The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Princess008
do you have answers to them?

yes sure, what paper?
Original post by ColdKant
LOOL I print screened you preaching to that atheist on here and took the liberty of uploading the genius to facebook.... activate it please :'( i turned off my phone for the exam... and well if you're up for the challenge do the specimen C paper i attached, send me your answers and ill mark it for you :wink:

You did what?!?!?!?!? LOOOL imma kill you man.. And gimme the mark schemes for papers A and B. Hell, just upload all the mark schemes man. And where did you get these from, pray tell..?
yes sure, what paper?

if you don't mind all of them? please
also do you think i should do the old spec papers? why is the mock different from these papers? why is the mock easy and will the exam be similar to the mock or these papers?
sorry to bother you
thank you :smile:
Reply 103

Original post by lebron_23
You did what?!?!?!?!? LOOOL imma kill you man.. And gimme the mark schemes for papers A and B. Hell, just upload all the mark schemes man. And where did you get these from, pray tell..?

LOOOOL ACTIVATE IT PLEASE, everyones just saying how you're going to get an a* now :wink: and NO! do that paper first :wink: score 70+ and you can have all the others i have :')
LOOL I print screened you preaching to that atheist on here and took the liberty of uploading the genius to facebook.... activate it please :'( i turned off my phone for the exam... and well if you're up for the challenge do the specimen C paper i attached, send me your answers and ill mark it for you :wink:

And nah man, i'm not gonna activate Facebook until AFTER the exams. That way i'll spend less time on that crap. Having said that though, since deactivating Facebook, i seem to be spending a hell of a lot of time on here :s-smilie:

LOOOOL ACTIVATE IT PLEASE, everyones just saying how you're going to get an a* now :wink: and NO! do that paper first :wink: score 70+ and you can have all the others i have :')

Do you WANT me to murder you? Just gimme the bloody mark schemes man :angry: and what d'you mean about everyone saying imma get an a*? :/
Reply 106
Original post by Princess008
if you don't mind all of them? please
also do you think i should do the old spec papers? why is the mock different from these papers? why is the mock easy and will the exam be similar to the mock or these papers?
sorry to bother you
thank you :smile:

pm me your email and I'll send them to you promptly :smile:
and well the mock paper was slightly easier compared to these, however I'd say they will be more like the mock paper. The head of maths however said they use these papers I have attached as templates to make the real thing; if you can answer these then well you pretty much have an a* in the bag :smile:
Reply 107
Do you WANT me to murder you? Just gimme the bloody mark schemes man :angry: and what d'you mean about everyone saying imma get an a*? :/

no no no :wink: lets see your attempt at this paper! and activate it man, that way I can keep in touch :smile:
no no no :wink: lets see your attempt at this paper! and activate it man, that way I can keep in touch :smile:

Bro, i'm doing them atm. And unless you want me to show you what your head looks like on a plate, i suggest you email the mark schemes for A and B... :biggrin:
Reply 109
Bro, i'm doing them atm. And unless you want me to show you what your head looks like on a plate, i suggest you email the mark schemes for A and B... :biggrin:

I'll send you the mark scheme if you get the last question right on Specimen paper C :colone: the 9 marker
I'll send you the mark scheme if you get the last question right on Specimen paper C :colone: the 9 marker

-_- are you gonna send them or what man? I grow tired of this childish banter...
Reply 111
-_- are you gonna send them or what man? I grow tired of this childish banter...

cool activate your facebook and i'll send them on there :colone:
cool activate your facebook and i'll send them on there :colone:

You forgotten that Hotmail exists too?
I'm soooooooo scared i got a C in march but i'm doing a re-sit and i'm aiming pretty high, i haven't revised at All due to the fact i had so much exams before hand. Tommorrow i'm going to revise in the library for 5+ hours so can some one advise me on what i should do and how i can i stay motivated? Please help me because i'm really scared and i have to get a good grade and Thank you sooooooooooo much in advance
And good luck to everyone doing the exam
Reply 114
Original post by lil-mazie
I'm soooooooo scared i got a C in march but i'm doing a re-sit and i'm aiming pretty high, i haven't revised at All due to the fact i had so much exams before hand. Tommorrow i'm going to revise in the library for 5+ hours so can some one advise me on what i should do and how i can i stay motivated? Please help me because i'm really scared and i have to get a good grade and Thank you sooooooooooo much in advance
And good luck to everyone doing the exam

Well I'd recommend you do past papers and work on your exam technique using the mark schemes :smile: there's some papers on this post and I would also do some from the old 1380 specification just to get a hang of everything. Motivation? Well you wouldn't want another C grade, in this day and age C's are below average! scare yourself like that and im sure it will motivate you :smile: FEAR!
How's everyone feeling about the exam?

Doing the mock papers Edexcel have provided the exam is looking difficult compared to the previous format.
How does everyone feel about the functional skills questions doing the mock papers?
Do you think this will affect the grade boundaries?
(The most recent for the march 2012 paper being 158/200 for an a* - old spec)

I have attached some specimen papers straight from the locked section of the edexcel website for you guys to attempt :smile: also a formula sheet with formulas that are not given in the exam and you are expected to know.

(Anyone looking for a challenge should attempt the last question on 1MA0H Specimen C.pdf)

Are there no answers to these????:confused: How are we supposed to know if we got question right or wrong lol...:rolleyes:
I am still confused. Is this the GCSE? What is functional skills?
Reply 117
Original post by creativexx76
Are there no answers to these????:confused: How are we supposed to know if we got question right or wrong lol...:rolleyes:

just pm me your email and I'll send you the mark schemes promptly :smile:

(have now posted the mark schemes at the first post and throughout the thread)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 118
Original post by GreenLantern1
I am still confused. Is this the GCSE? What is functional skills?

It is a GCSE, the functional skills element just tests how you work with explaining and applying problems to real life situations :smile:
It is a GCSE, the functional skills element just tests how you work with explaining and applying problems to real life situations :smile:

So this is the GCSE right. All I know is that I am doing the GCSE new spec Edexcel A. Non Calc on 11th and Calc 13th.

Is that this?

Latest

Trending

Trending