The Student Room Group

Topless This Summer?

Just wondered if this was the consensus on here? I know some people are shy and a bit prudish but would you think it was "disgusting" if you saw others topless on the beach or by the pool?

If you've been topless before, did you encounter any negativity?

BTW - this isn't aimed at boys [...awaits lots of boys saying "I always go topless"...]!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I personally havent, I dont find topless discusting though, but when i went to menorca 2 years ago there was a lot of people that went all out nothing on, both genders, was not a pretty site haha
Reply 2
why do you feel you need other people to look at your tits? Removing the two small triangles of fabric isn't going to make much difference in terms of your comfort level in the heat.
Reply 3
Original post by plimsolls
why do you feel you need other people to look at your tits? Removing the two small triangles of fabric isn't going to make much difference in terms of your comfort level in the heat.

I think its probably to do with tanlines rather than comfort tbh
Disgusting? Are your friends 6 or something?
Just don't complain when you get lads leering at you, nothing better than a nice pair of fun bags on display in the sun. Dark shades to hide your eyes and :perv:
I actually like tan lines. But if you want to get naked on the beach that's fine by me, just bear in mind that in some places it's appropriate and some it's not.
Reply 7
Being so ashamed of one's body makes no sense tbh
and other people caring about another person's is even more baffling

If you want to go topless, just go. Boobs look better than tan lines anyway
Pretty slutty really.
Seen plenty of people do it before, just don't complain when people take a look :lol:
Original post by PapaShmurff
Seen plenty of people do it before, just don't complain when people take a look :lol:

Exactly!!!

I have gone topless and you can't complain when guys are eyeing you up, no matter what age they are. You have your boobs out, so you are the one showing them afterall lol. It is cool.
It should be a choice for each of you whether or not you sunbathe topless and those who choose not to should not be criticised. On holidays to Spain to what is probably a similar kind of resort there have been groups on a 'girly holiday' there have been some topless and others not, and no-one has really cared. I now go to France myself (friends have a flat I can use, and I speak enough French to avoid ever having to say 'do you speak English?) and there is a similar attitude akin to 'it's your choice'.

So if it's one of your group topless or whether it's six (you and the four friends who might) makes no odds. Your having sunbathed topless in front of family members suggests you should be comfortable doing so on this holiday, as I've come across young women who will sunbathe topless with friends or with their boyfriend, but never if on a family holiday.

Whatever you and your friends choose, don't forget your sunglasses and plenty of suncream. And a willingness to be firm and blunt with any man who gawps at you (as someone I know puts it 'talks to your tits not your face').
It's nothing but attention seeking.

Just wear a bikini...nobody besides your boyfriend/girlfriend will see the "tan lines" so why does it even matter? :daydreaming:
Reply 13
Original post by DJMayes
Some people don't necessarily expose themselves because they're absolute sluts. Many European countries don't have the same prude ideals as the general British public, and going about on the beach topless is the norm. It's true as well for the old people, who certainly aren't going about topless in order to achieve the goal you're suggesting!

I personally wouldn't do it and would not be happy with my girlfriend if she did but there are reasons people go topless on the beaches other than overactive libido and a sense of exhibitionism.

Well im talking about ppl here
Original post by Mexican Red Knee
It's nothing but attention seeking.

Just wear a bikini...nobody besides your boyfriend/girlfriend will see the "tan lines" so why does it even matter? :daydreaming:

It is choice....some girls like to and some girls don't. Men have the choice, so should girls.
Original post by JessicaUk
It is choice....some girls like to and some girls don't. Men have the choice, so should girls.

Everybody has a vagina or a penis it doesn't mean everyone should see it, same with boobs really.

What difference would wearing a bikini and not wearing one make? Very little, if any.

Yes its her choice but she best not get upset when guys will think she is easy or attention seeking purposely. :smile:
You're ok being topless in front of your dad and brothers?
It is fairly common place on many Spanish beaches (never been to Greece, but I assume it is similar)

But if you have the confidence in your body why not? Its certainly not disgusting, it is only natural after all...
Original post by dean01234
It is fairly common place on many Spanish beaches (never been to Greece, but I assume it is similar)

But if you have the confidence in your body why not? Its certainly not disgusting, it is only natural after all...

The whole human body is 'natural'.

If you want to play that game... go and start walking down the street naked all the time, alright? :cute::curious::facepalm:
Reply 19
I think if you're with people who aren't comfortable with it, it's courtesy not to do it. Otherwise, it's up to you. I certainly wouldn't do it myself.

Quick Reply

Latest