The Student Room Group

Unit 3 - The State and the People: Britain 1918-64 (HIS3J)

Scroll to see replies

i'm gonna have to write so fast :frown:
my hand's gonna set on fire and i'll just sit there like wtf
Reply 61
Just wondering if anyone thinks fascism and communism in the 1930s is possible?
Reply 62
Original post by ninanoo34
Just wondering if anyone thinks fascism and communism in the 1930s is possible?

i asked my teacher this, and she said that all we need to do is be aware of it- it would be a very unlikey question to get:smile: shes an examiner for this exam, so hopefully shes right:smile:
Reply 63
does anyone know what sort of questions could come up on the national government?
Original post by beccaa:)
does anyone know what sort of questions could come up on the national government?

Hopefully something to do with the economy and the wall street crash. Can't think of anything else really. They've already done 'MacDonald was better than Attlee' and MacDonald was part of the National Government so there's not much else to do!

I'm really hoping for Labour 45-51 and the EEC :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by Super Mario 64
Hopefully something to do with the economy and the wall street crash. Can't think of anything else really. They've already done 'MacDonald was better than Attlee' and MacDonald was part of the National Government so there's not much else to do!

I'm really hoping for Labour 45-51 and the EEC :frown:

that would be my perfect paper!
Reply 66
Original post by beccaa:)
how are people revising today? feels like i've gone over everything a million times!

I sent 3 essays for my teacher to mark and she's happy and I'm getting my mum to test me on all of my notes, I'm up to 1945 (for like the hundredth time). I'm really sick of Baldwin and Churchill by now though.
Reply 67
Original post by twinlensreflex
I sent 3 essays for my teacher to mark and she's happy and I'm getting my mum to test me on all of my notes, I'm up to 1945 (for like the hundredth time). I'm really sick of Baldwin and Churchill by now though.

i know how you feel, will be so happy to throw out these notes!
Reply 68
I just want to go and get it over and don.with.now...and i thought it was a 2 hour paper...
So im definatly gonna have to right fast. ..i can already feel the hand cramp...
Reply 69
Can someone please go through Labour 1945-51 and then conservatives 1951-64? Just in brief notes so I have the jist of it-literally have no books or notes on this! D:
SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS EXAM! I'm expecting the EEC to come up as I haven't seen any on past papers, and maybe the welfare state, with any luck.
Reply 71
So hoping that appeasement and public opinion or something like that comes up!!
Original post by rural_boy
So hoping that appeasement and public opinion or something like that comes up!!

It would be great if Appeasement came up but I don't think it will because it doesn't really incorporate enough material to write a 45 mark answer on. At least, I don't think it does. Unless of course you can include how that maybe caused the war and how it tarnished Chamberlain's reputation.
Reply 73
Perfect Paper:

Were the Conservatives correct to end their coalition with LG in 1922?
To what extent was the Beveridge report the main reason for Labour winning the 1945 election?
Reply 74
Original post by law@magiccircle
It would be great if Appeasement came up but I don't think it will because it doesn't really incorporate enough material to write a 45 mark answer on. At least, I don't think it does. Unless of course you can include how that maybe caused the war and how it tarnished Chamberlain's reputation.

Yeah I know Appeasement on its own couldn't stretch into 45 marks unfortunately! But I was maybe thinking a question on how public opinion shaped politics in the thirties maybe...

God knows what they're going to ask tomorrow!
Original post by rural_boy
Yeah I know Appeasement on its own couldn't stretch into 45 marks unfortunately! But I was maybe thinking a question on how public opinion shaped politics in the thirties maybe...

God knows what they're going to ask tomorrow!

Do you think public opinion did shape politics in the thirties? I'm not so sure.
Reply 76
good luck everyone for tomorrow
Reply 77
Original post by law@magiccircle
Do you think public opinion did shape politics in the thirties? I'm not so sure.

Well no not really, haha! It was the National Government from 31' onwards after MacDonald's 'betrayal', but I mean public opinion shaping foreign policy; King & Country debate - 33, Peace Ballot - 35, Spanish Civil War 36 - 39, public opinion was firmly against re-armament and favoured appeasement blah blah blah...
Reply 78
The chances of appeasement and EEC coming up are very much nil, this is a British domestic paper focusing upon domestic issues, you have to be aware of the two issues in terms of Chamberlain and Macmillan failures. Otherwise, issues and policys such as the Abdication Crisis and General strike are likely to come up, with the GS less likely. My prediction is a Atlee 1945-1951 as it has only come up once, but it is the third year of the new spec, and a national government with Mcdonalds, Baldy and Chambermaid question, probarely successes and failures. If something like women's rights comes up, I will cry in the middle of the hall.
Original post by Zulfiqar
The chances of appeasement and EEC coming up are very much nil, this is a British domestic paper focusing upon domestic issues, you have to be aware of the two issues in terms of Chamberlain and Macmillan failures. Otherwise, issues and policys such as the Abdication Crisis and General strike are likely to come up, with the GS less likely. My prediction is a Atlee 1945-1951 as it has only come up once, but it is the third year of the new spec, and a national government with Mcdonalds, Baldy and Chambermaid question, probarely successes and failures. If something like women's rights comes up, I will cry in the middle of the hall.

What's wrong with women's rights?

Also the EEC is a domestic issue considering we applied to join!

The Abdication crisis does not contain enough information to write a long answer on.

I agree, however, that the General Strike might come up, but has been asked before, so it's 50/50.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending