The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have not done any practice papers for the 1MAO/1H exam (i just wanted to ensure i have revised everything before- i was going over what we have done in class but i got stuck on the proofs - do we need to know the proofs? :confused:
Reply 41
Original post by Sara_A
What paper is that in?

I have not done any practice papers for the 1MAO/1H exam (i just wanted to ensure i have revised everything before- i was going over what we have done in class but i got stuck on the proofs - do we need to know the proofs? :confused:
Reply 42
Original post by mia_hilton
Hi guys, how can i learn the proof of each of the circle theorems it's something i'm really struggling with :confused:...help please!

What proofs? :smile:

EDIT: Oh, I understand what you mean. See this website: http://www.benjamin-mills.com/maths/Year11/circle-theorems-proof.pdf

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
I'm quite nervous! The questions are so much more difficult and there is a lot more English going on in it.
I'm not quite sure how to revise either! But yes, hopefully it will affect the grade boundaries because we are the first year to do it- which means they should be relatively low anyway.
Reply 44

Please can you link me to the questions for these answers, they look really helpful!
Original post by ArtisticFlair
No I've ordered them over the phone.. they'll be here by Thursday so should I scan them through and post the link to you? X

That would be fab! Shall I PM you my email address?
Reply 46

Im sure you do need to know it for the exams.
Reply 47
Original post by usycool1
What proofs? :smile:

EDIT: Oh, I understand what you mean. See this website: http://www.benjamin-mills.com/maths/Year11/circle-theorems-proof.pdf

:smile:

Wow- that's great thanks, now just the gruelling process of learning them :wink:, would you be able to look at this problem on vectors i'm really confused..please?:confused:Vectors.pptx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Can anyone pleasee help me with this?

A rectangular container is 12 cm long, 11cm wide and 10cm high.
The container is filled with water to a depth of 8 cm

A metal sphere of radius 3.5cm is placed in the water. It sinks to the bottom.

Calculate the rise in the water level.
Give your answer correct to 3 significant figures.

it is 4 marks and I have nooo idea what to do :/
Reply 49
Wow- that's great thanks, now just the gruelling process of learning them :wink:, would you be able to look at this problem on vectors i'm really confused..please?:confused:Vectors.pptx

No problem :smile:

For the vectors question:
OA⃗\vec{OA} is parallel to EF⃗\vec{EF}. This means that EF⃗\vec{EF} is the same as OA⃗\vec{OA}, hence EF⃗\vec{EF} is 6a :smile:

Make sense? :smile:
I have done a paper, but i dont know if it is the new spec one! What was the first question to the calculator and non-calculator papers please? Thank-you!
Reply 51

Do you have the questions for these/ where are they from?

Thanks
Reply 52
Original post by usycool1
No problem :smile:

For the vectors question:
OA⃗\vec{OA} is parallel to EF⃗\vec{EF}. This means that EF⃗\vec{EF} is the same as OA⃗\vec{OA}, hence EF⃗\vec{EF} is 6a :smile:

Make sense? :smile:

Yes thank you ! - i feel so dumb (i'd rep you but it wont let me bcuz i already have :wink:
Reply 53
Here are both mock papers and mark schemes! My teacher gave them to us :biggrin: Paper_1_Higher_Mock.pdf , Paper_1_Higher_Mock_MS.pdf, Paper_2_Higher_Mock.pdf, Paper_2_Higher_Mock_MS.pdf
Reply 54
oh and the specimen papers are usually a lot harder than the actual papers i think, to prepare us for it. Cos the mock papers seem easier!
Reply 55
Original post by Wowzerss
Do you have the questions for these/ where are they from?

Thanks

They are for the textbook that ArtisticFlair mentioned
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Mathematics-Edexcel-2010-Targeting/dp/1846906741/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338793017&sr=8-2-fkmr1
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Yes thank you ! - i feel so dumb (i'd rep you but it wont let me bcuz i already have :wink:

No problem :smile: Lol there's no need to feel dumb :wink:

Don't worry about rep :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by el_mundo
Here are both mock papers and mark schemes! My teacher gave them to us :biggrin: Paper_1_Higher_Mock.pdf , Paper_1_Higher_Mock_MS.pdf, Paper_2_Higher_Mock.pdf, Paper_2_Higher_Mock_MS.pdf

Thanks for these :smile:
Original post by el_mundo

I LOVE you right now! Thanks for these - I'll probably revise everything, do the past papers, mark them and then see where my weaknesses lie :wink:
I have no reps :frown:

Latest