format is 2 paragraphs, (1 agree, 1 disagree) and in the last line of the 2nd paragraph state whether you AGREE OR DISAGREE with the statement, and your MAIN reason why you chose to agree or disagree.

i already gave you the structure of a 10 mark Question in an earlier post.

HOPE THESE Structures HELP, :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i will post the structure for unit 2, 8 and 12 mark Qs in a bit.

If anyone finds this or any of my other posts helpful give it a thumbs up please. :smile:

If I knew how to thumbs up I would, this is so helpful!!!!

Original post by Smarticus
If I knew how to thumbs up I would, this is so helpful!!!!

Thanks, next the the place you can quote a message there is a thumbs up & thumbs down, Please click on the thumbs Up!! :smile: Just ask if you have any problems doing the thumbs up?
(edited 11 years ago)
If anyone needs specific parts of the june 2011 unit 2 paper then just quote this message and say what you need. :biggrin::biggrin:

Have u got Russia and Vietnam ? I swear to god I, the only one doing Russia
Original post by thetejmaster
Have u got Russia and Vietnam ? I swear to god I, the only one doing Russia

Here's vietnam part of the paper, hope this helps you. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Which topic of russia do you need, tsar - communism OR Stalin's dictatorship?? :confused:
Here's vietnam part of the paper, hope this helps you. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Which topic of russia do you need, tsar - communism OR Stalin's dictatorship?? :confused:

All,thanks for this you are a real lifesaver

Here's Tsar-Comm

Here's Stalin's dictatorship:
Here's Tsar-Comm

Here's Stalin's dictatorship:

HOPE they HELP :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 118
HOPE they HELP :biggrin::biggrin:

Im thinking history is your favourite subject?

Original post by Smarticus
Im thinking history is your favourite subject?

Well it's not my favourite subject, But it is a subject that i find VERY interesting, but i am not doing it for A-Level, Unfortunately. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending