Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get rid off spots?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Been getting quite a low of spots lately, i cleanse and moisturize morning and night,drink lot of water and i eat fruit and all that but recently ive been getting alot of spots, could someone tell me how i can get rid of spots? =/
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    Been getting quite a low of spots lately, i cleanse and moisturize morning and night,drink lot of water and i eat fruit and all that but recently ive been getting alot of spots, could someone tell me how i can get rid of spots? =/
    Have you just about recently hit puberty? Cos if you have, then it's technically normal.. so just carry on applying cream.

If it's just one spot here and there... then try toothpaste.. It kinda neutralises it...

But if it's more severe, I would recommend you to see your doc, they'll probably prescribe you with a better cream... or you could ask a pharmacist x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Difficult To Advise, unfortunately Gary as I'm in my late teens and I've had spots since age 13.From personal experience I use the usual facial cleansers to keep the marauding acme at bay to some degree of success. What I also do is see my doctor for advice on treatment for my spots if i'm particularly concerned, often he recommends various creams/wipes, thus I suggest that you could think about seeing your doctor. Finally a persistent low-level course of antibiotic tablets are a remarkably good cure for spots, I at times also go to m doctor for a fresh course. Try that and see how it works for your situation. Other than that we must look on the bright-side, spots can't surely last forever. Hope this helps.
    The Lord Hudson
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Freederm spot gel stuff in a tube actually works brilliantly on mine. The face wash did little for me, but if I rub in a little of this stuff directly on the spot just after washing/cleansing my face, the next morning 90% of the time it will be nearly gone!

Of course, this may not work with huge and stubborn spots as quickly, and if you apply too much it can make your skin red. Obviously it will vary between people, what works for one person won't necessarily work for another, but if you're at your wits end give it a go!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im also 18 so been/going through puberty. Ah thanks for all the suggestions so far and I was just wondering if eating oily foods such as crisps and chocolate will cause spots? Or is that just a myth? Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    Im also 18 so been/going through puberty. Ah thanks for all the suggestions so far and I was just wondering if eating oily foods such as crisps and chocolate will cause spots? Or is that just a myth? Thanks

My mom does say that.... but im pretty sure as long as you dont eat more than you should it would be fine....

Btw cold water should be your best friend... just washing your face then and there would help a lot x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's purely hormonal, my spots came and went. I have always had a balanced diet, too. They won't last forever.

Do you believe in love at first sight? It's an illusion, I don't care.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    I put toothpaste on them
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    Exercise, diet, water. Sounds like you're already doing two of these. I'd say regular exercise is actually the most important. Flushes out your pores.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)

They can in excess, yes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got to the doctors and ask for a prescription of BP cream. You can get BP cream over the counter as well if you don't want to go to the doctors. Just go into Boots (assuming you're living in the UK!) and ask for either Quinoderm or PanOxyl. It's not terribly expensive, about £4 I think, but it is the crux of any regime to get rid of acne.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the only thing i lack doing at the momment is exercise.. maybe the problem lies there :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tend to find i get spots when its around the exam period due to stress so could be similar
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This might sound a bit weird, but I find that either toothpaste or "Sudocream" helps the most when I get spots, better than Freederm or Clearasil! Whenever you wash your face, use soap or a cleanser to keep the skin clean. I sometimes use a cucumber clay facemask. Also lemon juice and honey mixed together is quite good for fading acne scarring if you keep using it often
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    the only effectie treatment is roccutane
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Tea-tree oil can work really well. I bought a small bottle of it for roughly £2.50 from Superdrug and put it on my face morning and night. I buy the 100% undiluted kind and whilst the smell is kind of overwhelming and it's often advised that you do dilute it, I've found that it's seriously effective just as it is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just posted this in another thread but I've gotten rid of my really bad, 12 year long acne by cutting out sugar, grains and processed food. Basically I eat meat/fish, veg, fruit, nuts, etc., inspired by the Paleo diet. I doubt you'd want to do this if you only have a few spots but it's an option.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 4, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.