The Student Room Group

SCLY3 Beliefs In Society June 13th 2012 exam

Hi guys!

Was just wondering if anyone was also getting ready for this Uni 3 Beliefs In Society exam on June 13th? If so how is your revision going at the moment? Ive only just started a few days ago due to other exams and coursework deadlines. Has anyone come up with any predictions for this exam? I'm now panicking!!!! lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is that like religion and science? Only started yesterday. :frown:
Reply 2
It was going fine until I got to NRMs :mad: it's such a wide topic area I don't know where to start!! Luckily I don't think it will come up as an essay.

Marxism, Postmodernism, Feminism, Globalisation & Science are probably the most likely to come up
Reply 3
Ah I'm currently revising for this, though I've begun procrastinating now hah! What I really hate about this unit is Religion in a global context I just find it a bit overwhelming, especially the Pentecostalism in Latin America and Hinduism :frown: how is everyone else with this topic?

I have a feeling that Secularisation in America will come up along with Globalisation, Religion and Social change ><'
Hey guys,
I know we should try are very best in the exams but I was looking at the grade boundaries for the last two A2 exams for beliefs in society/C&D, and they're not that high! Am I misreading them? - because isn't an A supposed to be generally 80% across all disciplines?(Sorry for my stupidity if so :P)

Sorry, it's a bit off topic: :P

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JUNE11.PDF
http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JAN12.PDF
Reply 5
Original post by supercalifragilist
Hey guys,
I know we should try are very best in the exams but I was looking at the grade boundaries for the last two A2 exams for beliefs in society/C&D, and they're not that high! Am I misreading them? - because isn't an A supposed to be generally 80% across all disciplines?(Sorry for my stupidity if so :P)

Ah no I believe you may be right because my Soci teacher was telling me the other day that the grade boundaries aren't that high for Crime and Deviance though I'm not sure about Beliefs in Society ><'
Reply 6
Original post by supercalifragilist
Hey guys,

No that's right. You don't have to be fantastic at each question you just have to answer each one well with an average score and you could still get an A
Original post by iamkeeley
No that's right. You don't have to be fantastic at each question you just have to answer each one well with an average score and you could still get an A

You don't realise how happy this makes me :borat: (High five all round)
Reply 8
Original post by Mariya786
Ah no I believe you may be right because my Soci teacher was telling me the other day that the grade boundaries aren't that high for Crime and Deviance though I'm not sure about Beliefs in Society ><'

yeah i did crime and deviance in january and i got 102/120 and got an A, apparently in raw marks there was only something like 30 points difference between a D and an A
my teacher said that because these were low the beliefs grade boundaries might be higher, but who knows
Reply 9
stressing so much about this exam!

a few people have mentioned globalisation as a possible topic to come up, but i dont think i have learnt this:frown: does anyone know what kind of question would come up for globalisation?
Reply 10
I've been revising like crazy for this unit - I'm pretty sure I know everything for it - just trying to get my head around the 9 mark question. I get full marks on almost all of my essay questions but when it comes to those 9 markers I just can't get more than 6/9 it drives me crazy! Does anybody else have this problem?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by beccaa:)
stressing so much about this exam!

a few people have mentioned globalisation as a possible topic to come up, but i dont think i have learnt this:frown: does anyone know what kind of question would come up for globalisation?

This is what I am stressing out about too! This topic seems so hard and I have never done an essya on it :frown:

Does anyone know possible questions and essay plans for this please?
All the topics which people have predicted are the worst ones!! :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by C.Moon
I've been revising like crazy for this unit - I'm pretty sure I know everything for it - just trying to get my head around the 9 mark question. I get full marks on almost all of my essay questions but when it comes to those 9 markers I just can't get more than 6/9 it drives me crazy! Does anybody else have this problem?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I really need to brush up on my essays, do you have any technique/ tips you recommend I use?
Reply 14
Original post by scaredofexams
All the topics which people have predicted are the worst ones!! :frown:

Which topics have you predicted to come up? I'm so scared for this exam, i really need to do well and i can't say my revision or motivation is too good at the moment lol
Reply 15
Original post by Mariya786
Ah I'm currently revising for this, though I've begun procrastinating now hah! What I really hate about this unit is Religion in a global context I just find it a bit overwhelming, especially the Pentecostalism in Latin America and Hinduism :frown: how is everyone else with this topic?

I have a feeling that Secularisation in America will come up along with Globalisation, Religion and Social change ><'

Oh my gosh! This is exactly what I have predicted will come up. I think it will be social change or control which is the same you just evaluate one with the other and i think secularisation as in is it happening and like examples you use are Britain and America and i think Postmodernists who basically reject the view of secularisation.
Reply 16
hey guys hope revision is going well
say the question is on globalisation would you talk about seculatisation nrms science? anything else
i hope the 18 marker is on gender!
are all of you on AQA? X
Original post by MSJM1
Which topics have you predicted to come up? I'm so scared for this exam, i really need to do well and i can't say my revision or motivation is too good at the moment lol

I haven't predicted the topics myself but I have heard that it will be Marxism, Science, Postmodernity and Global contexts.

My teacher however says that either religion as a conservator force etc or secularisation comes up almost every year
Reply 19
Hey guys, I need help with something ><'
I really don't understand the topic about 'Hinduism + Confucianism' & 'Social Protest' about the American Civil Rights Movements? I don't understand how it's relevant.. ah I just don't get it. lol could someone help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending