The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA German Exam - 18.6.12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mrdw
i wasn't sure about the graffiti, but I said he thought it was pointless because it would come back every day and the school children should do it.
And then I guessed he thought she was being unreasonable but I think thats totally wrong

I think he said he shouldnt clean it because he didn't do it. The pupil should be made to do it.
I guessed he was annoyed at her? idk.
Reply 41
Well i failed that exam..

Low grade bounadries? :biggrin:

26/40 for A* in 2010, but most of my friends found this WAY harder than 2010 so..?

I wrote "she got a promotion" for Ulrike's event -_- failed
Original post by shmuxel
How did everyone do on this paper?

I thought it was harder than usual, so hopefully should provide lower grade boundaries.

Notable Questions

Question 1: It was the castle, so was A
Question about 'Paul': Her brother told paul that she wanted him back
Question about looking for jobs: It was D and C - The van with a flower and the receptionist for a dentist
Question about Ulrike and her event: It was a 40th birthday (I completely missed the 40th bit)
Question about the father's hobby; He thought it was a waste of time (I wrote He thought it was not a waste of time :angry:)

Can't think of any more? Just ask if you can!

Umm the one about someones father turning 40- what happened? Its was he became a grandfather (grobvater)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 43
Original post by frog69
did anyone get AA for the last one?

I put AA, but the second part was a guess
Reply 44
Original post by EnviroProtector
Umm the one about someones father turning 40- what happened? Its was he became a grandfather (grobvater)

yeah i put grandfather
Reply 45
Original post by lhj15196
I put AA, but the second part was a guess

what was the last question again?
Reply 46
Original post by EnviroProtector

The turning 40 one- it sounded like they were saying thank you for the presents and turning 40 isn't so bad after all?
Reply 47
Original post by mrdw
what was the last question again?

he was going on holiday with friends but didnt have time to work for money to pay for it
Reply 48
he was going on holiday with friends but didnt have time to work for money to pay for it

oh yeah, i forgot the letters but I put beach (strand) and then he would find a way to get the money
Reply 49
Original post by mrdw
oh yeah, i forgot the letters but I put beach (strand) and then he would find a way to get the money

i'm pretty sure that was AA
Reply 50
i'm pretty sure that was AA

Yeah, I put AA.

Overall I found it OK, I know that lost at least 6 marks, though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ah I thought the paper was soooo hard :frown: And I'm planning on taking German next year for A-level.. :facepalm:

How did everyone find it? I thought that the question about the Bastian's father's hobby was impossible :s-smilie: Hopefully it will have low grade boundaries!!
Reply 52
was one of the answers that she got a 2 in english, which she never got before?
for one of the questions i putone person recyled glass, one did nothing, and one didn't use spray.
and did the first politician say he tried everything he could do, and the second one said there is no improvement in poverty
Reply 53
the grade boundaries are so unpredictable though, last year it was 36/40 for an A* and the year before it was 26/40, so the grade boundaries could be anything really
Reply 54
Original post by thatgirlbecky
Ah I thought the paper was soooo hard :frown: And I'm planning on taking German next year for A-level.. :facepalm:

How did everyone find it? I thought that the question about the Bastian's father's hobby was impossible :s-smilie: Hopefully it will have low grade boundaries!!

i hope so too :frown: i put he like driving cars but someone thought it was polluting the air with fumes
Reply 55
Original post by mrdw
was one of the answers that she got a 2 in english, which she never got before?
for one of the questions i putone person recyled glass, one did nothing, and one didn't use spray.
and did the first politician say he tried everything he could do, and the second one said there is no improvement in poverty

That's exactly the same as what I put, except I said that she got a 1 in English - I may have made a mistake, though.
Reply 56
i put she got a 1 in english as well
Reply 57
Original post by thatgirlbecky

It was tricky, but not nearly as bad as i was expecting, and i want to do it next year too (:
Yeah i guessed that one, i said he thought it was boring and a waste of time. They should be quite low!
That paper was, in my opinion, much harder than the practice papers I've done.... The question about the graffiti and Bastian's (dad's?) hobby was just.. bleh. I didn't fully understand why Isne was annoyed with her brother though... I put "He told Paul of her negative feelings" Hahahaha..... =________=
And for the occasion one, originally I put "Graduation" as a guess, and then I thought "Screw it" and but "Birthday" instead. I was right second time round! (Minus the detail about the 40 part. Noooooo) *slap self*

Is it going to be 36/40 for an A*? Or do they alter the grade boundaries in this exam from year to year?
Let's hope the reading is going to be reasonable. Pah.
Reply 59
i think i did put a 1 in english actually, was it a 2 in maths? i already cant remember

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending