The Student Room Group

Southampton BM4 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarahclifford
I've just been offered a place!!
I got a 2:1 in BSc Biology from the University of Bath. My only condition is that I get at least grade E in AS Chemistry which I'm sitting this year. UKCAT: 665
Good luck everyone! x

Congratz, :biggrin:
Reply 81
Hey guys. I received an offer for the BM4 course on Monday through track. No letters/emails from Southampton yet though.

My UKCAT score was 692, I have a 2.1 MBiochem from the Uni of Bath and am currently finishing a PhD at Birmingham.

Happy to answer any questions.
Reply 82
I've just been offered a place!!
I got a 2:1 in BSc Biology from the University of Bath. My only condition is that I get at least grade E in AS Chemistry which I'm sitting this year. UKCAT: 665
Good luck everyone! x

Congrats!
I have a 2:1 in Biology from Bath too! Awaiting my offer :wink:
Original post by Cattree
Congrats!
I have a 2:1 in Biology from Bath too! Awaiting my offer :wink:

Weheyyyy!! Graduated this year too??? Good luck!!
Original post by roygbiv
Hey guys. I received an offer for the BM4 course on Monday through track. No letters/emails from Southampton yet though.

My UKCAT score was 692, I have a 2.1 MBiochem from the Uni of Bath and am currently finishing a PhD at Birmingham.

Congratz
Reply 85

Haha, No I graduated in 2006 :redface:
Thanks - fingers crossed...
Congratulations to those with others. I got a rejection last week and I would love to know what sort of work experience/ extra curricular stuff you guys with offers have done?
Original post by roygbiv

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 88
Well done everyone, offers have come so early for southampton! Does anyone know roughly how many people they offer?
Reply 89
Original post by lizzierc1313
Congratulations to those with others. I got a rejection last week and I would love to know what sort of work experience/ extra curricular stuff you guys with offers have done?

My experience is probably slightly unusual in that I haven't done HCA or volunteer work in the UK system.

During my undergrad degree I worked at Duke University Medical Centre as a research assistant for 6 months, then at St. Jude's Children's Hospital for another 6 months. At Duke I did a small amount of shadowing and interacted with a lot of translational and clinical scientists. At St. Jude's I had more of the same but also attended a cancer clinic for uninsured patients and worked on the care respite program at St. Jude's as a volunteer.

My current PhD is very clinical so have been able to do a lot of shadowing at tertiary clinics, ward rounds and clinical trials. I currently mentor secondary school pupils, helping them with skills needed for university/employment and exams etc and do small group teaching and undergrad project supervision.

So I guess I'm very lucky in that I have been exposed to, and been able to take, a lot of opportunities to get clinical experience during my education.
Reply 90
Just got a rejection from soton, very disappointed but congrats to those with offers, sounds as though you have some great experience and qualifications. Guess there's always next year!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Im sorry to hear about that. Good luck in your other applications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Ah... so they are rolling out the offers now.

I hope I hear some positive news soon!
Reply 93
I got an offer yesterday through track!

Predicted 1st in Chemistry at York University
UKCAT: 665 (thought this would mean blanket rejections)
Work experience: Worked as a HCA last Easter and summer hols, one week shadowing in a children's hospice and two days shadowing an orthopaedic surgeon. This isn't really a lot but I think they place a huge emphasis on you talking about personal experiences that you learnt from, which I eventually geared my PS towards.

I'm in a strange position as I had thought I was going to be rejected from everywhere, and by the time this offer came through I wasn't sure it was what I wanted to do anymore. I hear they give visit days to people holding offers later on though so that'll be really useful. Good luck everyone else.
Reply 95
How many of you are still yet to hear from Southampton? I haven't heard anything <_<. I hope they still have offers to hand out.
Reply 96
Nothing from Southampton yet either!! :frown:
Ditto... Still waiting... They're my last hope!
Reply 98
I havent heard anything yet either so im hoping they still have more to go...anyone have any idea how many offers they send out in relation to the number of places?
Also still waiting! Fingers crossed there's still offers to be given (or hope they put us out of our misery soon)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending